PDA

View Full Version : redmax 8000 power decrease

AuburnGuy
02-16-2007, 02:07 PM
I bought this in october. It is blowing a little more that half what it should be. I have changed the sparkplug, and fuel filter. the air filter is clean. I looked at the opening when the throttle is pulled and it opens completely. It has recently fouled a couple of plugs a little. Is there somewhere to adjust how much gas it is getting. Or is there another problem.

thanks
larry

MOWALLTHETIME
02-16-2007, 02:15 PM
I experienced a similar problem with my 7001 and the dealer told me that there is a spark arrestor in the muffler that could be clogged. Once i pulled it out and cleaned it the machine quit fouling the plugs out and flet like new again. you might also look to see if your fuel filter is dirty. A dirty fiter will rob the motor of gas/oil and could lead to a serious problem down the road. I've had a Redmax 7001 for three years and I've literally wore the straps off of it and it keeps going.

John Gamba
02-16-2007, 02:29 PM
I bought this in october. It is blowing a little more that half what it should be. I have changed the sparkplug, and fuel filter. the air filter is clean. I looked at the opening when the throttle is pulled and it opens completely. It has recently fouled a couple of plugs a little. Is there somewhere to adjust how much gas it is getting. Or is there another problem.

thanks
larry

Take it to the dealer.

Willofalltrades
02-16-2007, 03:02 PM
Take it to the dealer.

Same opinion. With a warranty why waist your time trying to fix it.

mojob
02-16-2007, 04:09 PM
This has been a complaint from many 8000 owners, me included. If you do a search on here you'll find all the posts about the problem and what they did to correct it. Red Max had a recall on some of them if I remember right.

ed2hess
02-16-2007, 04:50 PM
Same opinion. With a warranty why waist your time trying to fix it.

Because he wants to try to avoid getting billed a hundred dollars for a bunch of things that they will call maintenance items. Filters, plugs, clogged ports, bad gas, clogged spark screen, need to be fixed before going to dealer.

MOWALLTHETIME
02-16-2007, 06:13 PM
I made the mistake of taking my first blower (not a redmax) into the dealer because it would not idle properly. I ended up in the hole for right at hundred dollars due to bench fee and other charges i.e. tank filter they even charged me for a gas cap, mine had a little crack in it. needless to say the dealer is a last resort for me.

pugs
02-16-2007, 06:50 PM
We had a couple of those in at the end of the season last year...both had carbon build up in the exhaust port. Have to remove the shrouding and muffler and get that cleared out.