PDA

View Full Version : Are Commercial Walk Behinds Die Hard

vaulta
02-11-2007, 12:40 AM
Just bought a used 48" Do they break down alot and need a ton a money to run.Also, do commercial walk behinds last forever.THANX

Raven386
02-11-2007, 12:45 AM
they will last a very long time if you take care of them right. and parts for most machines are availble at dealers or over the internet. but lets start with what brand w/b is it?

Raven386
02-11-2007, 12:50 AM
ok i see in your previous posts that you said you bought a Lesco. this is going to start a ___ vs. ___ battle. but IMO Lesco's are very reliable and if theres a Lesco dealer in your area, you can pick up parts there. check out www.Lesco.com. I swear by my Lesco w/b's and always will. IMO they are great machines and cut awesome. do you know the year or hours on the mower?

vaulta
02-11-2007, 01:14 PM
Its a 99 Iam not sure how many hours it has on it, I have too look. I bought it here in Florida from some guy for 500.00, it runs awsome.

I MOW ALONE
02-11-2007, 09:29 PM
:hammerhead: everything will break eventually. when and how nobody knows.

Raven386
02-11-2007, 10:00 PM
just keep everything greased, that will atleast prolong it from breaking. When im out during the day i use Fluid Film on the mower instead of having to break out the grease gun. the thing i really like about my Lesco, is that its very easy to fix. if you have the manual for it, just find out the part # and you can get the part from Lesco and with fairly simple knowledge you can fix just about everything. i work on everything but the engine on my belt drive.but the hydro is way out of my league. Good Luck with it. if you get a chance post a pic of it.

Uranus
02-11-2007, 10:04 PM
Take good care of it and do the regular maintenance and you will get several quality years out of it. Take really good care of it and it will last 15 years for you.

vaulta
02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
How do I know what parts to grease, do I need to get a manual, where. Raven when you say hydro is way out of your league, do you mean the engine is? or the simple things that you fix on your belt driven.Thanx for all the help

Raven386
02-13-2007, 08:19 AM
pretty much everything on the hyrdo... i dont touch. now on the mower you will see grease fittings, on the blade spindles, tires, brakes, transmission, front casters. the hyrdo i just dont know about, i can do somethings like spindles or the casters or stuff like that. but all the hydro parts i dont know about, the brakes etc.

Raven386
02-13-2007, 08:20 AM
http://www.lesco.com/NoCompression/GetData.aspx?Type=ProdResource&ID=429&.pdf Lesco W/B Owner's Manual

http://www.lesco.com/NoCompression/GetData.aspx?Type=ProdResource&ID=454&.pdf - Lesco W/B Parts List

Here's the links to Lesco's Owners Manual & Parts List. it may not be the exact same for your year mower. but its probably pretty similar. ive worked on a very old 36" and everything was the same.

vaulta
02-13-2007, 04:18 PM
Hey thanx guys, for all the help. I downloaded the files, hydro is that different for general parts on a mower then belt. Thanx again