PDA

View Full Version : bad back need help

yrrej
02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
I have a hustler mini Z which is approxmately 4 years old. My problem is that I have a very bad back and unless I can tame the rough ride my mowing days are over.I have tried tire pressure no help. Anyone got any suggestions. Right now I have plenty of time to read replys, have been confined to my bed for the last six weeks with my back.Any suggestions apprecoated.

thanks jerry

mowerconsultant
02-06-2007, 09:39 PM
There are a few options for you.
Suspension seat
Flex Forks
And the new flex seat platform.
All of these will soften the ride and the feeling in your back.
I will have details on the Flex Seat in the coming weeks.

Pj

Downunder Bob
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
Same here,I have an 04 Mini-52.
Because a mini has a small footprint, cutting any rough ground can leave you a bit sore.
I put an ultra low suspension on the other day and found it helped a lot.
I would post a picture but it won't let me do it twice.

Cheers.

OSDOTF
02-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I have one of the original 52" Minis with the 20" wheels, and its standard seat can combine with the short wheelbase to really really give you some shots to the kidneys when you're charge over the stutter bumps. Flex forks really iron out the ride in front, and I really like the job the optional spring kit (pn 600197--$219) does for jolts at the rear. In addition to adjustable vertical action, it also seems to allow some give to the rear that the Super Z's Michigan suspension seat doesn't have.

yrrej
02-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Thanks for the advice. I Will need all the help I can get to ride this machine. You mentioned a flex seat, is this the same pj is referring to? Again let me thank everyone for their help. I am going to see a neuro surgeon in the comming weeks to see what options I have with the back I have left.

Thanks jerry

gps_jetskier
02-12-2007, 04:26 PM
I don't believe the flex seat platform exists. We never saw pictures. :)

mowerconsultant
02-13-2007, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the advice. I Will need all the help I can get to ride this machine. You mentioned a flex seat, is this the same pj is referring to? Again let me thank everyone for their help. I am going to see a neuro surgeon in the comming weeks to see what options I have with the back I have left.

Thanks jerry

I have friends that have gone down the long road your on, see many Dr's and get many opinions, with todays technology you will be surprised what they can do!!!

Pj

mowerconsultant
02-13-2007, 10:14 PM

It exists and its been shown to over half our dealers already.
Soon to be released part # and pricing.

Pj

mowerconsultant
02-14-2007, 10:25 AM

Here is your picture.....
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y248/mowerconsultant/work/FlexSeatCollage.jpg

gps_jetskier
02-14-2007, 05:35 PM
Heyhey! Good work PJ. I was kidding you know.

Anyway. Looks like the suspension is in the back and not the bottom. Correct? Or is it in both? That's interesting. If it's just in the back can it be combined with a regular suspension setup? I bet not since the torsion thing is under it.

gps_jetskier

GreenN'Clean
02-14-2007, 07:54 PM
I have a hustler mini Z which is approxmately 4 years old. My problem is that I have a very bad back and unless I can tame the rough ride my mowing days are over.I have tried tire pressure no help. Anyone got any suggestions. Right now I have plenty of time to read replys, have been confined to my bed for the last six weeks with my back.Any suggestions apprecoated.

thanks jerry

I went through major back pain this past year I worked all summer in pain and couldn't take it anymore when I had sciatica. The pain was unberable and went in to have an mri and found out I have L4,L5 degenerated discs and my S1 exploded and I had to have emergency back surgery. Its been 5 weeks since surgery and Im feeling better and stronger now then I was when I was 18. If you have the insurance I would check into get surgery because waiting will make your back worse. The surgery changed my life

tnpete
02-16-2007, 08:22 PM
How much will that seat help out the rough ride?
Pete

mowerconsultant
02-21-2007, 05:20 PM
How much will that seat help out the rough ride?
Pete

It will help greatly.
It takes the back slap feeling out of the ride and cushions the ride also.
It is one of those things where you need to experience it in person to really see how well it works.

Pj