PDA

View Full Version : Nissian trucks??

Shawnhines
02-18-2007, 05:02 PM
Well I am looking at start a lawn care company this coming summer. I own a '03 F-250 FX4 Crew Cab right now It has the V10... Well yeah this thing will pull a trailer or house but it loves to drink gas. I have thought about down sizing to a nissian Frontier or something about the same size. I am looking for something that will be better on gas milage... What do you guys think of these trucks before I go out and buy one?
Thanks

Lawnworks
02-18-2007, 05:31 PM
I don't see a nissan frontier being that capable of a work truck. What are you doing w/ the truck? It seems if you are working a truck... the gas mileage is not going to be great any way you cut it.

Lynden-Jeff
02-18-2007, 05:36 PM
Maybe the Titan but nothing less.

Cheers
Jeff

lucforce
02-18-2007, 06:14 PM
First, Nissan has had quality issue for several years now. I have one in the driveway as well as a Toyota. There is no comparison in quality between the two.

Second, you have the adequate truck to do the work. If you "downsize" the truck, yo will create a few problems. I am assuming that you are pulling a large trailer fully equipped with equipment, supplies, tools, etc.

Using a "smaller" truck creates safety issues when it comes to having enough truck to keep a loaded trailer stable, providing enough stopping power, and providing enough power to get moving under way.

Addressing your fuel usage concerns: If you use a smaller vehicle to pull the same load, you will have a situation where the engine will be loaded constantly and will use as much or more fuel than you are currently using.

QualityLawnCare4u
02-18-2007, 06:14 PM
I tried out a nissan frontier with the V6 before I got my Tundra and it would barely pull my equipment, had to hold it to the floor to keep it at 45. Funny though my old 93 Nissan with the V6 pulled it fine.