PDA

View Full Version : Toro 826 snowblower

ericg
02-19-2007, 10:21 AM
I purchased a new Toro 826 snowblower last year. It has the Techumsa 8hp snowking engine. It ran great all of last seanon. This year, I am having a difficult time keeping it running. It will not stay at idle and at high sped it keeps hunting, raising and lowering the rpm's. I did not drain the gas from last season, so after this problem, I put fresh gas in but still the same issue. There is no adjustments on the carb other than an idle speed screw. Can anyone offer a suggestion? Thank you in advance

pugs
02-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Clean the carb. You may be able to get away with just pulling the main jet/bolt out the bottom of the carb and cleaning the passages in that. There is also an idle jet that is in the side of the carb under a plastic cap. It is removable for cleaning after you remove the cap. There may also be a removable plastic emulsion tube above the main/bolt that could be cleaned if needed. If those dont remedy the problem, then you would need to start pulling welch plugs and doing more cleaning. But honestly before you go that far, check the price on a new carb. Some of them are cheap and do not warrant messing with. Some are not...

ericg
02-19-2007, 02:34 PM
Thanks PUGS, I will try and clean the carb. The problem is that I called the dealer and although the snowblower is under warranty, they won't cover the problem as I have described. Interestingly enough, the TORO units don't come with gas filters. You would think that for $1250.00, the unit would have a gas filter to protect this from happening.

davidcalhoun
02-19-2007, 04:18 PM
A gas filter will do nothing to prevent a carb from gumming up do to old gas. You could put a shut-off on it and then run it dry or you could just put some stabil in the gas and run it enough to get it inthe carb.

pugs
02-19-2007, 07:29 PM
Yah, a filter would not fix leaving gas in the carb. And nobody that I know of will cover that under warranty...

Fuel shutoff would be the best way to go.

And as far as no filter, dont blame Toro for that. Tecumseh makes the engine and fuel system unless there is a tank mounted seperate of the engine somewhere on that unit. Actually there may be a filter built into the tank on that...some of theirs have that.

ericg
02-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I cleaned the carb, put a Briggs inline filter in and a shutoff valve. The machine runs better but not 100%. I am hoping that running it for a while will clear the rest of the garbage out. The tank is a platic unit mounted to the side of the engine and it does not have any filter in it. I would have gladly payed a few more bucks when I purchased the unit to have a filter and shut off valve installed from the get go but none of the Toro units had one. Seems to me that either Techumsa or Toro should specify a filter and shut off valve.