PDA

View Full Version : New Hampshire

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Just looking to network with some other people in the state. Figure you never know when you might need some added help with a question or a possible sub-contractor for some work.

N.H.BOY
02-23-2007, 05:43 PM
Lakes region here. part timer 3 years in the bizz.

MaineFert
02-23-2007, 07:23 PM
Hey guys I am in Portland, ME good to see some more New Englanders!

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-23-2007, 08:06 PM
Lakes region here. part timer 3 years in the bizz.

i work in the same area. take care of alot of Laconia propertys

N&CLandscaping
02-23-2007, 08:12 PM
Hey KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC hows it going? Do you do Gilford? do u know Silver Sands by any chance??

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-24-2007, 11:01 AM
Hey KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC hows it going? Do you do Gilford? do u know Silver Sands by any chance??

not bad. how are you? yes, i am familiar with silver sands marina.

N.H.BOY
02-24-2007, 07:31 PM
KINGSBURY----Northfield here !!!! I need more lawns though. Have a few deck builds for this year. I do alot of custom decks also. How long in the biz? Do you have alot of accounts?

Jamesgateslandscaping
02-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Amherst here.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-26-2007, 10:04 PM
KINGSBURY----Northfield here !!!! I need more lawns though. Have a few deck builds for this year. I do alot of custom decks also. How long in the biz? Do you have alot of accounts?
I do some lawns in Tilton/Northfield. First year in business for my self. Had a partnership past 2 years running a landscape company out of Belmont. Right now its just me and 1 employee. Have a good amount of work, mostly in Laconia/Wiers Beach, however, we work all over.
If interested we could get in touch and chat. I could possible throw you some work with more decks or other side jobs, or possible work together as 2 small businesses to take on some larger propertys. Belknap Landscaping, CBH landscaping get all the larger accounts because there is no other companys to give competition.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-26-2007, 10:07 PM
Hey James, says you have a hydroseeder. Are you willing to travel upwards of the Lakes Region area? I just do most of my small lawns with a spreader but if the opportunity arrised for larger lawns i would love to be able to pass the job on to someone i could trust as a sub.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Hey guys I am in Portland, ME good to see some more New Englanders!

How did you like the U of Maine Landscape design course? I went to NHTI here in NH for landscape design and it wasnt bad. They teach the old drafting method instead of Autocad. Just wondering your thoughts of their course.

cespservce
02-27-2007, 09:48 PM
Hey everyone, I'm down here in Salem,NH
Looking forward so spring ariving soon.

Jamesgateslandscaping
02-27-2007, 09:51 PM
Hey James, says you have a hydroseeder. Are you willing to travel upwards of the Lakes Region area? I just do most of my small lawns with a spreader but if the opportunity arrised for larger lawns i would love to be able to pass the job on to someone i could trust as a sub.

As long as you get me a full day of work I will travel up there or for a big enough job.
PM me or give me a call on my cell (603)320-5054. I also have a 35hp tractor with a power rake if you don't wanna do a big one yourself and just want to sub it out, I have the capability to bring up the whole setup (seeder, tractor and harley rake) at once to make a full day's work.
James

MaineFert
02-28-2007, 07:28 AM
Kingsbury,
I graduated from UMaine in Landscape Design. Are you talking about the full program, or just a course or two? We did all of our projects by hand, but I think they are incorporating VectorWorks into the program as a supplement. I actually prefer to hand draw, I think it gives a better "creative license" and helps visualize things much better than a CAD program. I now use DynaScape for designs, and hand drawing definitely helped me with tit.

PSDF350
02-28-2007, 12:13 PM
Richmond NH Southwest corner.

Jamesgateslandscaping
02-28-2007, 01:43 PM
I do some lawns in Tilton/Northfield. First year in business for my self. Had a partnership past 2 years running a landscape company out of Belmont. Right now its just me and 1 employee. Have a good amount of work, mostly in Laconia/Wiers Beach, however, we work all over.
If interested we could get in touch and chat. I could possible throw you some work with more decks or other side jobs, or possible work together as 2 small businesses to take on some larger propertys. Belknap Landscaping, CBH landscaping get all the larger accounts because there is no other companys to give competition.

Do you know a JM Carr Landscaping??
Also, Isnt Tasker a big guy up there to doing a lot of the estates??

N.H.BOY
02-28-2007, 05:02 PM

Yea dude ya, I'll be really interrested in that. The lawn care for sure on big jobs, just moved and built a house here three years ago, so I dont really have much local contact. Came down from Lebanon-Enfield area. Jones and Jones does alot around Northfield and Tilton. He seems like really nice guy. P.M. me with a phone and contact if you want. Are ya old enough for a beer or two??:drinkup:

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
Do you know a JM Carr Landscaping??
Also, Isnt Tasker a big guy up there to doing a lot of the estates??
Ya im familiar with Carr. Out of Canterbury? And ya Tasker is a huge company in the Concord area.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Yea dude ya, I'll be really interrested in that. The lawn care for sure on big jobs, just moved and built a house here three years ago, so I dont really have much local contact. Came down from Lebanon-Enfield area. Jones and Jones does alot around Northfield and Tilton. He seems like really nice guy. P.M. me with a phone and contact if you want. Are ya old enough for a beer or two??:drinkup:

Im Familiar with the location of Jones & Jones but never met him or seen his work. Haha definetly old enough for a drink

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
02-28-2007, 10:47 PM
Im Familiar with the location of Jones & Jones but never met him or seen his work. Haha definetly old enough for a drink also my # is 603-393-7568. haven't quite figured out the pm on this site just yet.:)

hotshot4819
03-01-2007, 09:59 PM
Hey guys, i am the owner of a hydroseeding company, near portsmouth,nh will travel pretty much anywhere, if its slightly more distance then usually i will still do it, i will just do it on a day that i set aside for something like that. if you have any questions feel free to call me anytime. 603-767-7580, company name is Messiers Hydroseeding & property Enhancment .
PS: i have special programs for contracters that expect to use me for over a certain sq ft. but we can talk details if your interested

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey guys, i am the owner of a hydroseeding company, near portsmouth,nh will travel pretty much anywhere, if its slightly more distance then usually i will still do it, i will just do it on a day that i set aside for something like that. if you have any questions feel free to call me anytime. 603-767-7580, company name is Messiers Hydroseeding & property Enhancment .
PS: i have special programs for contracters that expect to use me for over a certain sq ft. but we can talk details if your interested

will keep in mind :)

hotshot4819
03-06-2007, 03:44 PM
alrighty thats all i ask

mcwlandscaping
03-06-2007, 03:46 PM
nashua here!

