PDA

View Full Version : Harley Pics

4 Seasons
02-07-2007, 01:26 AM
I know I'm not the only one in this forum that rides a Harley. Thought it would be cool to see what others are riding. NO RICE BURNERS PLEASE!!!!
Heres a few shots of my 2006 Streetbob

ElephantNest
02-07-2007, 09:31 AM
Edit Edit Edit

I'll just bite my tongue.

Lawn Enforcer
02-10-2007, 12:23 AM
Nice lookin' bike!

4 Seasons
02-10-2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks!!:drinkup:

B&M
02-10-2007, 01:04 AM
[QUOTE NO RICE BURNERS PLEASE!!!![/QUOTE]

I love my "rice burners", matter of fact I won't own a HD!!!

rider
02-10-2007, 01:19 AM
nothing says you can't have both

4 Seasons
02-10-2007, 01:24 AM
To each their own. Theres no reason to get affended. I started the thread to see other real bikers Harley's, not metrics!!!

4 Seasons
02-10-2007, 01:28 AM
Nice bike Rider. 05 Softtail Duece?

4 Seasons
02-10-2007, 01:29 AM
I like all the extras you got on it.

NEUSWEDE
02-10-2007, 11:32 AM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was expecting pictures of a Harley Rake!!!!!

dchauling
02-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Do you strap your rake to your back like Robin Hood does his bow? Where is your side car for mulch?

mexiking
02-10-2007, 12:55 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I was expecting pictures of a Harley Rake!!!!!

lollllllllllllll

Mowtown Mike
02-10-2007, 01:47 PM
As soon as I opened opended up your thread, I immediately saw the mountains and said "That's the Catskills!" Then I read that you are from Albany. I live in Coxsackie. Where do you reside/work? Mike

Knight
02-10-2007, 11:56 PM
My wife calls this my MISTRIS!!!!

mikes landscaping
02-10-2007, 11:59 PM
nothing says you can't have both

Sweet harley, that is really sharp looking.

Knight
02-11-2007, 03:39 AM
Thanks, I am kinda proud of it!!! It only took me 45 years to get!!!!

4 Seasons
02-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Mowtown,
That picture was actually taken in the Green mountains in New Hampshire during bike week 06'. I live in Albany but have alot of family in Ravena.

B&M
02-13-2007, 01:07 AM
my honda vt500 chopper

dave k
02-13-2007, 04:38 PM
I ride a 06 Black and White HD Deluxe, I'll try and post a picture soon, BTW, How do you post a picture?
Dave

Knight
02-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Go back the the main Pictures Forum and on top you will see
HOW TO UPLOAD/POST A PICTURE
read through that, it should walk you through the process.

dave k
02-14-2007, 05:13 PM
This was my B.D. present from my wife, it was a long time a coming! But worth the wait!!

Tadams
02-14-2007, 05:46 PM
Nice looking Deluxe, DaveK. What part of Ga are you in?

dave k
02-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Statham, off Hwy 53 going towards Watkinsville, just over into the Oconee county line. Thanks.

Construct'O
02-14-2007, 08:51 PM
I posted my over on the heavy equipment section earlier !

Did someone say Harley!!!!!
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=173287 your have to check this one for more pictures.

clay duncan
02-23-2007, 11:16 PM
To each their own. Theres no reason to get affended. I started the thread to see other real bikers Harley's, not metrics!!!

how about trailering that thing down to the carolinas march 3, 4:00am. we will be leaving for houston, texas. this trip will will be around 1100 miles and we will do it in 18 hrs. if you can even keep us in sight and make at least 500 miles i will personally pay for your entire trip.........real biker!.........:hammerhead:

4 Seasons
02-24-2007, 12:30 AM
Man, you metric girls are touchy!! As far as your Housten trip, #1 I would never trailer my bike, #2 do you actually think that it's enjoyable going balls out for 18 hrs, #3 I average about 2100 miles a month and have been on multiple long trips including one cross country. If you think your a biker and you like to ride you should hop on that crotch rocket and come to Laconia(Thats a biker rally) this year and try talking the same sh1t. And since you like to ride hard you should take a trip up thru the Smokey Mountains and try your luck on the Dragon. Being a biker you should know what that is. Hey man I don't have anything problems w/ somebody riding a rice burner, my best riding buddy has a metric cruiser, but if you ask somebody that has a metric why they didn't get a Harley it's always the same answer: Their to expensive. That is most ignorant statement because a Harley is the only bike that will hold it's resale value. I could easily sell my bike for 3-$5000 more than what I got in to it, you can't say that for a metric. And I'll admit that crotch rockets are fun but you can't hoestly say that your comfortable taking long trips on it. Oh yeah and they sound like a weed wacker!! You gotta admit that you can't beat the sound of a Harley w/ some nice pipes.

