PDA

View Full Version : Here's my pole barn

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
02-06-2007, 07:32 PM
I got this built in the summer of this year. Pioneer Pole Buildings built it for me. I love it!! It is 24' x 32' x 10' .

TPLawnPro
02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
That is a very nice building. Great choice!

Scag413
02-06-2007, 07:49 PM
Very nice building. It is heated? Either way very nice man!

mrusk
02-06-2007, 07:54 PM
How much did it cost? Just wondering.

mattfromNY
02-06-2007, 08:02 PM
Not big enough! It'll never be big enough! Mine is 28x36x10 and its filled to the top w/ junk. (well, not really junk)... Nice building, I like the color. You'll really like having the tall ceilings.

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
02-06-2007, 08:05 PM
Thanks guys I like it alot. It doesn't have heat yet. I have a portable propane heater which works good for now. This springs project is to run electric to it, about a 350 foot run, and then heat it.
It cost $9000 with a couple of add ons. The kicker was the guy who built our house came over and said he could of done cheaper!!!
I hear ya on not big enough. I can see that happening real quick.LOL!! Set backs limited the size. I picked that color to try and blend in with the background as musch as possible.

J&R Landscaping
02-06-2007, 09:53 PM
Looks great from the ouside!! Can we see what the inside looks with all the equipment in there???

bigcountry01
02-06-2007, 10:15 PM
Looks great from the ouside!! Can we see what the inside looks with all the equipment in there???

yeah id love to see the inside.

Uranus
02-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Nice place. Does it have concrete floors? Thats what I need too. In a few years I'll get one. Did it come with "pole" dancers? :dancing: :laugh:

rfed32
02-06-2007, 10:39 PM
nice any inside shots??

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
02-07-2007, 08:16 AM
I'll get some inside shots later today..

zedosix
02-07-2007, 09:35 AM
If I can be so bold to make a comment. I like it but I think it would of looked better with some roof overhang.

GreenN'Clean
02-07-2007, 10:19 AM
I'm thinking about tearing down my garage and building a pole barn this year. I think I was quoted $5,500 for the kit and $1,200 for doors and a window. Me and my brother in law could put one up in a weekend. How much did you pay to have the foundation poured???

FearThisDeere
02-07-2007, 08:03 PM
That is so nice. I would kill for one like that only 10'x20'x12'. I would love one bigger, but I can't afford the small one!

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
02-07-2007, 08:54 PM
I was going to get the overhang option but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. The way this garage is built does not require a foundation. I only got 2 pics from this angle before my camera died, I'll get more when its charged.

ACA L&L
02-09-2007, 01:14 AM
Kudos on the new shop!! it looks like bricks were laid in the path of the door there? Will it be possible to put a foundation in at a later date? would the price be the same after the building is up to lay the foundation? Were looking to put one up this summer not sure if i could put the Steel frame up or not never done it before. We might just have to have someone build it for us. 30x24x12 witha 12or10 foot door and one entryway is about 6000.00 here in new mexico. Mueller i believe is the name, is located here in town free del.:usflag:

FearThisDeere
02-09-2007, 04:41 PM
You guys are getting some good prices. I got quoted $4900 shipped, but not installed on a glorified one car garage. It was 10x20x15 with a 12' door.

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
02-09-2007, 06:37 PM
I searched around and that was the best price I found. If you goto Pioneer Pole Buildings website they have a page with prices. Some of the prices you guys got quoted are pretty good.
As far as putting it up, there were 4 guys who did it in 1 day. I guess the most important part is getting it square and level and they flew after that.
Yeah those are bricks. Actually 5 different kinds of pavers left over from jobs. Just needed a temporary level spot. All of our electric is underground so I will be coming in with power undergound and will pour a floor after that. I was quoted about $2400 for 4" thick concrete

HiTECH
02-09-2007, 07:10 PM
what kind of micro sprint is that, i used to have a factor 1, then sold it and bought a sprint car back in 2001

Ideal Lwns & Landscp
02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
It's a Chase micro. I actually just sold it and am trying to decide what I want to buy to race this year. What sprint class you run.

climber
02-09-2007, 09:22 PM
I was going to get the overhang option but it was a little more than I wanted to spend. The way this garage is built does not require a foundation. I only got 2 pics from this angle before my camera died, I'll get more when its charged.

Hey if your racing those carts Im sure you probably heard of the God Father aka Mark Bergfelt. He will hook you up with a good bumper for your cart I think there only 50$... He teaches a class of mine at school and very nice and knowledgable man.. Heres his website.. www.bergfeltracing.com

Dan Horhut

mattfromNY
02-09-2007, 10:26 PM
I built my garage from scratch, I bought pressure treated poles at the lumber yard, then got rough cut lumber from a local who has a mill. Put in two 10 x 8 overhead doors and two walk-through doors. Rough cut board and batten siding. Had a friend (cert. truss builder), build my trusses, 2 ft. on center, then plywood and shingle roof. Got some beer and barBQ, invited about 10 guys over, put the whole thing up in one weekend. No concrete floor yet, but all said and done cost just under $7000 total. I'm glad I waited on the concrete, because since I built it I installed an outdoor wood furnace, and now I can run the radient in-floor heat when I pour the floor. Probably not an option for some of you guys with tough zoning laws, I had to get the building permits and have drawings, etc. , but it definately saved me money from the package deals I looked at.

Rons Rightway Lawncare
02-09-2007, 10:33 PM
Check in with the people in your areas that make and install carports. The little 18 by 21 footers you see all over the place - at least in the southeast that is - that sell them for 600-1000$ installed.

These places can make them as big or small as you want and can make them fully enclosed like a building with roll up doors and so on.

Around here they run a special on a fully enclosed building on a concrete floor, fully installed on your lot for like 6 grand.

Lawn Enforcer
02-10-2007, 12:06 AM
Sweet building! I love the micro sprint. Man, I love sprints!

HiTECH
02-10-2007, 04:38 AM
i ran 410 non wings in indiana the first year just racing all local events then the following year i tried to run the USAC schedule and backed out after half the season was over. Are you keeping up with the winternationals down in florida. I just seen that kid Cody Darrah from up your way set fast time tonite with the WoO.

FearThisDeere
02-11-2007, 08:01 PM
It's a Chase micro. I actually just sold it and am trying to decide what I want to buy to race this year. What sprint class you run.

Wanna buy a mini stock VW?:laugh: