PDA

View Full Version : Dodge dovetail completed

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 07:09 PM
Well, I still have to install a taillight system and mudflaps...But this is close to the finished product.

nmez21
02-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Looking good. Very nice fab work. It has really turned out well. Congrats.

Loy's Home Services, LLC
02-08-2007, 07:40 PM
frickin' sweet.:usflag:

yardmanlee
02-08-2007, 07:55 PM
how many mowers can ya get on that thing ? or take a pic w/ the mowers on it

thanks

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 08:01 PM
how many mowers can ya get on that thing ? or take a pic w/ the mowers on it

thanks

It hauls one hustler 60" Super z. But It can handle up to 2 walkbehinds or a 72" ztr. I've got some pics while loaded before the addition of the boxes.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 08:14 PM
Looking good. Very nice fab work. It has really turned out well. Congrats.

Thank you!

RedMax Man
02-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Pretty fancy... everything has it's own storage compartment and rack.
Are you gonna put any signs or lettering on it?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 08:32 PM
I have magnetic door signs... But plan on adding a light bar and maybe vinyl graphics- still not sure about that one.

Grits
02-08-2007, 09:14 PM
I have a Dodge like that....I wish I had the guts to dovetail mine. That is nice!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 09:40 PM
I have a Dodge like that....I wish I had the guts to dovetail mine. That is nice!

My guy could make you one for $2500 before shipping. This would include lights, racks and boxes.

ashs inc
02-08-2007, 10:03 PM
hey man awesome truck. think fabworks could make one to go on a long wheel base chevy or ford

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 10:06 PM
hey man awesome truck. think fabworks could make one to go on a long wheel base chevy or ford

Yes, but being that he customly fabricates everything, he'd need to keep your truck for at least a week.

ashs inc
02-08-2007, 10:09 PM
what two walkbehinds do you put on your truck. I run a 48wb scag and a 36wb scag. 2 trimers 1 edger and 2 backpack blowers. So i might not need the long wheelbase. just thought with the extra room it would be better.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 10:12 PM
Extra room from a lwb will be nice. But, payload capacity is also a concern. You would have no trouble fitting your wb's on a short or long wheelbase. When it comes to your handheld equipment...you should consider the same setup as me. It works really well.

ashs inc
02-08-2007, 10:23 PM
Yes that is exactly what i am thinking about with the capicity of the long whee base. That the bed is too heavy for the truck. how tight are the 2 wbs on the truck? I love the set up you have with the boxes and the headache rack. I was thinking about putting a basket on the truck but figured it would be too tall to get anything in from standing on the ground.

Man that is one sweet truck.

NEIL

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 10:29 PM
No basket is needed on a truck like this. With the trimmer and blower racks...plus all of the under-deck boxes, the only thing a basket would do is get in the way.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-08-2007, 10:30 PM
As to the two wb's, head to toe, they'd fit fine.

ashs inc
02-08-2007, 10:33 PM
yes exactly. This truck is from texas I really like the set up with the lower dovetail. But i like the way your truck can still haul a trailer.

ashs inc
02-08-2007, 10:34 PM
dang i thought i attached the pic

LindblomRJ
02-09-2007, 09:26 AM
Well done. I don't think I would change a thing about that design.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-09-2007, 05:05 PM
This ones from a good angle.

ashs inc
02-09-2007, 06:35 PM
That is an awesome looking truck. think you could take a picture of it with the gate down?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-09-2007, 06:58 PM
The gate, I believe, has a capacity of 2000lbs. It handles my 60" hustler super z(1300#) easily. The opening in the middle is awesome for changing blades and cleaning out the deck in the field...It also helps to save some weight. It's easy to lift with one person; but I'm sure I'll put an assist on ot someday.

