PDA

View Full Version : ADD Power washer

Mr.Lawn
02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Does anybody offer a power washer service as an extra?? Would this be a good thing to offer or a poor roi

Grits
02-10-2007, 12:53 AM
I have thought about it. But would you really have time to do it? Maybe when the season slows down in the winter. Definitely something to think about. I would just do driveways, decks, sidewalks, etc. I think there is to much liability doing houses....breaking windows, destroying siding. It would be hard to break a driveway.:)

robbo521
02-10-2007, 12:53 AM
i do power washing.just about all the house's i mowed last year wanted it done.so i jumped right in it,had all the tools and stuff to do it.did,house's,driveways,walkways,decks,flower bed rocks.

GreenN'Clean
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I added power washing about 3 years ago, its paid off very well. Start off offering it to your exisiting customers and build from there

LawnSharks
02-10-2007, 10:41 AM
We offer this service as well. Quite lucrative. We only do horizontal surfaces (driveways, walkways, decks etc.). As previously mentioned, we don't do houses due to liability issues. I'd suggest offering it if you have the time and equipment. Don't buy cheap "hobby" equipment. Go ahead and spend the extra couple hundred and get good equipment that will last.
Good luck!

Shawns Lawns
02-10-2007, 10:50 AM
I was also thinking about it as well. If you have the customers that want the service i say go for it.:waving:

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
02-10-2007, 10:56 AM
I do it three years full time job,started out quite stupid bought the wrong machine could not bid work but i have learned.

GreenN'Clean
02-10-2007, 11:11 AM
I have a friend who just does powerwashing for reality companies and he makes a fortune

mountianview
02-10-2007, 11:22 AM
They wanted an extra $1000 for insurance Joe walters best deal on insurance get your free copys of cleaner times magazine ??? only 133 frost free days here.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
02-10-2007, 01:46 PM
It's funny i get cleaner times, don't know why they keep sending a bill i never paid but we get it in the mail it's not bad.

tinman
04-11-2007, 10:09 PM
Does anybody offer a power washer service as an extra?? Would this be a good thing to offer or a poor roi

I do it as a side & make pretty good. But it is not as consistent as I would like it to be. I really pushed it & very few people do it regularly. I get a lot of work from my Dad's painting biz. MOwing is way more consistent though.

FCPWLLC
04-13-2007, 09:10 AM
With proper equipment and techniques, the profit margins are huge. Not as consistent as mowing but definitely higher margins.