4 Seasons
02-24-2007, 12:35 AM
Laconia 06'

B&M
02-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Man my best riding buddy has a metric cruiser, but if you ask somebody that has a metric why they didn't get a Harley it's always the same answer: Their to expensive. That is most ignorant statement because a Harley is the only bike that will hold it's resale value. I could easily sell my bike for 3-$5000 more than what I got in to it, you can't say that for a metric.

I personally will not own a hd that is newer than a shovel for one reason. I have watched my fathers 2001 ultra fall apart at the seems One of the best examples is the bike completely shutting off while going down the road due to incorrect breakers in the fuse box (this was a factory error):hammerhead: .

DoetschOutdoor
02-24-2007, 04:15 PM
I really find it hard to believe that you think you could sell your bike for more than you paid for it and the extras you go on it. Maybe you could get good resale but nothing holds its value well enough to be ridden and then sold for the amount you have into it.

4 Seasons
02-24-2007, 08:14 PM
BELIEVE IT!!!! I purchased a 1987 Harley Low Rider 2 years ago for $4000.00. I put $1700.00 in it and sold it for $7500.00 w/ no problem at all. It's just like flippin' a house. If you know where to sink your money in the bike where you get the biggest return on it you can make a killing.

shepoutside
02-24-2007, 10:48 PM
Ride 2 years ago, now ride a BMW so won't post that here :nono:

Construct'O
02-24-2007, 11:07 PM
Here's one for you Easy Rider guys >>>>>>>>>http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=173287

Frosty_03
02-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Here is a picture of my Pride and Joy just got it ready for Daytona next week:cool2:

Frosty_03
02-24-2007, 11:25 PM
:weightlifter:

clay duncan
02-25-2007, 12:41 AM
Man, you metric girls are touchy!! As far as your Housten trip, #1 I would never trailer my bike, #2 do you actually think that it's enjoyable going balls out for 18 hrs, #3 I average about 2100 miles a month and have been on multiple long trips including one cross country. If you think your a biker and you like to ride you should hop on that crotch rocket and come to Laconia(Thats a biker rally) this year and try talking the same sh1t. And since you like to ride hard you should take a trip up thru the Smokey Mountains and try your luck on the Dragon. Being a biker you should know what that is. Hey man I don't have anything problems w/ somebody riding a rice burner, my best riding buddy has a metric cruiser, but if you ask somebody that has a metric why they didn't get a Harley it's always the same answer: Their to expensive. That is most ignorant statement because a Harley is the only bike that will hold it's resale value. I could easily sell my bike for 3-$5000 more than what I got in to it, you can't say that for a metric. And I'll admit that crotch rockets are fun but you can't hoestly say that your comfortable taking long trips on it. Oh yeah and they sound like a weed wacker!! You gotta admit that you can't beat the sound of a Harley w/ some nice pipes.

actually it is a sport touring bike. i have been to laconia, myrtle beach and daytona bike week. i live in the smokey mountains and have been going to deals gap long before you ever heard of it. i dont go there much anymore because it is too frustrating trying to get around the parade of pirates with thier rolling thunder. besides there are far to many roads around here that make deals gap seem straight. i have ridden all makes of motorcycles and find any cruiser boring. i had $25,000 dollars in my goldwing so i think it would be fair to say i can afford about any bike i want. actually i did sell a bike i bought new one time for what i paid for it after putting 20,000 miles on it (honda). i like the sound of a harley with stock pipes and i also like the sound of my v-four. the reason for the long ride is i am joining the iron butt association (ironbutt.com) check it out. i am not touchy, i just didnt like the way you dissed us metric guys as not being a biker. the latest ignorant harley guy statement i have heard lately is i can sell it for $3-$5000 more than i paid for it. WHAT IN THE H@#$ ARE YOU MOWING GRASS FOR THEN.:rolleyes:

4 Seasons
02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
Hey, My bad I thought you were trying to say that you were putting all those miles on a crotch rocket. And like I said before I'm not dissing metric guys or the bikes, I'm just saying there isn't any tradition behind them like their is a Harley or Indian. Also, you being a biker you know how easy it is to sell a Harley, especially one that you put a little TLC in. People want a custom bike and if that is already done for them it makes very a profitable sale. And I mow lawns because I don't wanna be a bike salesman. You must love riding in the Smokey's. I've only been thru Deals Gap once but I definitly won't forget it. How bout that tree w/ all the bike parts hangin from it!!! Oh yeah, the point I was trying to make about going to bike week on a metric was just that from what I noticed (especially @ Laconia) it seems like you guys don't get the same respect. There is one campsite there that is just for metrics and on the other side of the road there is a campsite that only allows Harleys. You know this whole argument started just because my initial thread said Harley pics ( no metrics) and some of you guys got offended. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I just wanted to see other guys Harleys. I'm a Harley guy so thats what I wanted to see. I am however thinking about a custom. Heres a pic of what I had in mind. I'm not big on those stretched out choppers. I'm more of a 50's & 60's bobber kinda guy. Probally not your style but none the less a sweet bike!!!

tthomass
02-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Metric = performance
Cruiser = chill'n

clay duncan
02-25-2007, 01:55 PM
Hey, My bad I thought you were trying to say that you were putting all those miles on a crotch rocket. And like I said before I'm not dissing metric guys or the bikes, I'm just saying there isn't any tradition behind them like their is a Harley or Indian. Also, you being a biker you know how easy it is to sell a Harley, especially one that you put a little TLC in. People want a custom bike and if that is already done for them it makes very a profitable sale. And I mow lawns because I don't wanna be a bike salesman. You must love riding in the Smokey's. I've only been thru Deals Gap once but I definitly won't forget it. How bout that tree w/ all the bike parts hangin from it!!! Oh yeah, the point I was trying to make about going to bike week on a metric was just that from what I noticed (especially @ Laconia) it seems like you guys don't get the same respect. There is one campsite there that is just for metrics and on the other side of the road there is a campsite that only allows Harleys. You know this whole argument started just because my initial thread said Harley pics ( no metrics) and some of you guys got offended. I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I just wanted to see other guys Harleys. I'm a Harley guy so thats what I wanted to see. I am however thinking about a custom. Heres a pic of what I had in mind. I'm not big on those stretched out choppers. I'm more of a 50's & 60's bobber kinda guy. Probally not your style but none the less a sweet bike!!!

*trucewhiteflag* thanks for clearing that up 4 seasons. youre alright in my book. when you come back my way holla at me and i will put you on some roads and scenery that words cannot describe......ride safe, clay

4 Seasons
02-25-2007, 02:55 PM
You got it!!!

Construct'O
02-25-2007, 05:22 PM
http://onfinite.com/libraries/1118288/337.jpg

Construct'O
02-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Old school chopper,as far as i'm cocerned ! Just so you wondering about the date .I didn't have a scanner ,so used my digital camera and took picture of old picture i had.I had the camera to show date,but the picture is actual back in the early 70th's.

Custom today is alright ,but nothing like the old school stuff where you had to make most of it happen ,not just bolt it togather.Plus i'm a fan of the old springer,which today all you see are the tube stuff.Need more Indian Larrys around,but he is gone.

The bike is a 1958 Sportster.Thanks for taking your time to look.Good luck.Glad everything is cooooooooooool now!!!!!!!
http://onfinite.com/libraries/456978/bba.jpg

4 Seasons
02-25-2007, 07:00 PM
I agree w/ you 100%. The old school springers w/ the peanut tanks are sweet. Indian Larry in my opinion was the absolute best bike builder that I can think of. I am taking a ride down to his shop this summer in NYC. I got to spend some time w/ Paul Cox last year @ Laconia and he seems like a pretty good dude. I'd like to put one of his seats on my bike. Did you do all the work on that Sportster? The new Softail Custom is trying to replicate the high back seat that you have on yours but it's just not the same as the older stuff. Does that bad boy still kick over?:drinkup:

4 Seasons
02-25-2007, 07:11 PM
I think this is my favorite Indian Larry bike!!!

HydroCutter
02-25-2007, 07:55 PM
http://davehollywoodlandscaping.com/pic1a.jpg

Sold that one and bought

http://davehollywoodlandscaping.com/harley.jpg

Construct'O
02-25-2007, 07:59 PM
A good friend of mine did the painting which you can't see up close,used the old style candy pearl paints with the heavy metal flakes and lace design inbedding in the paint job.Things you just don't see now days.