Smitty58
02-09-2007, 07:25 PM
I like it, although I think it looks a little wierd with that truck. Would love to see what it would look like on a reg cab 8 ft bed work. It would be nice to not always have to pull a trailer.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-09-2007, 07:53 PM
I like it, although I think it looks a little wierd with that truck. Would love to see what it would look like on a reg cab 8 ft bed work. It would be nice to not always have to pull a trailer.

Pictures really don't do this truck justice. I think it looks much better in person. But, I'll give it to you that it is a bit unconventional. I thought about doing the same thing to a work trimmed truck; but I'll tell you why I didn't... First off, the mowing route that I use this setup on takes me almost 250 miles one day- then 150 the next. So, I wanted something that would be a little bit more comfortable than a vinyl seated f250. Plus I like my little electronic gadgets like ipod, sirius, and of course subwoofers. Subs tend to take up too much room in a single cab. Two is Gas. This truck gets 17 mpg fully rigged with a 60" ztr if you drive with an easy pedal. Hauling a trailer on the same route, I get about 12. so the 1500 is going to save me lots of gas money...while still being very capable of shouldering its rigged out load. Three is the 4 door crew cab. During the cutting season I have a contract to trim 7 miles worth of guardrails. While I'm doing this, I almost always use three helpers plus myself, so that kind of eliminates the possibility of the shortcab.

Smitty58
02-09-2007, 08:06 PM
You are right the comfort of that truck is a plus ,just like you said "unconventional". Could you have taken a regular flatbed and then had a dovetail built for it w/gate? You said you had $2500 in it? I would think a stock flatbed would be cheaper ,but then you would have to add the dove so maybe not.

Do you do anything else with the truck ,like haul mulch. Just curious if that bed setup would still be able to haul stuff.

ashs inc
02-09-2007, 08:06 PM
thanks for the pictures its an awesome truck

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-10-2007, 01:47 AM
You are right the comfort of that truck is a plus ,just like you said "unconventional". Could you have taken a regular flatbed and then had a dovetail built for it w/gate? You said you had $2500 in it? I would think a stock flatbed would be cheaper ,but then you would have to add the dove so maybe not.

Do you do anything else with the truck ,like haul mulch. Just curious if that bed setup would still be able to haul stuff.

1700 was the cost of the bed and ramp. 550 was the price of the headache rack, back bumper,3 custom fabbed storage boxes, and a 10lb roll of trimmer line also with a custom mount for that. So, all in all, I have 2250 invested in the bedwork. Manufactured flatbeds for swb trucks are very hard to come by. New, the bed alone would cost about 2000 on the lowside. The gate I had made is comparable to ones that sell for 800 easy on the internet. It would cost another 300 to put a dovetail on it. The boxes and string holders would be at least 450. The headach rack would be another 200. That equals about 3750 worth of stuff. Not to mention the fact that a conventional flatbed is designed to carry way more weight than I would ever haul...and it would be way too heavy for the truck when everything was loaded. My bed was purpose built to be as light as possible. The deck is made from expanded steel...so on, and so on.

I use the truck for mowing and landscaping... But, If I need to haul mulch or other bulk materials, I use my trailer. With the dimensions of the bed being what they are, there is not really enough room to haul mulch in it- nor would I want to. It is good for hauling containerized plants though. I fit 70 3-5 gallon plants plants on it one day last week.

TheLawnBarber
02-10-2007, 02:04 AM
Lets see some pics with equipment on it.

topdog
02-10-2007, 10:00 AM
can you put a 60 ztr and a push mower on it at the same time? does it have tie down places built into the bed? looks good. diffently would work great for a solo guy, or doing a lot of small residentials. just have to come back to pick up sticks and such if the yard gets a lot of debris after a storm or such.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM
can you put a 60 ztr and a push mower on it at the same time? does it have tie down places built into the bed? looks good. diffently would work great for a solo guy, or doing a lot of small residentials. just have to come back to pick up sticks and such if the yard gets a lot of debris after a storm or such.