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-06-2007, 04:07 PM
i can't imagine how much competition there is in Nashua

N.H.BOY
03-07-2007, 02:54 PM
nashua here!

Hey my brother works for C.L.M. down there!! Are you still in school??

GreenMonster
03-07-2007, 03:18 PM
Kingsbury, I'm on the East side of Winni. I'm familiar with your area.

Sent ya a pm

TSG
03-07-2007, 04:26 PM
Hello from Lincoln NH

Alan

T. Matthews
03-07-2007, 04:36 PM
Dunstable here right on the border on Nashua. Been doing maintenance for 14 years now part time. Full time firefighter/ emt

TSG
03-07-2007, 04:43 PM
With 4 feet of snow outside it is tough to think of mowing,,,,

mcwlandscaping
03-07-2007, 06:10 PM
Hey my brother works for C.L.M. down there!! Are you still in school??
yup! sophomore in high school!

kingsberrylandscapellc: like anywhere else, in the spring and fall you see all the POS trucks out with the hacks in them trying to start up their "business" to never see that truck again. Main companies right here are morins (largest by far) and lynches. You also see the occational Regis, Dube, or ekstrom truck. There are probably a few others. Never lived/worked elsewhere so i couldn't compare it!

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-07-2007, 08:36 PM
With 4 feet of snow outside it is tough to think of mowing,,,,

haha i know.... 50's this weekend and next week thoguh! Amen spring might be on the way!

RedMax Man
03-08-2007, 08:03 PM
yup! sophomore in high school!

kingsberrylandscapellc: like anywhere else, in the spring and fall you see all the POS trucks out with the hacks in them trying to start up their "business" to never see that truck again. Main companies right here are morins (largest by far) and lynches. You also see the occational Regis, Dube, or ekstrom truck. There are probably a few others. Never lived/worked elsewhere so i couldn't compare it!

Ya, I've seen Morins around. I saw one of the crews once as far south as the bottom of route 3 in MA. I was at someones house in Amhurst NH, they lived in an elderly sub div. and were telling how Morins does a really good job of maintaining their grounds and doing installs.

Oh ya i'm on the Lowell/Dracut line in MA. Very close to southern NH ( Salem, Nashua, Pelham).

mcwlandscaping
03-08-2007, 08:22 PM
Ya, I've seen Morins around. I saw one of the crews once as far south as the bottom of route 3 in MA. I was at someones house in Amhurst NH, they lived in an elderly sub div. and were telling how Morins does a really good job of maintaining their grounds and doing installs.

Oh ya i'm on the Lowell/Dracut line in MA. Very close to southern NH ( Salem, Nashua, Pelham).
yup! i actually got to spend a day with tommy morin this past fall for school, that was a lot of fun and really got to see how their operation worked! They have things running like a top in there, its incredible!

btw, jamesgateslandscaping and i are going to be planning an LS get together in nashua sometime soon! so hope you can make it... (date/time/location tba)

RedMax Man
03-08-2007, 08:46 PM
yup! i actually got to spend a day with tommy morin this past fall for school, that was a lot of fun and really got to see how their operation worked! They have things running like a top in there, its incredible!

btw, jamesgateslandscaping and i are going to be planning an LS get together in nashua sometime soon! so hope you can make it... (date/time/location tba)

Did you jobshadow him or something? Ya they seem very efficiant, they also have a landscape material sales place where they sell plants mulch etc.
That would be great to have a get together for in this area. Mystic, All-Pro and I were talking about doing that also. Lets wait for some warmer weather though like April still kinda nasty out there.

mcwlandscaping
03-08-2007, 09:30 PM
yup, got to job shadow him and the head crew leader guy there as well, man did we have A LOT of fun!!!!

Get together will probably be early april

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-08-2007, 10:24 PM
get together sounds cool

N.H.BOY
03-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Hello from Lincoln NH

Alan

Hey bud--have many lawns up in that neck of the woods?? You have to deal with alot of moose dropins huh:laugh: Nice area up there. How much snow??

coastalscapes
03-10-2007, 11:10 AM
Portsmouth NH, Starting 2nd Season Full Time.:cool2: I found this site on google, it is great!

Looking for a reasonably priced:cry: dump truck w/ 4x4 if anyone has seen or knows of one!

Have a great season guys! Good Luck, & Happy St. Paddy's Day!:drinkup:

N.H.BOY
03-10-2007, 04:18 PM
Welcome COASTALSCAPES good luck also this season!!!!

hotshot4819
03-10-2007, 05:35 PM
hey coastal, are you guys running red dumptrucks with goldish lettering by any chance. if so i have seen you trucks around dover,nh alot. there is a nice white 4x4 dump chevy 3500 around here . 32000 miles and i think they want 20... what kind of services do you guys offer?

RedMax Man
03-10-2007, 05:43 PM
yup, got to job shadow him and the head crew leader guy there as well, man did we have A LOT of fun!!!!

Get together will probably be early april

Sounds good. We'll stay in touch.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-10-2007, 05:50 PM
Welcome COASTALSCAPES good luck also this season!!!!

x2

haha and a dump truck would be nice... oh well maybe in the future...

coastalscapes
03-10-2007, 09:28 PM
hey coastal, are you guys running red dumptrucks with goldish lettering by any chance. if so i have seen you trucks around dover,nh alot. there is a nice white 4x4 dump chevy 3500 around here . 32000 miles and i think they want 20... what kind of services do you guys offer?

Sorry, we run Ford Trucks!

Services that we offer include but are not limited to:

Landscape Design, Installation, & Maintenance
Hardscapes, Walls, Walks, & Patios
Lawn Mowing, Trimming & Edging
Hedge & Ornamental Shrub Trimming
Bed Edging, Mulching & Decorative Stone
Aeration/De-thatching
Lawn Fertilization
Spring Cleanup/ Fall Cleanup
Commercial Winter Management
Snow Plowing Commercial/Residential
Sanding, Salting, & Ice Melt Application

coastalscapes
03-10-2007, 09:35 PM

Hey Hot Shot! :cool2: PM me your Business info and phone # I am looking to sub my hydro seeding:)

I would like to talk further about the possibilities if you are looking to pick up any more work in the Seacoast area.