I did all the work on the frame,rake, and constructed the hardtail(on my own) and welded it togather,using the mounts off the old swingarm only for the 16" updated rear tire.Also new fender,oil tank,and the sissy bar.Make the frame for the queen seat and my sister did the sewing of the seat(real leather back then) which was was a 3d diamond design(tuck and roll look shaped like diamonds tho) with the buttons down through it.

The fuel tank was off an old 125 Harley which i'm sure not to many here would know what they was.It would only hold about a long gallon and half of gas ,so it was a pain in the a$$ to have to stop often.Couldn't only go about 90 miles on a tank.

The springer was a 26" over stock custom springer built out in Illinois.I had about 3/4 rake in the neck.I also had rebuilt the whole motor and trans myself.Had pb cams which was radicule sounding didn't smooth out until about 1800 rpm which is quite a bit back then for the old ironheads.Also 12 1/2 compression pistons.That was back when we had high octain gas.

When i got married and started my family i had to sell my bike,it is supposely not to far from me ,but i haven't check it out for sure.

Sorry for the long post,as you can tell it was my proud and joy back then.

I liked the springer on the bike that Indain Larry built where he twisted the legs on the top yoke of the springer .I thought that was cool looking and different.I forget ,but think it was the one he took to Strugis and won the showdown with it on discovery channel.I might be wrong tho! wouldn't be the first time at my age.:dancing: Thanks for letting me rumble on!!!:drinkup:

HydroCutter
02-25-2007, 08:16 PM
http://davehollywoodlandscaping.com/chopper.JPG

sold for

http://davehollywoodlandscaping.com/harley.jpg

B&M
02-26-2007, 12:32 AM
http://www.lawnsite.com/images/smilies/whiteflag.gif
*trucewhiteflag* That blue chopper is my style bike but it's not a hd the motor looks like a revtech 110

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-26-2007, 09:02 PM
Well I'm not big on Harley's but we do like bikes. Here's a pic of a honda chopper my dad and I built last winter. We built it the only thing we hired out was the frame everything else we did including the paint job. This is about the 8th honda we've done in the past couple of years. We like them there different and when we ride we never see another (can't say that about hd). Harley's are overrated and way over priced. Yes they do hold there value but thats only because of the name. Before I'd spend $15-20,000 on a hd I could build one hell of a bike. I also am including a pic of dad's 2000 Titan.
Future plans are to build a prostreet style honda w/ a 300mm tire.

P.S. Please don't look at the dirty shop.

4 Seasons
02-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Thats a nice lookin bike. I have to agree that i could build a real nice custom, probally nicer than my bike for less than what i got in it. Sometime in the near future that will happen, but i gotta stay w/ as much american parts as possible.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
02-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I love the sound of a big V-twin and the way the bike vibes. Have you ever looked on the back of hd aftermarket parts (chrome pieces) most say made in taiwan. That was one reason we got away from them. Plus the dealers are more into selling clothes and all that apparal crap. Wearing a HD shirt, chaps, and boots don't make someone a biker.

4 Seasons
02-26-2007, 11:33 PM
I agree. Even though I like my local HD dealer, they are more focused on selling all the HD paraphanalia than they are the bikes. After going to alot of bike shows and rallys and seing what others have built for a third of what I got into my bike it kinda makes you think. You can have one hell of a custom for 27/28 grand which is about what I got in mine now. It's hard to beat the new HD motors though. Lots of balls and very reliable in my opinion.

dave k
03-05-2007, 08:05 PM
Good Posts everyone, I will try and post my old 76 Sporty, I have my Deluxe posted earlier, BTW I found a good place for leather jackets, chaps etc. www.foxcreekleather.com
Check them out, good folk, very heavy jackets and chaps.
I do like Indian Larry and also I like Exile M/C's my kinda bike.
Dave

4 Seasons
03-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Yeah!! Exile makes a sweet bike. Very clean. Pic of Russell Mitchel & Me @ Laconia. He was there for the biker build off w/ Billy Lane.