I don't need to put a pushmower on there. Infact, I haven't even used one in years...But one would fit. What I use the truck for is a chain of fast food restaurants. Debris hauling is not needed as there are dumpsters I can use. It has racks for 3 trimmers and 2 blowers; so , it is a little bit better than just a solo operator's truck. I can easily have enough equipment on there to keep 2 and myself effectively. I will only use this truck to haul a mower about 2 days a week. The rest of the time, I'll use my trailer to haul everything needed.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Lets see some pics with equipment on it.

Ther are some pics with eqipment before I put the under deck boxes and the headache rack on it. Look under dodge dovetail in the pics forum,hustler limo in the hustler forum, or help needed with 1500 flatbed in the truck and trailer forum. I'll get some more loaded pics here next week.

fearthedeere
02-11-2007, 02:02 AM
Woah...I'm sorry it's really nice and all, but you completely ruined your truck IMHO. Man, if I wanted something like that, I'd have gotten a chassis cab to begin with...but if it was me I'd salvage my primo dodge and just get a bigger trailer. I don't know your circumstances though...maybe maneuverability is that big of a concern for you. DEFINATELY interesting...just don't go asking Jeremy Clarkson what he thinks of it.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-11-2007, 03:00 AM
Woah...I'm sorry it's really nice and all, but you completely ruined your truck IMHO. Man, if I wanted something like that, I'd have gotten a chassis cab to begin with...but if it was me I'd salvage my primo dodge and just get a bigger trailer. I don't know your circumstances though...maybe maneuverability is that big of a concern for you. DEFINATELY interesting...just don't go asking Jeremy Clarkson what he thinks of it.

LOL. When you are in business for yourself; you have to make sacrifices. It was a nice truck before I put the bed on it...But seriously, it looks a lot better in person. IT still looks good with the dovetail on it though. When it comes to getting a bigger trailer...I have a tandem 16' trailer as well as a tandem 12'. The 16 is plenty of space to house all of my equipment when I'm doing my parks or ballfields. This truck is designed to haul 1 ztr mower to get specific accounts done. I have a fast food chain that takes me 400 miles per week to do. Hauling a trailer to do those was not only a pita to park in crowded parking lots; but it ate up a lot of gas hauling a trailer. With trailer I get about 12 mpgs- With a ztr on the truck I get 17. And yes, I could of done this to a chevy 2500 work truck...but I'd rather be comfortable...and the truck itself has already scored me a couple of new accounts...Plus I'd rather be riding on 20's!

fearthedeere
02-11-2007, 10:18 PM
what'd you do with your old bed? I remember gramps had an old pickup bed he converted into a single axle trailer to haul miscellaneous stuff around with...although I'd be afraid to throw stuff into a nice pickup bed like yours probably is.

tthomass
02-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Looks nice, just seems like you don't have much room in the back (short).

Lawnworks
02-11-2007, 11:04 PM
It would be awesome if that was a long bed! I still think it is a unique set-up. I like what you have done.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-12-2007, 12:01 AM
Looks nice, just seems like you don't have much room in the back (short).

You say it's too short... But you've got to think about what I'm using it for. It's not meant to haul mulch, pinestraw, flats of pansies, etc; It's designed to haul 1 ztr mower. It'll fit a 72"- But I use it for a 60". Also, The bed now is 2 feet longer than the original. With the absence of wheel wells, I have 100 percent more useable bed space. Any longer would just be over kill. Even if I had a long truck that would hold 2 ztr's, It would take a 2 ton to carry all of that payload.