Let me know...

coastalscapes
03-10-2007, 09:47 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone:) ! Good Luck this season! Grape Fruit League Basball is here, spring cleanups are not far behind!:cool2: GO SOX:drinkup:

hotshot4819
03-11-2007, 10:12 AM
Hey Hot Shot! :cool2: PM me your Business info and phone # I am looking to sub my hydro seeding:)

I would like to talk further about the possibilities if you are looking to pick up any more work in the Seacoast area.

Let me know...

Hey coastal, i am very interested in doing your hydroseeding work, I do 100% wood, 70/30 mix, bonded fiber matrix (erosion control) and even dust control. will travel anywhere for the most part, i tent to stay out of mass, but will if there is a need. feel free to call me 1-603-767-7580. just ask for Zach . thanks ahead of time, and look forward to doing business with you.

coastalscapes
03-11-2007, 10:45 AM
Hot Shot,:waving: I will give you a call in the next week or so! I would like to hear more about your business!

hotshot4819
03-11-2007, 11:25 AM
coastal, i would pm you however i have no idea how to on this site. if you have aol or aim my screen name is messiershydro , ill look forward to your call.

Ground Effects NH
03-11-2007, 11:42 AM
Hello we are just North of Concord. The Franklin / Salisbury line. Nice to see such a turnout for NH

N.H.BOY
03-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Hello we are just North of Concord. The Franklin / Salisbury line. Nice to see such a turnout for NH

Hey bud Northfield here. Got alot of contracts for this year?? Need to get rind of any?:laugh: Nice to see area folks on here, Kingsbury is around your area also I think. Good luck this year and hopefully this snow will melt soon>

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Hey bud Northfield here. Got alot of contracts for this year?? Need to get rind of any?:laugh: Nice to see area folks on here, Kingsbury is around your area also I think. Good luck this year and hopefully this snow will melt soon>

Ya im moving in a month to the Franklin/Hill line. Doesnt seem to be much work in that area though.

N.H.BOY
03-11-2007, 05:46 PM
Ya im moving in a month to the Franklin/Hill line. Doesnt seem to be much work in that area though.

Yup you got that right. I'll hitting the ad's next week.

Keith1981
03-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Hello, Im just beginning my business this year in Bedford. I have been doing a lot of research on all aspects of the business. I have several unanswered questions though. I registered my business name with the secretary of state. Do I need to get a state license? I'm pretty sure I don't need one for my town. Also. I was wondering what the going rate was for basic lawn care in NH. Mow, trim, and blow deal. any help on this would be much appreciated.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-11-2007, 08:25 PM
Yup you got that right. I'll hitting the ad's next week.
ya i still need to meet up when it works out for us both:drinkup:

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-11-2007, 08:33 PM
Hello, Im just beginning my business this year in Bedford. I have been doing a lot of research on all aspects of the business. I have several unanswered questions though. I registered my business name with the secretary of state. Do I need to get a state license? I'm pretty sure I don't need one for my town. Also. I was wondering what the going rate was for basic lawn care in NH. Mow, trim, and blow deal. any help on this would be much appreciated.
Bedford area... LOTS of $ to be made there! Im looking to find some work down that area myself.
All i ever did was register my name. Of course don't forget insurance!
The going rate would depend on your overhead/expenses. Some people do it cheaper because they can afford to. Most smaller lawns i have seen go for 35-50 depending on your costs and or the company. Also some people run a "mow, blow, and go" business. Others invest a few extra minutes and include some weeding, raking over mulch, dead heading flowers, etc. I know some that include this as part of the mow job and thats why they charge a few extra bucks. Also some charge extra for bagging and removal of grass clippings.
Welcome to the business though! It is very rewarding in many ways. It just takes a little time to figure out how it all runs and the proper amount to charge a person so you aren't over or under charging.

Keith1981
03-11-2007, 09:53 PM
thanks. much appreciated.

Keith1981
03-11-2007, 09:55 PM
What kind of insurance are you speaking of? I was thinking of getting contractor general liabilty. Also does anyone here in NH have any used equipment they are trying to get rid of?

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-11-2007, 11:11 PM
ya all i will have in contractor gen liability. I drop it in winter because i wont use it. Not to many places carry used equipment (and most places i know if it is used you dont want it). I am however checking with a landscape company on 2 48" Scags they had for sale last fall. They run, but definetly have been used. $600 each with the bagger last i knew. Im only looking for one so if they have both i will let you know:).
Also just starting out you wont need to much really. Last year i only used a 36" walk behind. It did the job and worked well for getting into fenced yards. I just plan on picking up the 48" and a velke/sulky for some of the larger jobs. I just cant afford a zero turn plus i like the versatility of 2 walk behinds for now. And anything larger than that i'll pass on or work with a local smaller landscape company and such.

GreenMonster
03-12-2007, 07:29 AM
Hey Coastal & Hotshot, we do some work in the Tri-City. Maybe we'll see you around this summer. Good luck this year.

hotshot4819
03-12-2007, 08:37 AM
greenmonster, what services do you offer? what kind of vehicles do you guys use, maybe ive seen you before, name of company?

GreenMonster
03-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Hotshot, we're full service, but only do install south of Rochester. Primarily hardscape, but softscape, irrigation, lighting as well.

Trucks are green or white. Company is Green Monster Landscapes.

Ground Effects NH
03-12-2007, 09:25 AM

We have a full schedule for maintenance.

Bill

Ground Effects NH
03-12-2007, 09:44 AM

No your definitely in a quite area. Welcome, May see you around some time.

