PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Turf Tracer, new motor/electric start install

Snyderserv5060
02-19-2007, 09:55 PM
I have a great condition 48" Exmark Turf Tracer, ECS controls...everything. I really enjoy using this mower over the past ones ive had. It was great up until the end of last year when it started to run rough (engine). Ive come to the conclusion it will be easier/cheaper to replace the mass produced kawasaki engine then toy around with it for a while to get it back running right, plus it burned some oil. The new Kawasaki motors also carry a 2 year commerical warrenty.

I have spoken with a few engine distributors, one of which has been very helpful with all of my questions ( http://www.tulsaenginewarehouse.com ).
Since my current motor is a recoil start only I expressed interest in a kaw motor that I could get with recoil and electric start. Due to the exmark being manual blade engagement he said I could go this route. While I dont need electric start its not much more money and Exmark has this available for the 48" units so im sure I can get the parts. Anyone convert theirs to an electric start? Ive also looked around for the OEM battery tray, cant seem to locate part numbers or the actual part anywhere. I can fabricate up brackets but it may be easier to just buy one made for the actual mower.

Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated before I go purchasing anything. I figure its a good time to plan this out so it can be in tip top shape when its ready to be worked. Again, I know I dont need the electric start but sometimes when I get it all tucked up in the trailer or in my shed it makes it a royal pain in the a$$ to pull start the unit up.