PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum Trailer!!!

4 Seasons
02-06-2007, 07:03 PM
Hey fellas, I'm thinking about buying a 6.5 x 12' open alumium landscape trailer. It's quite a bit more $$ than a steel one of the same size but just on looks alone it's far & away nicer than the steel. Not to mention 1/3 of the weight. Does anyone have aluminum trailers and how do you like it? Any problems mounting racks to them? Any feedback would be good!! Thanks

BSDeality
02-06-2007, 07:19 PM
we have 2 aluminum snowmobile trailers. The big weight reduction is nice plus they don't rust. They will dull, but not rust. IMO 12' is a little short unless you don't plan on expanding (but we know that never happens). Where are you planning on buying your trailer? I'm half-heartedly looking at a 14 or 16' trailer for this season and aluminum would be nice.

4 Seasons
02-06-2007, 09:28 PM
There is a dealer in my area, but he adds like $450.00 to the price because he special orders them and picks them up in PA. He told me that if I'd like to go pick it up myself he can wave that fee. PA is about a 10 hour drive up & back from my house. I gotta do some more lookin around, I'm sure I can find someone else a little closer.

davidcalhoun
02-07-2007, 08:17 AM
I use an aluminum open trailer. Don't let any yahoos use it. It cost too much to get trashed.

Palmer'sLS
02-07-2007, 09:11 AM
4 seasons, are you looking into an enclosed aluminum trailer? my trailer guy here carries a full line of the alumacraft *i think* and man they are sweet, but he doesnt stock any of the aluminum enclosed. but he gave me a brochure on them and MAN they are nice. Just wondering what route you were heading good luck

4 Seasons
02-07-2007, 11:03 AM
I'm looking for an open trailer. I had a 6.5x12 enclosed Thule V-nose. That thing was nice but not cut out for commercial use.