Bill

mcwlandscaping
03-12-2007, 10:25 PM
bump for the NH thread!!!! guys keep a heads up in a couple weeks for the announcement of the new england get together

TSG
03-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Hey Folks
I am looking for quotes for insurance.
So far it looks like for 1M of liability and 20K of equipmet
I am looking at about 1,000/yr
This looks high,,,,,what do you think?
Who are you folks using
Thanks for your time
Alan

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-13-2007, 09:49 AM
bump for the NH thread!!!! guys keep a heads up in a couple weeks for the announcement of the new england get together

Do we have any idea where it is happening?

coastalscapes
03-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Bump to the top! :) This site is a great tool, and a wonderful way to network with your peers. I am very happy that I have found it. A New England get together sounds like it would be a great way to put faces with names. I'll be there!:cool2:

MaineFert
03-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Hey guys, I am not in NH, but in Portland, ME. Close enough?? I am in the Dover area all the time, and its nice to see a presence here from New England. We are a full service design/build company with a lawn care service. Fert, weed control IPM etc. We also represent Nutrients PLUS organci fertilizers if you guys are interested. Anyway good luck with the get together!
Take Care

GreenMonster
03-13-2007, 08:15 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for 1, possibly two full-time employees for this season. I would prefer some guys with experience but I can train too. if you guys know of anyone good that you can't use, send them my way.

RedMax Man
03-13-2007, 08:23 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for 1, possibly two full-time employees for this season. I would prefer some guys with experience but I can train too. if you guys know of anyone good that you can't use, send them my way.

I'd love to work for you but it looks like i will be pretty busy with my own biz.

Keith1981
03-13-2007, 11:11 PM
What company do you guys use for your contractor general liability insurance? I've been looking around and im having a hard time finding some.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-14-2007, 09:55 AM
Just curious who everyone gets their plant material from? Didn't know if you guys were using local nurseries or Van Burkem, Pleasent View, and Milligans?

MaineFert
03-14-2007, 09:58 AM
We have been using Millican for special orders of larger material, but there is a nice play up here in Maine that deals direct to wholesale buyers and will probably deliver to NH. The company is called HortResource check out their website or give them a call and they can send plant availability to you.
www.hortresource.com

Ground Effects NH
03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
We use Millican's

Bill

GreenMonster
03-14-2007, 05:39 PM
I use Northern Nurseries for a lot of stock

Ground Effects NH
03-14-2007, 06:14 PM
GreenMonster

I know your a fan of Techo-bloc. Have you seen the commercials on ch 9 the last few day's? We were shown them at the seminar.

Bill

GreenMonster
03-14-2007, 07:32 PM
GreenMonster

I know your a fan of Techo-bloc. Have you seen the commercials on ch 9 the last few day's? We were shown them at the seminar.

Bill

funny, Adam and I were just talking about that today. Neither one of us have seen the commericials yet. What time have they been showing at? After the nightly news, I turn Ch 9 off.

I hope the end of the commerical tells the view to call an 800 number for the nearest local contractor! payup

Ground Effects NH
03-14-2007, 08:54 PM
funny, Adam and I were just talking about that today. Neither one of us have seen the commericials yet. What time have they been showing at? After the nightly news, I turn Ch 9 off.

I hope the end of the commerical tells the view to call an 800 number for the nearest local contractor! payup

Seen two so far,The spelling bee and the mansion with butler. I believe there are 3 total. Viewed one around 7:00 am the other around 6:00 pm.
Very quick only about 15 sec. Did not see any 8oo number yet.

Bill

N.H.BOY
03-14-2007, 09:06 PM
I'm guessing Techo-bloc is Hardscape talk right???:confused: I dont hear that on the morning buzz:laugh:

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-14-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm guessing Techo-bloc is Hardscape talk right???:confused: I dont hear that on the morning buzz:laugh:

haha same here. definetly sounds hardscape ;). think i may have seen something about them at NE Grows

N.H.BOY
03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Holy crap--have some snow. 7:00 and we already got bout 5". Snow plow is on and I'm ready to go-go-go. Alot of bad accident out there. N.H. guys be careful.

GreenMonster
03-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Holy crap--have some snow. 7:00 and we already got bout 5". Snow plow is on and I'm ready to go-go-go. Alot of bad accident out there. N.H. guys be careful.

yes, everyone be safe. We didn't need this sh!t, that's for sure.

BTW, I saw the Techo commercial tonite NHBOY :clapping:

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-16-2007, 09:35 PM
yes, everyone be safe. We didn't need this sh!t, that's for sure.

BTW, I saw the Techo commercial tonite NHBOY :clapping:

x2 on not needing this crap. i thought cleanups were so close... oh well.
whats this techo commercial?

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-16-2007, 09:40 PM
Scott (NHBOY) heres more on the tech-bloc http://www.techo-bloc.com/

Ground Effects NH
03-18-2007, 07:46 AM
That storm was a money maker! Now the phone ring's for the salting.
AAAAAAAHHHHHH I love N.H. :dancing: How did you guy's make out? 21hr's in the truck and nothing broke.

N.H.BOY
03-18-2007, 12:42 PM
Yea snow was pretty heavy up this way. Had to took alittle more time to "push" and "up" on the snowbanks. Nice and easy though. It sucked on the soft dirt drives, had to put the shoes on the plow for those.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-18-2007, 10:07 PM
Hi Guys, Another NH guy here.. just stopped by to say HI..

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Hi Guys, Another NH guy here.. just stopped by to say HI..

Hey! I have seen you around the lake a few times. Nice to see another local. Strange most of the NH companies on here are from lakes region.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-19-2007, 01:18 PM
Hey! I have seen you around the lake a few times. Nice to see another local. Strange most of the NH companies on here are from lakes region.

Ya Im usually driving all over the place around here. It good to have some local guys to chat with from the area. Whats going on with this snow? another 1-3 tonite. Im all set with plowing , I want to get to some real work.
How about you guys???

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Amen to that! i have cabin fever! cant wait to get out there and make some real $ and not be sitting indoors.

N.H.BOY
03-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Amen to that! i have cabin fever! cant wait to get out there and make some real $ and not be sitting indoors.

Jason-- What to grab a beer this week??

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-19-2007, 05:42 PM
So what towns do you guys work out of?
My name is Ken by the way...

hotshot4819
03-19-2007, 07:32 PM
jeez where dont i drive, anywhere from maine to exeter, gilford,hampton, hmmm, i think the better question is where dont i drive and work

hotshot4819
03-19-2007, 07:33 PM
coastal, im still waiting for that call, id be interested in getting together, deff want to work with you in the future

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-19-2007, 07:47 PM

soon to be out of Hill NH. my work is in Concord, Tilton, Laconia, Belmont, and Wiers Beach. Looking to get some work in Gilford and as far down as Bedford (lots of $ to be made there).

