PDA

View Full Version : Rain sensor question

Armadillolawncare
02-07-2007, 07:51 PM
Can someone please tell me how you would check to make sure that an installed rain sensor is actually working. Can you turn the irrigition system on and then pour some water onto the sensor to see if the system shuts off?

Flow Control
02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
Yes, I do that to see if a rain sensor is working, seeing if it is accurate is a different story.

laylow1994
02-07-2007, 09:35 PM
i turn the system on and then press down on the top of the sensor and the system should shut off...

ed2hess
02-07-2007, 11:04 PM
I usually clean it up first and then hook a voltmeter on it and depress the plunger to verify it is working. If it is then I pour a little water on it to ensure it operates with water. It is hard to see the red light some controllers have on them from the top of the roof.

Armadillolawncare
02-07-2007, 11:44 PM
If I pour water in it does it shut off immediately or is it a delayed reaction?

Repairs
02-08-2007, 01:31 AM
If I pour water in it does it shut off immediately or is it a delayed reaction?

The hunter min-clicks just have a simple switch. Absorbent discs expand, then trip the switch. They should all trip fairly quick when sprayed with a hose.

LCPullman
02-08-2007, 03:06 PM
You need to watch out for some controllers. If you turn a zone on manually, it over rides the rain sensor. So, if you put water on the sensor or push the test button at this point, it won't turn the sprinklers off.