PDA

View Full Version : where to find a small hydraluic dump kit.

DeereHauler
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
i'm tryin to find a dump kit, similar to one you would put under a pick up truck bed, but i want to use it for a smaller 6-1/2 ' by 4' dump box i'm making.

anyone know a site where i could find a complete kit, i'm not looking to make my own.

thanks.

tnmtn
02-11-2007, 03:58 PM
ebay has some. look under dump insert or ez dumper.
good luck

Accu-cut Lawn Care
02-11-2007, 05:45 PM
i'm tryin to find a dump kit, similar to one you would put under a pick up truck bed, but i want to use it for a smaller 6-1/2 ' by 4' dump box i'm making.

anyone know a site where i could find a complete kit, i'm not looking to make my own.

thanks.

I've seen some cool dump beds that utilized an automotive starter motor.

DeereHauler
02-11-2007, 09:43 PM
I've seen some cool dump beds that utilized an automotive starter motor.

ok? any idea where?

Idealtim
02-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Why don't you put a heavy upright at the front with a pulley at the top and a winch at the base. There are pros and cons to this design but its the way I built my dump insert that was mounted in a 5x8 trailer. Worked good, dumped 2000lbs per load.

pclawncare
02-12-2007, 03:33 AM
Why not get a hydralic dump kit like is ment for a truck bed from notherntool and customise it to work on what ever you are building it is just run off of a 12volt source

DeereHauler
02-12-2007, 11:17 AM
ideal,

i had wondered about that, when it comes down to cost it will be much cheaper, do you have any pictures of the trailer you have? thanks for the idea.

pclawn, those kits are pretty salty for what you get, $850-$1500 or more for a cylinder, pump, and a metal hinge. they are very nice, but i won't be needing anything that lifts that much, i'm only planning on a dump box, maybe 4'x6', maybe 3' high to put grass in. i will check with the local welding shops, they can probably make one cheaper than that.

pclawncare
02-12-2007, 06:46 PM
No i dont have one on my trailer i know a guy here in town that does though. Looks like a good set up, but you could prob get one for your application fabricated cheeper it was just an idea