PDA

View Full Version : Another Isuzu price question

vntgrcr
02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
I have found a "brand new" 2005 Isuzu dump body with the large "L-Pak" tool box, diesel, automatic, cd player, power locks/windows at a local dealer. It is a nice truck and I am thinking about replacing my old reliable with 250Kmiles on it. But, they want $38K for it. This is exactly as I want it, but the price seems high to me. They also said commercial loan rates through GM are at around 7.5%. Just wondering what your thoughts are and what you guys who have shopped around or bought recently have found. I am not interested in any other combination than what this truck has. Or if someone has a dealer in the northeast that is a little more realistic. I was hoping to get into the low thirties. Thanks
David

vntgrcr
02-06-2007, 08:28 PM
I need to make a move on this truck but want to know what you guys think.
Thanks
David

LLandscaping
02-06-2007, 08:50 PM
What model Isuzu?

vntgrcr
02-06-2007, 09:22 PM
It is a basic NPR cab over.

Gravel Rat
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Are you sure its a 2005 if its new ?

If it is new the price is about right the interest rate is a little on the high side. If the truck is what you want and fits your needs and you can afford it buy it.

vntgrcr
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
Are you sure its a 2005 if its new ?

If it is new the price is about right the interest rate is a little on the high side. If the truck is what you want and fits your needs and you can afford it buy it.
Ya, I know it sounds wierd, but it is brand new. It only has 300 miles on it. They said that it had a different body on it that someone wanted on a different truck, they swapped it out. I am going ot maike them sweat a little bit. I just think $38 is too much for 2005. Thanks for the replies.

Gravel Rat
02-06-2007, 09:46 PM
If it really is a 2005 then offer them 34,000 or try 30,000 I don't think a 2005 is worth 38,000. Tell the dealer you have to replace the tires because they are dry rotted so drop the price :laugh:

Lawnworks
02-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Man that does sound high. Have you checked out trucktrader lately. I have seen some good deals in there lately. For 38k, I wonder if you could get a Isuzu FTR.

My thing is, if I sleep on the deal for a couple of days, and I am still on the fence... it isn't a good deal. If I find myself thinking the next day.."I better get this one before someone else"... I grab it. Not that you need any advise from me, but it has worked well for me.

greenscapes,inc.
02-06-2007, 10:43 PM
Yeah thats high especially for a 05. I just got 5.99% on a 07 npr

tnmtn
02-07-2007, 12:39 AM
sounds like a nice truck. we always hear about how new vehicles loose value when driven off the lot. someone else drove it off the lot and took a beating i am sure when trading it back in. how much would a new one set up the same cost. if are getting a good deal go for it. sometimes a dealer will tell wholesale and retail price. i would call another dealer and ask what they would buy it from you for then offer your dealer a little more.
good luck,