Lawn Enforcer
02-12-2007, 07:05 PM
I am a little sick of people saying, "what a waste of truck", or "you totally ruined your truck" ? People, he did it for a reason, and it works very well for him. I think he turned a bad situation with the smashed up bed into a good situation with the new flat bed. Just because it wouldn't work for some of you, don't say that it is a waste. It would not work for me, but I think he had his thinking cap on when he decided to do this. Very good looking now that you put on the boxes.

fearthedeere
02-12-2007, 09:16 PM
Lawn Enforcer, we're entitled to our opinions and so are you. I understand you may have only read a line or two on my post, but I also mentioned I didn't know his circumstances. And I'll admit I'm too lazy to read all 4 pages of a thread about something I'm mildly interested in, so I had no Idea he had a damaged bed. If that is the case, that was in fact a very good idea to modify his truck as such. I'm sure it would have costed him a small fortune to replace a regular pickup bed, so props to you Accu-Cut. I wished I had the expertise to build something like that myself.

I was just coming from the mindset of some Joe getting the terrible idea one day to say, "hey, how bout we rip off the perfectly good bed on my new dodge and make it look like a lawn circus on wheels."

DLCS
02-12-2007, 09:29 PM
When your in business for yourself you have to come up with ways to make the job easier and more productive. I buy a truck or piece of equipment for functionality first and looks comes last. he made his truck into what works best for him and his company. If i needed a bed like that I wouldn't hesitate on building one. My opinion is pickup beds are just about worthless, flatbeds and such are the way to go. Looks great lets see some pics with it loaded.:)

Lawnworks
02-12-2007, 09:36 PM
Lawn Enforcer, we're entitled to our opinions and so are you. I understand you may have only read a line or two on my post, but I also mentioned I didn't know his circumstances. And I'll admit I'm too lazy to read all 4 pages of a thread about something I'm mildly interested in, so I had no Idea he had a damaged bed. If that is the case, that was in fact a very good idea to modify his truck as such. I'm sure it would have costed him a small fortune to replace a regular pickup bed, so props to you Accu-Cut. I wished I had the expertise to build something like that myself.

I was just coming from the mindset of some Joe getting the terrible idea one day to say, "hey, how bout we rip off the perfectly good bed on my new dodge and make it look like a lawn circus on wheels."

Who care about looks? The only thing I want to look good is my bottom line.

tthomass
02-12-2007, 09:37 PM
If one ZTR is what you hauling it works out. I'm just used to seeing 2+ mowers or are you pulling a trailer with more?

Lawnworks
02-12-2007, 09:37 PM
When your in business for yourself you have to come up with ways to make the job easier and more productive. I buy a truck or piece of equipment for functionality first and looks comes last. he made his truck into what works best for him and his company. If i needed a bed like that I wouldn't hesitate on building one. My opinion is pickup beds are just about worthless, flatbeds and such are the way to go. Looks great lets see some pics with it loaded.:)

I agree... I will never a pick-up bed again. Big flatbeds are the way to go.

NonStop
02-15-2007, 07:08 PM
First off, nice job on the bed. Very functional and efficient.

However, am I seeing correctly that it is a 1500? 1/2 Ton? I think it was touched on before, but isn't your 60" (1300#s) too much for the springs by itself or am I missing something?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-15-2007, 08:14 PM
If one ZTR is what you hauling it works out. I'm just used to seeing 2+ mowers or are you pulling a trailer with more?

This truck is only used to carry a ztr on its own 2 days per week. When I'm mowing my bigger properties and parks, I use a 16' trailer loaded with 3 mowers and gear.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-15-2007, 08:41 PM
First off, nice job on the bed. Very functional and efficient.

However, am I seeing correctly that it is a 1500? 1/2 Ton? I think it was touched on before, but isn't your 60" (1300#s) too much for the springs by itself or am I missing something?

It is a 1500; but I have modified the rear suspension to shoulder the load. The payload capacity of my truck was 1900 pounds. The bed was constructed with lightness in mind...ie, expanded steel deck. With a mower loaded; it is still within payload limits. With the addition of springmaster leaf helpers and firestone airbags, it handles quite well...you can hardly tell that a ztr is on the back. And also, the ride is completely adjustable.

fearthedeere
02-16-2007, 02:45 AM
Haha you guys take things to heart a bit too much sometimes. Golly, it's just my opinion. I respect what Accu-cut did to his truck given a certain situation. I'm just saying I would never do that to an undamaged truck given it was fairly new like that and I owned it.

