PDA

View Full Version : Why can't I fix this ?????

XB 2002
02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I have a 6.5 H.P Briggs on a Generac Pressure washer. It developed a leak on the OHV cover. I have replaced the gasket two times, Tried using gasket sealant and not using gasket sealant. Cleaned mating surfaces very well. No matter what I do after I shut the unit down I get a small pool of oil coming from the bottom of the Valve cover. Any advice would be appreciated. This should be simple, but it is kickin' my Arse !!!

*trucewhiteflag*

FIXDISS
02-06-2007, 05:32 PM
I have a 6.5 H.P Briggs on a Generac Pressure washer. It developed a leak on the OHV cover. I have replaced the gasket two times, Tried using gasket sealant and not using gasket sealant. Cleaned mating surfaces very well. No matter what I do after I shut the unit down I get a small pool of oil coming from the bottom of the Valve cover. Any advice would be appreciated. This should be simple, but it is kickin' my Arse !!!

*trucewhiteflag*
Sometimes the simplest things can do that. First of all make sure cover is not warped by layin it on flat surface and inspecting that. Next make sure both mating surfaces are thoroughly clear of old gasket material and sealer.Then if both surfaces are clean apply a film of sealant to the cover and fix gasket into cover first. be sure to check that the area around bolts is not damaged by over tightenning causing a bugle shape at hole. If all looks good then set the bols int cover and fit cover in place . Finger tighten each bolt then do not over tighten. Just a good snug fit using a nut driver is plenty tight. Hope this helps.

Restrorob
02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
FIXDISS has hit the nail on the head, But what is the model and type numbers off this engine ?

FIXDISS
02-06-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks Rob .

FIXDISS
02-07-2007, 06:23 PM
Did you git er done ? Is it still leaking ?