PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with trailer racks

GriffinLawnService
02-13-2007, 06:55 PM
I am looking for a rack or a basket that I can put a portable fuel tank small gas cans and extra line for string trimmers..

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

MTMoose
02-13-2007, 07:04 PM
If you have room on the tongue of your trailer mount tool box there. I have one of the pickup boxes that fits in the bed of a truck mounted on mine and it works great for holding all the small stuff, including fuel tanks. Just make sure it locks.

eZrider
02-13-2007, 07:23 PM
This is what I have, it is made by Carry-On. The only downside there is no door to lock things up. But I only use it for gas cans and small hand tools. I priced several different boxes, the boxes with doors were $250-400, I only paid $119 at the local trailer dealer. I made some small cables I can loop through the steel if I have something I need to lock up, the cables won't stop a thief but it will slow him down.

Here is the link : http://www.carry-ontrailer.com/product/LANDBOX_AC.htm

grass_cuttin_fool
02-13-2007, 08:01 PM
I have that box like EZrider has, I got it at the local Tractor Supply Store for $122.00 I think. We bought new steel and paint and made a second box.....had about 90 bux in it and that wasnt counting the electricity or welding rods or anything for our time. Oh we added legs to the box so I could get a walkbehind mower under it instead of just mounting to the top rail and loosing floor space

wayne

wayne

GriffinLawnService
02-13-2007, 10:09 PM
yeah I like the box. But I would definently have to add legs to it. What did you use for legs. I think that I have some square tubing that I can use. I just have to hunt down a box like that around here.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-13-2007, 10:28 PM
/Yes we used square tubing....I think it was 2x2. I purchased the smaller or narrower of the 2 boxes and then welded my back pack rack to the end or side of the box and that way it doesnt stick out past the edge of the trailer and on the other side it lets the engines of the trimmers come up by the end of the box

wayne

Armstrong
02-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Why not try to create your own rack or basket.