PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Auto Show

GG386
02-11-2007, 06:56 PM
Spent most of the day chatting with the reps for GM, Ford, Dodge specifically on they're new diesel products. My gut feeling after reading between the lines of the BS- power is down a little, fuel mileage is going to take a hit.

I asked everyone of the reps about how confident they were with there new offering (diesel), check this one out- they all said that they offered some great gas engines as an alternative.

If you get a chance some time take a look at what's going on under that chassis, More parts on the exhaust than a Swiss watch. It's all for the good, but why dump 6K on a motor that's lost all its economy and power that was they're claim to fame:hammerhead:

jtkplc
02-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Spent most of the day chatting with the reps for GM, Ford, Dodge specifically on they're new diesel products. My gut feeling after reading between the lines of the BS- power is down a little, fuel mileage is going to take a hit.

I asked everyone of the reps about how confident they were with there new offering (diesel), check this one out- they all said that they offered some great gas engines as an alternative.

If you get a chance some time take a look at what's going on under that chassis, More parts on the exhaust than a Swiss watch. It's all for the good, but why dump 6K on a motor that's lost all its economy and power that was they're claim to fame:hammerhead:

Yeah, thank you EPA!

Bill Davis
02-12-2007, 11:58 PM
Sounds like its time to keep the diesel you have and just rebuild em. Not to start a fight but the new 3/4 and 1 ton Chevy's took a hit below the belt on their looks too.

GG386
02-13-2007, 10:59 AM
I know what you mean, the Ford's are butt ugly too. Super Duty embossed on the grill fascia, give me a break! I'm thinking my 07 F350 will be around for a LONG time to come, and it sure looks better than that 08 offering.