PDA

View Full Version : Shirts

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-16-2007, 10:30 PM
What do you guys think?

The color is actually going to be a saftey green. I am also thinking of getting some made in a kiwi green too.

Here is an idea I had, have got grass? and my logo w/ ph# over the heart, then on the back of the shirt, have my logo really big and my biz name and ph# really big.

ScagBoy09
02-16-2007, 10:33 PM
looks pretty good, everything is laid out well. I dont think the "got grass?" is very professional though, but other than that great! I am looking into making shirts aswell.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-16-2007, 10:34 PM
here is the company I am getting to make my shirts.

http://tees4less.com/

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-16-2007, 10:35 PM
looks pretty good, everything is laid out well. I dont think the "got grass?" is very professional though....

Yeah, I am kinda reconsidering it, but it is a clever slogan don't ya think? What would be a better slogan?

ScagBoy09
02-16-2007, 10:35 PM
ok thanks ive been searching google for some cheap shirt companies, nothing too fancy for me.

ScagBoy09
02-16-2007, 10:37 PM
Yeah, I am kinda reconsidering it, but it is a clever slogan don't ya think? What would be a better slogan?

Mine personally is "Quality Service From The Ground Up." I do like the creativity on the got grass? too. alteast its pretty original.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-16-2007, 10:40 PM
I saw a really stupid slogan the other day..."fire em' and hire (company name)"

Or am I the only one that thought that was stupid?

ScagBoy09
02-16-2007, 10:41 PM
yeah that's pretty immature gotta say that.

ScagBoy09
02-16-2007, 10:45 PM
Here are a few I found from a website. some are kinda corny but check em out:
Satisfaction Guaranteed Or Double Your Grass Back
We Don't Just Cut Grass We Manicure Lawns
Your Yard Barber!
Professional Lawn Mowing.
Your Lawn Is My Business
The grass may be greener on the other side, but it still has to be mowed
Creating curb appeal
So and so Landscaping
Beautifying _______ County One Lawn At A Time
Call us if you need your weeds whacked
Quality Is The Roots Of Our Business
You'll get 'Mow' for your money!
Got Grass?
We are the Salon for your Lawn
Where service is always in season
Taking care of your yard so you can do other things!
We do more than just cut , We Care for your lawn
Born to Mow

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-16-2007, 11:05 PM
Thanks! Just because it is so origional, and no one around here uses it, I think I'll stick to got grass?. I really appreciate your input though!

The best one I have heard of so far is, "exceptional service, exceptional lawns". The guy who has that slogan has over 200 yards and I just talked to a shindaiwa dealer who said he has bought about 12 8510s. ($550ea.)

Lawnworks
02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
slogans sound cheesy to me

BTLS
02-17-2007, 12:05 AM
I would put the "got grass" part on the back, across the shoulder blade area, up high to get attention. Might look better than on someone's big beer gut...lol Then maybe your name and logo at the left chest area. Good job though- hope it works out well for you.

Lawn Enforcer
02-17-2007, 12:07 AM
My slogan which I have used before is, "When your grass is gettin' tall, give us a call" By the way, I like the shirts.

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-17-2007, 12:26 AM
I would put the "got grass" part on the back, across the shoulder blade area, up high to get attention. Might look better than on someone's big beer gut...lol Then maybe your name and logo at the left chest area. Good job though- hope it works out well for you.

Here is an idea I had;

Have "got grass?" and my logo w/ ph# over the heart, then on the back of the shirt, have my logo really big and my biz name and ph# really big.

niagara
02-17-2007, 05:01 AM
"Got Grass" kind of sounds like you are looking to make a score.

apowell18
02-17-2007, 06:34 AM
got grass is a good slogan...there is a place here called "the grass pad" that deals with everything green...their commercials say: the grass pad's high on grass", and they know their SH#$, too. It works for them here in KC, and they have several stores across the city...go with it!!!

Flow Control
02-17-2007, 08:35 AM
A few years back I had a few college guys working for me and when the season came to a end I figured I would make them some company shirts that were funny. So, they worked in the sprinkler division and after some thought I had a few shirts made that on the back said: "So what do you do? We lay pipe to keep your bushes wet." I guess they were a big hit on campus but it came back to bite me when 3 years later one of the guys was directing traffic for a large festival on a main road and of course that was the shirt he was wearing. I was so stunned I stopped traffic and gave him my shirt since the city he was in we had over 150 customers that could have seen it.

