View Full Version : New and need some help

02-20-2007, 11:40 AM

ok i want to start a lawn mowing business but i dont know how to go about getting a business licenses or insurance or what to charge people so any help on that will be great thanks

02-20-2007, 11:51 AM
Use search feature at the top of screen these points have tons and tons of info some great, some not so great,you can read for hours.

02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
To start a business you generally begin at your local government. That will be your town, city, or county. They will provide you with the necessary paperwork for a business license and zoning. They will also tell you where to go for getting tax ID numbers.

Your other option is to go to your towns, cities, or counties small business development department. They will direct you to the proper offices and give the names of insurance, accounting, and attorney's who work with small business.

Good luck.

02-20-2007, 03:32 PM
Contact your States Departement of Revenue and ask them for a business registration tax kit and if you will be applying chemicals contact your Dept of Ag to get a commercial applicators license. You can also go to www.irs.gov and apply for FEIN

02-20-2007, 03:42 PM
I would just call an acct. and they tell you everything you need to do and if you want to pay them they will do most of it for you. Insurance is easy get some bids I got my lowest from my agent now Franny. 18008948010 is her number ask for her. She will go threw everything with you and if you do decide that you want to go with her she sends out proof of insurance to all your accts.