PDA

View Full Version : Why we should pay taxes (opinion)

topsites
02-22-2007, 02:05 AM
I'm sorry, I just read a really disturbing post concerning this, I'll spare the details, but...

Our tax dollar:
Pays for the ROADS we drive on (ever price asphalt? how about those BIG yellow caterpillar machines?)
> You and I can hardly afford to pave a driveway lol, let alone millions of MILES of 2 and 4 and 6 and 8 and TEN-lane highway!
> Here, 2003 Bobcat 442 Excavator (that's a really small, tiny machine, used) $35,000 (don't forget the truck + trailer to haul it around lol).
Pays the POLICE to keep crime down (notice what happens when the police can't do their job, such as after a Hurricane {think looting}, and realize how much we need these guys, even if we don't like being pulled over, their absence would result in immediate catastrophical pandemonium LOL).
Pays the county administrators and clerks and everyone else to administer and manage the above.
Helps pay off the country's trillion dollar (think dizzying large sums of money) debt.
Creates JOBS (IRS + Armed Forces, VA hospitals, county services, etc, etc, we're talking millions of employees who otherwise would be unemployed).

Although yes, I agree, a lot of tax dollars get wasted and I don't care for unemployment tax, but...
Just that alone is worth it to me.

Please pay your taxes, all they're asking for is an honest effort.