PDA

View Full Version : Your expert opinion

HoseJockey
02-08-2007, 02:16 PM
I was wondering how much weight I could pull.
I have a 04 f350 flatbed 6.0 psd with two 200 gallon spray tanks. I can put a pallet of fert on the back behind the tanks. I think the weight is around 3,456 lbs. for everything.
What I want to do is pull a trailer with another pallet of fert (1 ton), carry a z-max ride on sprayer (720 lbs), and a permagreen ride on sprayer (300 lbs?).

Is this to much weight?

Thanks for any input

grassmanak
02-08-2007, 02:31 PM
well yes and no, might want to put is both pallets of fert on the trailer, otherwise with the tounge weight of your trailer you are over your payload probably

Total.Lawn.Care
02-08-2007, 02:38 PM
400 gallons of water will weigh in at 3200 lbs by itself. Add the fert to the water, you increase by at least 200 lbs, and you have not even considered the weight of the spray tanks empty. I think you are better off putting both pallets of fert on the trailer. It will ride better and take some load off of the truck. You are well within the GCWR of the truck with the correct trailer, you just have to distribute some of that weigh to the tow capacity and take it off the payload.

HoseJockey
02-08-2007, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the response.

I was thinking of setting it up with the permagreen in front of trailer, fert over the axles, and the z in the rear.

But no matter how I arrange it, it all boils down to tongue weight?