PDA

View Full Version : Spring Inventory

RRH
02-09-2007, 03:15 PM
Last year got hit with part price increases pretty hard.My supplier has early bird prices this year if buying in quanities.Saying that we are going to get another price jump in March.Is anybody stocking up before spring to try and save on their installation cost.With the price of oil dropping trying to get a feel if prices will drop from last year or raise.Anyone have any thoughts on the way prices are going this year.Sorry for Long post,just seeing what other peoples thoughts are.
Thanks Rick

PurpHaze
02-09-2007, 04:39 PM
We're in a different situation since we're a government entity but we've experienced as much as a 30% price increase this winter on some of the parts we use. Pipe and fittings have probably seen the lowest increase while valves and other items have gone up quite a bit. Metallic parts (especially brass items) have increased the most drastically.

This month I'll do an entire inventory of the parts we regularly use and then stock up in March. This is twofold because we need to stock up before all our systems go online in the spring and we have a cutoff (usually middle of May) on our open purchase orders that get renewed with the new fiscal year starting July 1st. I have to project what we'll need the most during the dead period and all POs have to be zeroed out. If we don't spend it we usually lose it.