PDA

View Full Version : pigtail took pics 1

Remote Pigtails
02-12-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't install too many now because most of my customers have them but these were first timers so I slapped one on. This is the Richdel 512 I believe. It's hard to get to the 24 volt power source the way the transformer is situated so I'm using a spare zone to power it. The best thing about the Rainmaster remote is that the cord that connects the two parts allows you to hang it on the door. Finally I cable tie it to keep it from getting yanked. I did not install this clock but if I had the 120 splice would be in a junction box not tucked inside the controller. I sold two extra hours of work walking the customer through the system. It took about ten minutes to install. Sorry about the sideways pic.

PurpHaze
02-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Nice unprotected power supply. :)

Remote Pigtails
02-12-2007, 07:39 PM
Nice unprotected power supply. :)

Unfortunately i see that so much I've become jaded about it. A few months ago I had a job with a crummy 3/4 amp fuse timer. The fuse kept blowing and somebody wrapped foil around it. I used to carry junction boxes. maybe I will again.

PurpHaze
02-12-2007, 07:50 PM
I have one right now where the wiring is bare. We can't have that and the boss is trying to get the contractor back out on it. :rolleyes:

Hank Reardon
02-12-2007, 08:35 PM
I have one of those old controllers on a site we service! I thought we had the last one out of the Museum.

Remote Pigtails
02-12-2007, 09:01 PM
That was a really popular controller in Dallas. Quite a few left here. I tell the customers "don't wear out the slide switches and it'll last you a while!"

Without A Drought
02-12-2007, 10:19 PM
I see those richdels all the time. not a Pro-C, but not a bad controller either. a lot better than the Moist-O-Matic's, RC's, and PRC's.

pg

ps. i kind of like the M-O-M's solely because of the name.

Wet_Boots
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
I remember seeing timers like that, with those conduit power leads just taped to a line cord, and not even tucked into the larger opening. And this on exterior installs, with the line cord plugged into an outdoor receptacle.

Dirty Water
02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Those richdels were fairly popular at one time in my area as well, I saw a lot of them. A good timer for the era, far better than the competition in my opinion.

PurpHaze
02-13-2007, 08:23 AM
Toro had a "slide controller" that was somewhat popular in this area about 15 years ago.

Remote Pigtails
02-13-2007, 08:25 AM
I think it was called the VISION

PurpHaze
02-13-2007, 08:39 AM
RP: Try the "macro" or "super macro" mode on your camera (if it has one) when taking close-up pics. Mine's a flower pot symbol. It disengages the flash and takes good close-up pictures. :)