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-19-2007, 07:48 PM
Jason-- What to grab a beer this week??
busy week with moving. Does next monday or tuesday night work?

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-19-2007, 07:51 PM
do we have any details on this as of late?

N.H.BOY
03-20-2007, 08:58 AM

I live in NORTHFIELD moved here and built house 2 years ago. Came from LEBANON/ENFIELD area. I do this part time for now and have work in this area and a few comm. ones up in PLYMOUTH. I need to get more for sure. I have a few ad's out already. Snow suck's right know!!!!:cry:

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-20-2007, 09:05 AM
Hi N.H.Boy Nice to meet ya.
I live in Holderness bought my house this past sept. I mainly stay around the meredith,moult,laconia ,gilford, new hampton area for my mowing accts, but travel around to do other things. How does the Plymouth area work out for you, I am going to start advertising up that way for skid steer work. I wanted try to get some mowing up that way but with my luck I would only get 1 or 2 accts up that way and not be worth my time to drive up there.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
I live in NORTHFIELD moved here and built house 2 years ago. Came from LEBANON/ENFIELD area. I do this part time for now and have work in this area and a few comm. ones up in PLYMOUTH. I need to get more for sure. I have a few ad's out already. Snow suck's right know!!!!:cry:
Scott where or what have you been using for advertising?

N.H.BOY
03-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi N.H.Boy Nice to meet ya.
I live in Holderness bought my house this past sept. I mainly stay around the meredith,moult,laconia ,gilford, new hampton area for my mowing accts, but travel around to do other things. How does the Plymouth area work out for you, I am going to start advertising up that way for skid steer work. I wanted try to get some mowing up that way but with my luck I would only get 1 or 2 accts up that way and not be worth my time to drive up there.

HOLDERNESS- I have a great account across from that prep. school Nice flat lawn no trimming. Great people also. I have luck with some comm. accounts up there, but I know what you mean by driveing up there. My f-250 gets 10-11 mpg with my trailer on it. If I get a few more down this way I'll set ya up with some up there.

N.H.BOY
03-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Scott where or what have you been using for advertising?

Jason-- Ive got an ad in the CITIZEN for 5 weeks and I put a HOLD on an ad in the concord monitor and also the PENNY SAVER. With this past snow I called both up and said wait a few weeks. I am hope this snow melts fast so I can get going. No mailings at all. We will see what the papers do this year.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-20-2007, 12:54 PM
HOLDERNESS- I have a great account across from that prep. school Nice flat lawn no trimming. Great people also. I have luck with some comm. accounts up there, but I know what you mean by driveing up there. My f-250 gets 10-11 mpg with my trailer on it. If I get a few more down this way I'll set ya up with some up there.

Ya I know right where you mean across from the school . i drive by there a coulpe times a week. I live on the other side of town from there. near the Squam Lakes assoc building. I hear ya on the gas, if it gets much higher this summer is going to be an expensive one.
Anybody going to the landscape show tomorrow at MB tractor? Im gonna go to look at all the stuff I would like to buy for this season, that I probably wont buy...lol
Ya set me up with your #'s and if i get any calls from down that way ill send them out to ya.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-20-2007, 12:57 PM
Ya I know right where you mean across from the school . i drive by there a coulpe times a week. I live on the other side of town from there. near the Squam Lakes assoc building. I hear ya on the gas, if it gets much higher this summer is going to be an expensive one.
Anybody going to the landscape show tomorrow at MB tractor? Im gonna go to look at all the stuff I would like to buy for this season, that I probably wont buy...lol
Ya set me up with your #'s and if i get any calls from down that way ill send them out to ya.

the MB in TIlton? is there a time or is it all day? Might have to check it out if i get a few minutes to spare.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-20-2007, 01:00 PM
yes the one in Tilton. I think its all day. they called me yesterday to "invite" me over. I thik they said from 10-5pm. I figure I have nothing else going unless it snows....

TSG
03-20-2007, 05:47 PM
NH Boy
I work For the Prep school in the Winter/Spring and know the area well.
I am sure we will bump into each other from time to time
We should get together for coffe sometime.
Maybe I will see you at MB tomorrow
Alan

N.H.BOY
03-20-2007, 06:25 PM
NH Boy
I work For the Prep school in the Winter/Spring and know the area well.
I am sure we will bump into each other from time to time
We should get together for coffe sometime.
Maybe I will see you at MB tomorrow
Alan

Yes I'll be there I am HASKINS HOME MAINTENANCE BLack truck yellow letters I'll have my shirt on with the same logo. Hope to see some of you guys there. :waving:

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-20-2007, 06:47 PM
does anyone going to MB have a rough idea what time they will be there? i have to be somewhere at 2pm but if anyone is going to be there before i can try to meet up.

coastalscapes
03-20-2007, 06:51 PM
coastal, im still waiting for that call, id be interested in getting together, deff want to work with you in the future

Hot shot, I will be calling, I haven't fogotten, I have just been so busy that I didn't want to call and not have alot of time to talk.

hotshot4819
03-20-2007, 07:19 PM
coastal, i hear you there, im really pushing the the residential this year, and am trying to gain more contracters, so ive been busy also. im going to do alot more sliceseeding/overseeding, then i did last year. and hopefully will be offering organic lawns this year also, should be getting the word with the supplier tomarrow, so that will open up a while new field for me. im going to try to schedule alot of the smaller touch up services and cram them in one or 2 days a week, last year i didnt take on as many because i was busy but this year im just gonna take them all and just manage my time better. that is the hardest thing in this industry i think , time management. seems like we are always running around with our heads cut off

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-20-2007, 07:29 PM
does anyone going to MB have a rough idea what time they will be there? i have to be somewhere at 2pm but if anyone is going to be there before i can try to meet up.

I think thats about the time ill be around there. got to hit the depot and piche's on the way but about the same time frame....

