PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailor question?

A-1 Affordable Lawn Care
02-15-2007, 11:01 AM
I have recently bought an enclosed trailer 7x16. I need help how to get lawn mowers tied down so they don't move around while driving.I was thinking about the etrack system but don't know if I should mount the tracking on the floor or how high on the walls of the trailer.Any suggestions would be great or some pics how you tie them down. Hope everyone has a great 07 :cool2: thanks

Poncho25
02-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Pro-Locker....nuff said! :drinkup:

http://prolawnequipment.com/

supercuts
02-17-2007, 11:45 AM
i have an 18" enclosed for 2 year, never tied them down, the really dont move much at all

nmez21
02-17-2007, 12:03 PM
I think I'm going to try to put an older set of etracks into my trailer sometime before spring. If it helps, I found a picture on the internet with some etracks all set up.
http://www.trailer-parts-forless.com/trailerparts_forless/hardware/etrack.jpg

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
02-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Fast straps is what you need.

mojob
02-17-2007, 12:32 PM
I was looking at the Pro Lockers just now and it seems to me that they wouldn't keep the back of the machine from walking back and forth inside your trailer as you hit bumps in the road. Am I right or wrong? Pretty clever design, though.

lawnmaniac883
02-17-2007, 12:59 PM
I was looking at the Pro Lockers just now and it seems to me that they wouldn't keep the back of the machine from walking back and forth inside your trailer as you hit bumps in the road. Am I right or wrong? Pretty clever design, though.

Would take a pretty big arse bump to make the back of a Z walk around the trailer. The main idea of securing the mower is that in case of sudden stop or accident your equipment doesnt go flying all over the place. Prolockers secure them in that manner.

Eclipse
02-17-2007, 08:27 PM
If I am not mistaken the Prolockers make it difficult to load machines end to end, unless they are easily removable?

supercuts
02-18-2007, 03:04 PM
if you get into an accident, the least of your worriers are going to be your mowers jumping around a bit. i dont and wont secure them in an enclose trailer, i dont drive like a fool, and if i get hit, i hope they total the mowers so i cant get some $ towards a new one

RedWingsDet
02-19-2007, 05:00 AM
I am buying pro lockers this year. It is a big ticket if you dont tie down, and if you have walk behinds, expect to see bubbles in your sides if you dont tie them down. Ive seen it on many enclosed trailers with guys who dont tie stuff down.

say'n somthin
02-19-2007, 12:08 PM
It looks like a clever device. The only thing that came to mind is it may be in the way if you have to haul mulch or rock. You will most likley have a couple of pro-lockers for several peices of equipment so you cannot mount them out of the way. Great Idea though.

supercuts
02-19-2007, 07:18 PM
i have pace summit enclosed landscape, designed for landscaping with plywood around the inside of the bottom so i dont get the "bubbles" on the sides. i cant really see how you would get a ticket for not tying them down when they are in an inclosed trailer. how would police know if is even illegal, need probable cause to search for major offenses like untied mowers

lawnMaster5000
02-20-2007, 06:18 PM
I have the same Summit Landscape Trailer as mentioned by the last guy.

I also never tie my mowers down. Things simply DO NOT move around in that trailer. Nothing bounces. I leave a bunch of crap stacked up on my workbench and nothing has ever fallen off. Even bolts and stuff left up there only move around a little.

On the floor I attached a couple 2x2s that I park the mower tires between. This keeps the mowers from rolling forward when heavily braking (ie someone cuts you off) while going down a hill. I have only had my walk behind go over these 2x2s a very few times when I had to really slam on the brakes. Even then it only rolls slowly forward. The hydros dont let it go fast. By the way, my walkbehind doesnt have a parking brake. My 260z does have a parking brake and has never run over the 2x2s I put down for it.

I tried to find pictures but guess I dont have any :(