NonStop
02-16-2007, 08:24 AM
It is a 1500; but I have modified the rear suspension to shoulder the load. The payload capacity of my truck was 1900 pounds. The bed was constructed with lightness in mind...ie, expanded steel deck. With a mower loaded; it is still within payload limits. With the addition of springmaster leaf helpers and firestone airbags, it handles quite well...you can hardly tell that a ztr is on the back. And also, the ride is completely adjustable.

Right on. I must have missed that somewhere. Sweet job. Rock it like a one of a kind truck!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-18-2007, 02:10 PM
Here are a few pics of my truck loaded for battle!

donwp
02-18-2007, 02:20 PM
nice fab work. Congrats.

carcrz
02-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Want to sell me your old bed & bumper? With all this snow & ice, I managed to get all banged up on the back half.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-18-2007, 06:47 PM
Want to sell me your old bed & bumper? With all this snow & ice, I managed to get all banged up on the back half.

I gave the bed and bumper to a friend who needed them...I still have the taillights though. I'd give them up for 75...they are like new.

carcrz
02-18-2007, 08:07 PM
Still have my factory lights. I'm multi-colored for the time being. Led's on the driver's side & factory on the pass side. Thought I'd ask about the bed. Thanks for the reply!

Seacoast
02-20-2007, 06:34 PM
That came out sweet! Looks well thought out, space is maximized and it looks professional.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-21-2007, 10:46 PM
No basket is needed on a truck like this. With the trimmer and blower racks...plus all of the under-deck boxes, the only thing a basket would do is get in the way.

Ill tell you. Its GREAT!!! I believe he might have gotten some idea from my thread.

I run 36" walbehind, 48" walkbehind, backpack blower, edger 2 trimmers, trimmer line, 5 gallon mix, 5 gallon gas, push mower, in underbody box. Gallon of mix oil, tool box, jumper cables, spare parts, etc
Mine has a rack over the front caster wheels so we could put the push mower up there.

In tha fall we put 4 blowers in the rack, 1 mower with accellerator bagger and 1 flatblower. It tow a dump trailer with leaf vac,... O and nice looking truck, might be overweight with the Z though.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-22-2007, 01:01 AM
Ill tell you. Its GREAT!!! I believe he might have gotten some idea from my thread.

I run 36" walbehind, 48" walkbehind, backpack blower, edger 2 trimmers, trimmer line, 5 gallon mix, 5 gallon gas, push mower, in underbody box. Gallon of mix oil, tool box, jumper cables, spare parts, etc
Mine has a rack over the front caster wheels so we could put the push mower up there.

In tha fall we put 4 blowers in the rack, 1 mower with accellerator bagger and 1 flatblower. It tow a dump trailer with leaf vac,... O and nice looking truck, might be overweight with the Z though.

Other than being on trucks, I don't see any similarities between our beds. I think yours is pretty snappy though; but sorry, you weren't my muse. Isn't it nice being able to park at chili's loaded up after work. One thing I think you may want to think about on yours is adding underdeck storage and blower racks. That stuff is blocking your rear view pretty badly I think. Racking and boxing that truck would help you out tons, I promise. And no, the z doesn't even come close to putting it over capacity. My bed was designed with lightness in mind. I used tube for the frame and expanded steel for the deck. It's not much heavier than the factory bed. 1500 pounds(mower+extra bed weight) is 300 lbs under my limit. Plus, I added spring master overloads and firestone airbags to stiffen up and be able to adjust the ride. It actually drives like butter loaded. 85,90 no problem...17 mpgs if you have an easy pedal.

yardmanlee
02-22-2007, 06:14 AM
accu-cut it looks like it would be difficult to see out the right side of yours w/ those blowers mounted that way unless they are set in any, still nice job and same to crew cut

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-22-2007, 10:51 AM
accu-cut it looks like it would be difficult to see out the right side of yours w/ those blowers mounted that way unless they are set in any, still nice job and same to crew cut

They do get in the way of vision a little bit...But not bad. After I get some tow mirrors installed it'll be much better.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Well as for blockin the rear veiw, We have side mirrors so thats all you need.

