PDA

View Full Version : Dump hoist to my truck or dump trailer?

IHI
02-10-2007, 11:05 PM
:cool2: I'm confused on what to do. I have a 99 F550 with a flatbed/tommy lift bed on it right now. I need some type of dump bed or dump trailer. I have found a tandem 10' dump trailer and don't know if I should buy it or turn my truck into a dump truck? If I buy the dump trailer, I'm going to trade/sell my truck for a single axle 1-ton for better fuel efficiency.

If I go with the dump trailer, it'll cost me around 4 k. If I turn my truck into a dump truck, it'll cost about 3k.
So far, the biggest con to getting the trailer is that I don't like to deal with the length and backing up, especially when loaded with rock and at a customer's site. Your thought/inputs...

Swampy
02-11-2007, 12:50 AM
I'd go with it on the truck if you don't like backing up a trailer full of material. Plus its just easier to get around.

Gravel Rat
02-11-2007, 01:16 AM
I would make the F-550 into a dump truck a trailer is a big pain in the azz. If you buy a trailer then you said you need to buy another truck so your looking at big money. A F-550 dump will easily carry 8000lbs and you will beable to go anywhere with it. How are you supposed to get a trailer in a tight spot ?

TWUllc
02-11-2007, 01:38 AM
Grain Body on the truck is a no brainer.

ODC
02-22-2007, 04:59 AM
I would go with the truck conversion. Especially if DOT is an issue in your area.

Steve