PDA

View Full Version : cold calling?

miketina
02-22-2007, 07:37 AM
Just wondering how many of you guys have just opened up the phone book in one of your areas and started dialing. How did it work? How did you present yourself?

Mow"N"Bud
02-22-2007, 07:51 AM
I have had great success with doing it, but I had many years of experience with doing it before starting a Lawn Service. Make sure you have a good script written in front of you with possible answers to questions, and make sure you are very well versed in your script and your service.

bladelawn
02-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah I just tried it for the first time this year, and it has worked pretty well. just dont set your expectations too high. For example, say you call 1000 people. Out of those 1000 people, probably 200 will be interested. Out of those 200, maybe 10-20 will become customers. This is a rough example, but it just shows you that you have to be persistent and call as many people as you can. I probably called 850 numbers this spring, and i put bids in on 70 of them. Just keep chuggin along.

rockymtnmf
02-23-2007, 11:49 PM
You might not want to think about this idea first.

This is taken from the National Do Not Call Registry (https://www.donotcall.gov)... "A consumer who receives a telemarketing call despite being on the registry will be able to file a complaint with the FTC, either online or by calling a toll-free number. Violators could be fined up to $11,000 per incident."