Have you weighed you truck with mower etc. Only reason I said it might be overweight is we ran a 62 inch Z on this same truck several times and it was fine, but the sucker weighed 1300 lbs.

My frame was built heavy duty, but we tried to keep it light. We used 4 inch [ channel. There are no sills to try to keep truck bed low to the ground.

Also is yours 4x4?? That was a big problem as the truck is very high

O and it fits in a regular parking spot... :)

CrewCutEnterprises
02-22-2007, 07:14 PM
hey just noticed the nice boxes under the rear. very nice.

Only things I noticed. Blower racks stick out wider than truck. I thought about that, but they hit the mirrors on stuff so that was a no no.

You dont do mulch or any hauling do you? Thats the problem with expanded metal as I was going to do the same thing. But we sometimes haul debris in the truck and too much falling down on the frame rail etc and then it will rust.

Also you have a dovetail, does that work good?? I dident do the dovetail idea as I needed to use the hitch and tow a 12,000 lb trailer.

Who did your fab work:

stuffdeer
02-22-2007, 07:21 PM

Have you weighed you truck with mower etc. Only reason I said it might be overweight is we ran a 62 inch Z on this same truck several times and it was fine, but the sucker weighed 1300 lbs.

My frame was built heavy duty, but we tried to keep it light. We used 4 inch [ channel. There are no sills to try to keep truck bed low to the ground.

In Michigan you can get a ticket for blocking your rear view mirrors like that.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-23-2007, 12:09 AM

I haven't weighed it...but I know it is not overweight with a 1200 pound z. Not a 4by4.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-23-2007, 12:15 AM
hey just noticed the nice boxes under the rear. very nice.

Only things I noticed. Blower racks stick out wider than truck. I thought about that, but they hit the mirrors on stuff so that was a no no.

You dont do mulch or any hauling do you? Thats the problem with expanded metal as I was going to do the same thing. But we sometimes haul debris in the truck and too much falling down on the frame rail etc and then it will rust.

Also you have a dovetail, does that work good?? I dident do the dovetail idea as I needed to use the hitch and tow a 12,000 lb trailer.

Who did your fab work:

I use at trailer to haul mulch...that's not what this truck is designed to do. My dovetail works great. And, I can still haul a trailer. I had to extend the hitch a little. You might want to reconsider your blower racks. having them on the side doesn't interfere with your view enough to be a problem.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-23-2007, 12:19 AM
In Michigan you can get a ticket for blocking your rear view mirrors like that.

Are you talking about my rear view??? what about box trucks... that have no rear view......

And we dont have blower racks, we have a tray. in the mowing months it has a blower and push mower on it but in the fall we will run as many as 4 backpack blowers on the rack, 10 hp flatblower in truck 36 inch walk and the bagger.

I do like your 2wd model, as it makes it very easy,m but the 6 ft bed is small. I love to see people make it work for them, as others gave me a hard time for doing that to such a nice truck... ha it made it 10 times better.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-23-2007, 08:22 AM
Are you talking about my rear view??? what about box trucks... that have no rear view......

And we dont have blower racks, we have a tray. in the mowing months it has a blower and push mower on it but in the fall we will run as many as 4 backpack blowers on the rack, 10 hp flatblower in truck 36 inch walk and the bagger.

I do like your 2wd model, as it makes it very easy,m but the 6 ft bed is small. I love to see people make it work for them, as others gave me a hard time for doing that to such a nice truck... ha it made it 10 times better.