ACA L&L
02-17-2007, 04:42 PM
We used Got Lawns awhile back, some customers got It some had no clue??

rfed32
02-17-2007, 05:09 PM
looks good i like the got grass? id keep it...i need something that people see not just a plain shirt y aknow....i like mine fedele lc we'll play in ur bush! DONT USE IT BUT AM THINKNG ABOUT IT....my buddy does snow blowin and his slogan is "a blow jobs better than a hand job" he got a hell of a lot of driveways...had to get another truck with 2 blowers

climber
02-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Heres a pic of our shirits same setup but just to show you a finished one...

Dan

Lawnworks
02-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Heres a pic of our shirits same setup but just to show you a finished one...

Dan

That shirt looks good. No cheesy motto. I like it.

climber
02-17-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks!!! We wanted a professional look and I think we found it.. And no numbers because if you look at all the major companies they dont have it either. And I know were not a major company but if poeple really want our business they will ask for a card... And we wont have to deal with those people who call around for the best deal and be cheap with us!

All the best
Dan

gmcplowtruck
02-17-2007, 10:44 PM
safet green gets reall dirty and stained fast i got them and orange and all my green ones are stained and its more noticable you may want to take that in to consideration
i usaully get shirts made each year my guy is a smaller shop that are frieds and they''ll do my shirts for next to nothin look around for smaller places or peaple that silk screen on the side theyll do just as good as the big buisness for cheaper

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-18-2007, 07:04 PM
Thanks for the input guys! the main reason I was getting them in saftey green, was because my dad said bright colors were what I needed. I just thought of this today, got grass sounds like something a hippie would ask.........

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-19-2007, 04:04 PM
does anyone think I should loose the ph#?

gmcplowtruck
02-19-2007, 05:51 PM
keep the # how else are people going to contact you if they see you out working and they dont see the truck

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-19-2007, 08:18 PM
keep the # how else are people going to contact you if they see you out working and they dont see the truck

I figured thay would come ask me for a card or something.

Lawnworks
02-19-2007, 08:49 PM
I figured thay would come ask me for a card or something.

I don't think the phone number is necessary. You are just trying to get name recognition. If my number wasn't part of my logo... I would take it off everything.

haybaler
02-19-2007, 10:28 PM

sorry, but no. got milk? was clever, all the copy cats are lame. it's ben beaten to death.

northeastpropertymgmt
02-20-2007, 11:23 AM
i would keep every thing but lose the slogan u don't need it on ur shirt it will look more professional with out it just my 2 cents

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-20-2007, 10:22 PM
thanks for the input guys. I will post the finished product.

leaflandscape
02-21-2007, 12:10 AM
Having a slogan like got grass makes you stand out in a good way I think. It's not obscene, and people will tend to remember it.

klink34
02-21-2007, 01:12 PM
On the back of mine I have,"where we cut grass not corners." But I would have to agree, Got Grass, does sound like a hippy thing and it isn't all that original.

blakeg314
02-22-2007, 10:10 PM
custom ink does a great job, i didnt go with this design though

jbailey52
02-23-2007, 02:16 PM
Check out Ebay.. we always get our tees from there.. 3 color screen print front and back for under $4.50 a shirt!!!! buy about 40-50 at a time

Jeds_Lawn_Care
02-25-2007, 09:35 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?p=1725247#post1725247

DeereHauler
02-26-2007, 08:06 PM
theres a company here where i live. they have a giant yellow bread truck that says 'got grass'. it looks horribly unprofessional. if you use that saying just be professional about it, nice image, nice logo, and the saying will come across the right way.

Mow Mony
03-01-2007, 01:08 AM
Check out Ebay.. we always get our tees from there.. 3 color screen print front and back for under $4.50 a shirt!!!! buy about 40-50 at a time

Do you have a link to the company that you got these from?

How was the quality of the shirts, and did they shrink a lot?

Thanks!

jbailey52
03-01-2007, 08:27 PM
Dont have a link just search.. it was about a year ago last time we bought shirts... quality was good.. didnt shrink