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-20-2007, 10:59 PM
coastal, i hear you there, im really pushing the the residential this year, and am trying to gain more contracters, so ive been busy also. im going to do alot more sliceseeding/overseeding, then i did last year. and hopefully will be offering organic lawns this year also, should be getting the word with the supplier tomarrow, so that will open up a while new field for me. im going to try to schedule alot of the smaller touch up services and cram them in one or 2 days a week, last year i didnt take on as many because i was busy but this year im just gonna take them all and just manage my time better. that is the hardest thing in this industry i think , time management. seems like we are always running around with our heads cut off

I'd be interested in learning more about organic lawns.

hotshot4819
03-21-2007, 07:25 AM
well, its product i found, its out of new mexico, called soil secrets, its very difficult to get up here but i think i finally got it organized and figured out. this comapny is the only company in the world that can mass produce humus, they figured it out somehow, and they have another product called protien crumbles that you apply one your first initail spray, and then 2 to 3 times a year after that. never a need to use fertilizer again, because that one ruin the whole purpose, however once the initial application of the humus is done, the fallow up services are fairly reasonably prices, i am going to assume the normal cost of a fertilizing program. the crumbles could be appled by yourself with a spreader if you were to want to do it yourself. if this is suthing your interested in still i can get you the site, and i should be getting a load in the next few weeks and would be more then willing to show you how it works. this can be used to new lawn installes can be oversprayed on old exsisting lawns and even trees and plants.

Jamesgateslandscaping
03-21-2007, 08:46 AM
Get together will be in a couple weeks guys, one the snow has melt and ground has thawed so the mud dissipates. May be doing it at my house so I can display my equipment or perhaps a local park or something, we'll see.
We are a full service company in Amherst, if any one is interested or knows anyone I am looking for a foreman for my mowing crew and another full time guy because we are hooking up with some bigger commercial props this year and I need the support.
Great pay, incentives, and some other good stuff, PM me for info.
We are always willing to offer sub-contracting work also, newest purchase was a harley rake for my tractor, with the hydroseeder we would do some damage to a lawn installation in meer hours.
Thanks guys
James

MaineFert
03-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Hey guys, if you are interested in organics let me know. We are using them as part of our lawn care division and have had nice results with the products. We are also right in Portland, Maine and I am in New Hampshire pretty much weekly, so let me know if you want some info. Looks like we will be delayed a bit longer with our LC and installs...but at least the mountains are still open.

Take Care

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-21-2007, 09:39 AM
:) well, its product i found, its out of new mexico, called soil secrets, its very difficult to get up here but i think i finally got it organized and figured out. this comapny is the only company in the world that can mass produce humus, they figured it out somehow, and they have another product called protien crumbles that you apply one your first initail spray, and then 2 to 3 times a year after that. never a need to use fertilizer again, because that one ruin the whole purpose, however once the initial application of the humus is done, the fallow up services are fairly reasonably prices, i am going to assume the normal cost of a fertilizing program. the crumbles could be appled by yourself with a spreader if you were to want to do it yourself. if this is suthing your interested in still i can get you the site, and i should be getting a load in the next few weeks and would be more then willing to show you how it works. this can be used to new lawn installes can be oversprayed on old exsisting lawns and even trees and plants.
Definetly interested in knowing more and a demo would be awesome!

hotshot4819
03-21-2007, 02:15 PM
give me a call, 767-2140. call me anytime, if you want to talk other then here you can e-mail me at messiershydro@hotmail.com , once we talk we will schedule it depending on the weather,lets plan 2 weeks or so .

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-21-2007, 08:18 PM
What did everyone think of the landscape "show" at MB today? I ran into "A-Cut-Above". Definetly a cool guy!

TSG
03-21-2007, 08:43 PM
I wanna a wright standar ??????????

Alan

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-21-2007, 10:06 PM
The show was the same as last yr.not much new that I could see. The Walker with the lift on is pretty cool.
Jason nice to meet you also. It good to meet up with others in our field and shoot the sh*t. Never know if we all can help each other out in one way or another its good for all of us.

N.H.BOY
03-22-2007, 09:07 AM
The show was the same as last yr.not much new that I could see. The Walker with the lift on is pretty cool.
Jason nice to meet you also. It good to meet up with others in our field and shoot the sh*t. Never know if we all can help each other out in one way or another its good for all of us.

Oh-no I missed both of you guys I was there around noon to get the wings and also free food. Alot of landscapers from around the "BIG" lake were there. I was by myself and knew no-one. It really did not seem like really good prices though!! What did you guys think? They did have two nice exmarks I thought that were used and good prices on them. I'm still have with my TANK 54!!!

GreenMonster
03-22-2007, 09:13 AM
Get together will be in a couple weeks guys, one the snow has melt and ground has thawed so the mud dissipates. May be doing it at my house so I can display my equipment or perhaps a local park or something, we'll see.
We are a full service company in Amherst

Amherst?!?!! Boo, Hiss!!! LOL Too far away for all us Lakes Regions guys. :waving:

Ground Effects NH
03-22-2007, 09:37 AM
The show was the same as last yr.not much new that I could see.

Your right! Been looking at a plate compactor, was told come to the show and save hundreds. Ya sure, waste of time IMO.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-22-2007, 09:37 AM
I wanna a wright standar ??????????

Alan
I'd love one if all my properties were flat. Standers suck on hills. And to me its the same as a walk behind with a sulky/valkey/skid plate.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-22-2007, 09:42 AM
Oh-no I missed both of you guys I was there around noon to get the wings and also free food. Alot of landscapers from around the "BIG" lake were there. I was by myself and knew no-one. It really did not seem like really good prices though!! What did you guys think? They did have two nice exmarks I thought that were used and good prices on them. I'm still have with my TANK 54!!!

Prices sucked! Not much of a savings. The few used walk behinds outside had some good prices. they were all less than a grand. Ya Scott, I didn't know anyone either, ran into A-CUt-Above right as i was about to head out. Still got the free food though ;). I had a Tank 54 when i used to work for a different company. Damn nice machine! Don't see many of them around here. If i remember right it's made my Cub Cadet right?

N.H.BOY
03-22-2007, 10:09 AM
Prices sucked! Not much of a savings. The few used walk behinds outside had some good prices. they were all less than a grand. Ya Scott, I didn't know anyone either, ran into A-CUt-Above right as i was about to head out. Still got the free food though ;). I had a Tank 54 when i used to work for a different company. Damn nice machine! Don't see many of them around here. If i remember right it's made my Cub Cadet right?