Hell ya...who wants to drive around in a $hitbox. I'm completely happy that I did this conversion...and I think it looks good, as does yours. I know your system works for you, But I was suggesting blower racks to open up that rear view and make it easier to load and unload. But,hey, to each his own! oh yeah, it was a 6.5 foot bed; but now it is a little over 8.

CrewCutEnterprises
02-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Hell ya...who wants to drive around in a $hitbox. I'm completely happy that I did this conversion...and I think it looks good, as does yours. I know your system works for you, But I was suggesting blower racks to open up that rear view and make it easier to load and unload. But,hey, to each his own! oh yeah, it was a 6.5 foot bed; but now it is a little over 8.

Ours is almost 9.5. My guys love it, that all i can say.

f&mlawnworks
02-23-2007, 04:58 PM
i would be interested in getting one like that...where are you located

Accu-cut Lawn Care
08-28-2007, 07:25 PM
Rich, here it is.

Lawn Enforcer
08-28-2007, 10:24 PM
So are you all finished with the work on the truck? I saw in this thread earlier that you might put some vinyl and a light bar on the truck. Anything else in store for the truck?

NMS0219
08-28-2007, 11:51 PM
I want to build a truck like that, Do you have any photos of the longer bed? Thanks Nick

Accu-cut Lawn Care
08-29-2007, 12:05 AM
I want to build a truck like that, Do you have any photos of the longer bed? Thanks Nick

Longer bed? That's the only one I have.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
08-29-2007, 12:07 AM
So are you all finished with the work on the truck? I saw in this thread earlier that you might put some vinyl and a light bar on the truck. Anything else in store for the truck?

I decided not to go vinyl due to the fact that I'll probably only keep this truck in service for 2 more years. No light bar either. I'm still not done with the taillights though... I've been too busy.

YardBoss Lawncare
11-25-2007, 01:49 PM
I've got a Dodge like yours. Mine is black, an 07', 2500HD, with Cummins, 4x4, Quad Cab, Short bed. Would one of those fit on a short bed? I would like to get your guy's contact info if possible. Thanks. It looks great. Very professional and lets people know youre serious about your business.

TXNSLighting
11-26-2007, 03:28 PM
his is a short bed...

Turfcutters Plus
12-13-2007, 12:11 PM
I'm going to do that to my 93 1500 GMC long bed with extended cab.I like idea of being able to use it on another truck later.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I'm going to do that to my 93 1500 GMC long bed with extended cab.I like idea of being able to use it on another truck later.

You'll be happy with conversion. And since you have a longbed, you won't have to compromise adding length with the dovetail. Make sure to use expanded steel on the bed to save weight. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I've got a Dodge like yours. Mine is black, an 07', 2500HD, with Cummins, 4x4, Quad Cab, Short bed. Would one of those fit on a short bed? I would like to get your guy's contact info if possible. Thanks. It looks great. Very professional and lets people know youre serious about your business.

Brad Lane of Fabworks OEM in Athens, TN made mine. He was very cool about working with me to make the bed to my needs and specifications. 423-462-5815 is his number. He makes AWESOME hand held racks, too.

Supper Grassy
12-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Nice truck

bobcat_ron
12-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Helluva nice truck, gimme that style deck on a long WB F-550 truck and I'd say that's my dream hauler.

CCC52
03-23-2009, 09:28 AM
Very nice! Have to say I'm more than a little jealous, I initiated a similar project in July of '08 and the bum (former friend) took my money and ...well, I should get most of it back in court...

Running solo I haven't had much need for a trailer. My most efficient rig was a longbed Ranger with a 36"er. With the weight ahead of the axle handling was good and gas mileage was better than hauling. Awesome in traffic, easy to park anywhere.

Thanks for all the pics, I do intend to have a similar set-up and the pics will come in very handy!

EagleGrounds
03-23-2009, 11:05 AM
Very nice, except its a dodge :P not a fan of the rims either. But all and all very sweet and good luck this season!

