PDA

View Full Version : buying used trimmers and blowers

lawnguy268
02-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Anyone ever buy these used. I feel like im the only person who buys this stuff used. All my friends are like ,Its not worth it because you might have to work on them or replace parts.

I don't know just seems like there desposible items in the lawn care biz.

MudslinginFX4
02-19-2007, 08:19 PM
Never have. I feel that new ones are too cheap to worry about fixing or spending time on a used one. We also only get 2 years out of our handhelds, so for me it's not worth the risk of buying used and not getting much time of of them.

I will buy used mowers, but not handhelds. Most of the used mowers I buy only have around 500 hours or less though.

MowerMedic77
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
It is pretty much a crap shoot. I have sold lots of used 2cycle equipment some I never see again and some I see every month. I would try and stick with good brand names and make sure you give and good look over and test before you buy. If you pick up a good used unit for around $100 bucks and it runs for a year then you have made your money back and then some. Good luck and happy hunting :)

lawnguy268
02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
yea I see what your saying. Because alot of guys around by my sell all their stuff in a "package deal" and its like a 36wb 2 trimmers and 3 blowers or something and when you look at the stuff it just don't really seem worth it.

ed2hess
02-20-2007, 11:13 PM
I buy some used Echo units for around $25 and use them as spare parts. Things like off/on switch aren't cheap.....lot of good parts. Often you can get new units that had raw gas run thru them.

DLCS
02-20-2007, 11:37 PM
I'm looking for some used Husky trimmers running or not. Anyone got any let me know. Parts are getting hard to find around here but I like the lightweight of them.

NMS0219
02-23-2007, 08:47 PM
Buy new not worth the hassle or risk of buying used. Just my 2 cents.