PDA

View Full Version : Hustler Stander?

4curbappeal
02-06-2007, 11:43 PM
Pj,

Do you know of a Hustler Stander in the works? It seems like with the Trim Star line available(36 & 48), but no bigger hydro WB's being produced this may be an alternative! I still see a few Short Cuts around every now an then!

Tim

mowerconsultant
02-08-2007, 07:05 PM
With another company holding patents on this type of product it makes it hard to design / engineer and manufacture one.
We do not have any plans to do so.
Sorry.

Pj

Envy Lawn Service
02-08-2007, 10:45 PM
With another company holding patents on this type of product it makes it hard to design / engineer and manufacture one.
We do not have any plans to do so.
Sorry.

Pj

Do you happen to know how many more years this will be an issue?

I was just ranting about this fact the other day.
The ones who hold the patents are just holding up the development.
They are squandering what they have and going nowhere with it.
Their progression is a JOKE.

It will be a fine day when progressive companies will be able to freely develop this market.

mowerconsultant
02-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Sorry, I do not know the details of the patents or how long they are for.

Pj

DavidS1964
02-09-2007, 08:51 PM
it shouldn't be a prbolem to for huslter to build a stander. Gravely has gotten around that issue by changing just a few things. I just recently visisted my dealer and he explained how graavely did it.

mowerconsultant
02-09-2007, 09:49 PM
it shouldn't be a prbolem to for huslter to build a stander. Gravely has gotten around that issue by changing just a few things. I just recently visisted my dealer and he explained how graavely did it.

The Gravely unit is made by Auburn Consolidated Industries, which is the parent company of Everide and Great Dane.
So you have another color / name on the same stand on mower.

Mowingman
02-09-2007, 10:12 PM
Yes, that is correct. Same machine, different color of paint.

The Gravely unit is made by Auburn Consolidated Industries, which is the parent company of Everide and Great Dane.
So you have another color / name on the same stand on mower.

MowerMedic77
02-16-2007, 04:34 PM

I heard around 8 more years

zman2307
05-05-2010, 12:30 PM
I heard around 8 more years

2013 is what the patent reads, which is the concept of the operator standing between the mower drive wheels.

blackandgold
05-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Bring back the Shortcut! It was ahead of it's time and customers who have them swear by them.