PDA

View Full Version : Frozen choke cable

lawnspecialties
02-21-2007, 07:50 PM
I used to own an '05 SuperZ with the 27hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled. One really cold morning my choke cable was completely stuck and my dealer said there were "rub" spots on some models. These spots would wear through the outer cover of the cable, a little water would get in them, and then when it got really cold, I'd have a frozen cable. They replaced the cable and it worked great until I no longer owned it.

Well, a couple weeks ago the same thing happened to my 26hp Kawasaki liquid-cooled on a really cold morning. I took it to the dealer two weeks ago for a few items to be checked into including the choke cable. This past Monday after another cold night, the cable was frozen again.

Did they not replace my cable or do choke cables generally freeze up on frigid nights? Thanks

mowerconsultant
02-22-2007, 11:21 AM
Not sure what is happening there, the cables are sealed to prevent moisture from getting in and freezing them up.
Have you called them since it happened again?
I would want to check the routing again and make sure the throttle control plate is free and moving correctly also.

Pj

Shady Brook
02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
My Super Z has always done this, at least one of the two. The one I use during the winter will freeze if there is any moisture present, and it can be a bear to thaw. There is no apparant cable wear points either. I think it just gets in along the steel, freezes, and expands against the outer sheeth. I don't like it, but don't know of a fix either.

gene gls
02-22-2007, 09:23 PM
Went to start my Super Z the other day, in the garage, pulled the knob off because my cable is stuck. Most likley rusted from moisture and not being used for 3 months.