Cub cadet right! I got it a few years back as a demo ride at A-1 over in WEARE! I have had no prom. with it so far love it alot. Wish ther were more dealers around. Oh well!! Need to get rid of this snow:dizzy:

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-22-2007, 10:10 AM
Ya the prices were nothing spectular to say the least. But I guess thats how you try and make up for a bad winter??? LOL Surprisingly there wasnt much for used stuff. I figured there would of been more, or they just havent gotten much in for trades so far this season. They are doing the same show up at the Conway branch next wednesday. So if your in the area you can get another free lunch...lol if its worth the drive up there.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-22-2007, 10:13 AM
What other places do you guys by equiptment at? I know there is a place down in Concord. I use Ricter (sp) in Moulotonboro for repairs and I will probably buy stuff from him when the time comes that I need new equiptment.

Jamesgateslandscaping
03-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Amherst?!?!! Boo, Hiss!!! LOL Too far away for all us Lakes Regions guys. :waving:

:cry: :cry: That hurt Mark, that hurt:cry: :cry:
LOL hahaha:laugh:
Its only an hour.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-22-2007, 10:41 AM
Ya the place here in Concord in Greenlands. Not very cheap in my opinion! And it takes them longer to get things done.
I recommend Belmont hardware! The guys there are awesome at getting things done for you on time and if they have a demo mower around they sometimes loan it out to you to keep you going for the day so you can get things done while they do your repair. They are the cheapest around as well for repairs and wont sell you anything you dont need. They also have good deals on mowers like Hustler, Encore, ... and more if i remember. They also carry Redmax as well. A little bit of a trip for some of the people around the lake but IMO they are the only ones I will use.
I also use to use Arts Power Equipment, but then he sold out to MB in Tilton and works there now. So if I ever have a reason to do business there I would go through him.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-22-2007, 10:46 AM
Y I was suprised when Art went there. I was in Art's a couple weeks before he closed and never heard anything about it. then next thing I hear is he went there. MB must of made him 1 hell of an offer. I have been into Belmont once to look around. seemed pretty good, the stuff they had. And not to bad of a ride from up here only bout 30 mins or so.

N.H.BOY
03-22-2007, 10:50 AM
Never been into Belmont hardware. Seem small when I go by. Maybe that is it smaller the better:laugh: Jason are'nt you moving. How do you have time to play on this:nono: My wife would be telling me to box stuff up for the move. Good luck with that.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-22-2007, 10:52 AM
I worked for a company that took over Arts old shop and ran a small landscape business and a green house out of it. He rented it out to us. He bit off more than he could chew when he moved to that new building and tried to sell the lifted golf carts and other things that didnt work out for him. The funny thing is i talked to him a few weeks before and he said he would "never sell out to "MB". Few weeks later he was gone and not only that he started working for them. MB also bought out Lachanche's landscaping and talks about some construction company. Kinda makes it hard to go to your competition to get your machines worked on.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-22-2007, 10:54 AM
Never been into Belmont hardware. Seem small when I go by. Maybe that is it smaller the better:laugh: Jason are'nt you moving. How do you have time to play on this:nono: My wife would be telling me to box stuff up for the move. Good luck with that.
Haha ya it got set back a month or so now. Good thing i didnt pack anything important!

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
I heard that he didnt end up buying Lachanc's cause a bunch of the landscapers said they wouldnt come to MB for equiptment if he did. Thats not to say that he didnt buy it under another name. Im sure he has fingers in lots of things. But I guess its smart buisness on his part. But to try to put us out of buisness by doing it can only hurt him in the long run. my .02

TSG
03-22-2007, 11:30 AM
For Cub Cadets you get at a dealer at the near the epsom traffic circle.

I bought the 36 used Bob Cat/ w grass gobler under the tent,,,,,
No downside on that one
Alan

N.H.BOY
03-22-2007, 11:32 AM

No downside on that one
Alan

Alan the bobcat at MB?? for 800 bucks??

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-22-2007, 02:47 PM

No downside on that one
Alan

That was a good deal! and the scag for 500 wasnt bad.

TSG
03-22-2007, 02:54 PM

Yup
They are going to go right thru it for me,,,It was a trade in
I think I finally got lucky

N.H.BOY
03-22-2007, 03:08 PM

Yup
They are going to go right thru it for me,,,It was a trade in
I think I finally got lucky

The only thing that I did not like was that it is a BELT DRIVE:cry: I've got a ferris belt drive w/b and it kills on your hands. I'm 37 years old:laugh: I only use it 1-2 on lawns. But yes it seems like you got a good deal. Let us know how the old girl runs!!

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-22-2007, 03:30 PM
If any of you guys see a decent rack truck in your travels for under $10,000let me know would ya? I looked at that bobcat... didnt seem to bad. But I needed a 21 more than i needed that. So I gota good deal on a Toro. Went to the depot and they had some left overs from last season. a $369 machine for $248 ,th e few place I use one of those its good enough for me....

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-23-2007, 09:37 AM
anyone have a thatcher or aerator? I normally just rent one from Tailer but i was curious if anyone had their own.

Ground Effects NH
03-23-2007, 09:53 AM
We run Jarco thatchers, rent the core aerator in the fall when applying lime.

hotshot4819
03-23-2007, 11:35 AM
coastal and kingsbury, if you decide to call me, my number is 767-2140 now, i had to cancle my personal like which is the one i gave the first time because i switched to sprint, my other carrier cingular sucked, kept dropping calls. so coastal whenever you decide to call, this is the new number, and kingsbury, when you want that demo let me know.
zach messier

coastalscapes
03-23-2007, 02:08 PM
anyone have a thatcher or aerator? I normally just rent one from Tailer but i was curious if anyone had their own.

I have a JRCO De-Thatcher :weightlifter: and a Trac Vac for P/U I also picked up a core aerator from a rental shop for a decent price.(Barely used! I think that I was the only one that ever rented it!) The Aerator will pay for itself this season. It's a nice blue bird walk behind. Owning it will save me time on going to the rental shop, returning it, and the rental fee itself + now I won't have to worry about grouping aeration into one week or one day. I can aerate, overseed and fert in one stop!