2brothersyardcare
03-23-2009, 05:03 PM
i want 1 man would work perfect in my area

Kennedy Landscaping
03-23-2009, 08:05 PM
Thats a cool design.

Lakewlc
03-23-2009, 08:09 PM
looks good

rusty_keg_3
05-25-2009, 12:02 AM
I want to do this to my 1989 Chevy 1500, its a regular cab with short bed. But its not a work truck, it has a 350 and a glasspack it was a drag truck. i aint sure if i wanna beat it up yet.

STIHL GUY
05-25-2009, 12:05 AM
looks pretty sweet

WeCare-LawnCare
05-25-2009, 10:57 PM
Looks Wicked, these are what our trucks wanna be, when they grow up !!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-17-2009, 02:00 PM
Very nice, except its a dodge :P not a fan of the rims either. But all and all very sweet and good luck this season!

It is a Dodge?! Well, guess what??? 140,000 miles without having to do anything but oil changes every 7000 miles... 1 tranny fluid change... sparkplugs... the belt is actually still original. NO problems. I get 17 mpg loaded. The wheels - That's your opinion. The tires went nearly 90000 miles before changing them!

flatlander42
06-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I'll admit it, I'm on the fence with those rims too....but hell that truck is SWEEEEET!
Those rims are nice, just out of place on a work truck. 140k, did you buy it new? once again, Love the truck!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
06-18-2009, 12:27 PM
I bought it brand new in October of 2004. 3 more payments and she is paid off! I've owned new trucks in the past; but, this is the first one I've paid off before trading it in! I plan on keeping it forever. I'm now a Dodge fan. You can't beat the value and the dependability. The 4.7 is a great engine too.

bobcatguy96
06-18-2009, 12:38 PM
thats awesome:usflag:

Danielslawnservice
10-08-2009, 04:24 PM
how much would one for a 99 2500 cummins, long bed cost? before shipping?

Accu-cut Lawn Care
10-08-2009, 04:35 PM
Complete- rigged for your duty... With Custom racks for everything, dovetail, gate, lights... Ballpark of 3g. Maybe less if you don't want it to be very ornate. Shipping would be impossible. I would need your truck to build it on. It would be 100 percent custom and nice.

Accu-cut Lawn Care
10-08-2009, 04:38 PM
I see you are from Illinois. If you decided to pull the trigger VERY soon. I could build the bed and deliver the truck back to you. I could simply strap my motorcycle to the back of your rig and bike home. I say soon because I will not ride through snow on 2 wheels!

Danielslawnservice
10-09-2009, 04:42 PM
ok thanks, just wanted to know... but why not ride through 2 inches of snow? it's FUN! lol

flatlander42
11-05-2010, 08:00 PM
Did you ever build another truck?

bobcat48
11-05-2010, 08:11 PM
Kool.looks good.

briancom
11-07-2010, 12:12 AM
i would replace expanded metal behind rear wheels with solid plate, cause its gonna get real dirty in there...over time

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-07-2010, 11:23 PM
It is solid above the wheels. I built another bed on an f350 with plate under expanded... It came out much better. The expanded is great for saving weight though.

flatlander42
11-08-2010, 12:12 AM
Do you have any pics of that truck? I'd be interested in how you made that bed!

Accu-cut Lawn Care
11-08-2010, 01:11 AM
I'll dig a couple up. Very similar to the bed on my dodge... Just a bit nicer because of my previous experience of what worked well and what didnt... Not to mention the fact that the 350's longer wheelbase gave me much more to work with.

GreenGiant94
11-08-2010, 04:33 PM
Cool! Yeah man pics would be awesome

dustinnice
12-31-2010, 01:23 AM

Like the allusion to Top Gear..best tv show on earth I believe.

Nice truck..automatic I'm guessing? I saw a F350 dually with a custom dove tail on here a while back..that thing was a looker for sure.

Best of luck in 2011.