TSG
03-23-2007, 02:33 PM
I have the front mount de-thatcher for the from on my xmark

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-23-2007, 02:34 PM
I have a JRCO De-Thatcher :weightlifter: and a Trac Vac for P/U I also picked up a core aerator from a rental shop for a decent price.(Barely used! I think that I was the only one that ever rented it!) The Aerator will pay for itself this season. It's a nice blue bird walk behind. Owning it will save me time on going to the rental shop, returning it, and the rental fee itself + now I won't have to worry about grouping aeration into one week or one day. I can aerate, overseed and fert in one stop!

same deal here! i think im going to look into trying to find a used thatcher and aerator. anyone finds a deal on one let me know :)

coastalscapes
03-23-2007, 03:07 PM
same deal here! i think I'm going to look into trying to find a used thatcher and aerator. anyone finds a deal on one let me know :)

I'll let you know if I see another for sale, I am right in Portsmouth, so it would be a short drive for you. I am looking for a reasonably priced 1 ton dump truck if you see any for sale on the side of the road for 15,000 or under. Thanks!

coastalscapes
03-23-2007, 04:32 PM
same deal here! i think im going to look into trying to find a used thatcher and aerator. anyone finds a deal on one let me know :)

Get a JRCO de-thatcher!

N.H.BOY
03-23-2007, 06:39 PM
I'll let you know if I see another for sale, I am right in Portsmouth, so it would be a short drive for you. I am looking for a reasonably priced 1 ton dump truck if you see any for sale on the side of the road for 15,000 or under. Thanks!

Ford-Chevy-Dodge? does it matter cause I seen a few here in tilton by home depot and down my maquito bridge

coastalscapes
03-23-2007, 08:01 PM
Ford-Chevy-Dodge? does it matter cause I seen a few here in tilton by home depot and down my maquito bridge

Any Idea on age? Ford, Chevy, Dodge? Condition? Thanks! I appreciate the info very much!:)

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-23-2007, 09:09 PM
There is a 12' rack truck white checy 3500 at the place in tilton, I looked at it but didnt ask the price. it looked like it has been worked. I am gonna try to get over to laconia tomorrow there is a mason's dump over there a friend was telling me about today. Ill let you know the specks on that tomorrow if i dont buy it. I found a truck and made an offer on it but i figured id look at this other one anyways.
I know some one that has a tine dethatcher with out a motor on it. probably let i go cheap, if your interested.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-23-2007, 09:11 PM
There is a 12' rack truck white checy 3500 at the place in tilton, I looked at it but didnt ask the price. it looked like it has been worked. I am gonna try to get over to laconia tomorrow there is a mason's dump over there a friend was telling me about today. Ill let you know the specks on that tomorrow if i dont buy it. I found a truck and made an offer on it but i figured id look at this other one anyways.
I know some one that has a tine dethatcher with out a motor on it. probably let i go cheap, if your interested.

ya definetly let me know on the thatcher! thanks!

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-23-2007, 09:29 PM
ya ill talk to the guy tomorrow and let you know. I think it had a 3.5 hp horizontal shaft on it. He took it off to use on his log splitter. email me a # to reach you at.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-23-2007, 10:28 PM
ya ill talk to the guy tomorrow and let you know. I think it had a 3.5 hp horizontal shaft on it. He took it off to use on his log splitter. email me a # to reach you at.
the option wont come up to send you a pm. anyways its 393-7568

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Ok, I will call you when I find out.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-24-2007, 07:23 PM
I talked to the guy with the thatcher today. I was a knife dethatcher. he ripper it all apart and is going to make a wood cart out of the body of it.So its not much good for anything right now. Sorry ill keep me eyes open for ya.
I did look at a 96 chevy 3500 today dump bed a little rough but ran good for 7900 i think it was if your interested let me know ill give you directions. it is in laconia.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-24-2007, 10:28 PM
I talked to the guy with the thatcher today. I was a knife dethatcher. he ripper it all apart and is going to make a wood cart out of the body of it.So its not much good for anything right now. Sorry ill keep me eyes open for ya.
I did look at a 96 chevy 3500 today dump bed a little rough but ran good for 7900 i think it was if your interested let me know ill give you directions. it is in laconia.

no prob! thanks for keeping an eye out.:)

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 08:19 AM
Hi guys, I am looking to purchase some new or slightly used equipment in the next few weeks. I am hoping to add on a helper this summer.

This is my wish list, to see what I might be able to find. If anyone is looking to sell any equipment that they just want to let go to reduce their overhead.

a 48 or 52" walk behind with low hrs. on it /Velke?

a bed edger

a dump trailer

an enclosed trailer 18'+

Trailer attachments, gas can holders, a hedge trimmer holder, a back pack blower holder, etc. I would really like to find a basket for the front though. The trailer is an 18' carry on.

If any of you see any good deals on any of these please let me know.I would be very appreciative! Thanks!

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 08:23 AM
Can anyone please let me know what the going rate for landscapers in the NH area are? laborers, installers, foreman, etc? and are you paying them as subs or employees? What have you found to be the easiest as a business owner? Thanks.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Most places hire landscapers for as little as $8 an hour to $12 an hour starting depending on expierience, and that covers laborers, crew leaders, and installers within that range. Alot of companys also have a salary cap on laborers of $15 an hour.
I have someone who works for me now, he is treated as a "sub". FOr this reason i don't have to carry workers compensation on him, his taxes are taken care of by him, etc. It works out pretty good for me this way. As I expand in the next few years and I hire 2-3 people I will then turn them into employees. The cost on workers comp for 1 person is crazy and the more people you have the easier it is to justify the cost.

TSG
03-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Jason
Keep in mind that in the eyes of the IRS,,,he is not a sub if
he uses your equipment
Works buy your schedule
and doesn't have the ability to come and go.
He can collect unemployment if he so desires and you will be responsible for
the appropriate withholdings.
Been there, done that
Alan

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 12:32 PM
I start most of my guys at $10 and up depending on experience. Some other laborers less than $10. weeding and stuff like that. I put my fulltime employees on the books and pay taxes on them and carry all nessasary insurance. I think its better that way just incase an employee does something stupid (car accident, hits a house with a mower) or something like that. It is covered. They also get a W-2 at the end of the yr. And the payroll company takes care of paying all taxes to state and goverment as fas as the workers are concerned. the cost for the payroll company is small compared to the hassle it saves me. They call me and I just need to give them each employees hours and a check gets sent to me in the mail for each one. I just sign it and pass it on to them on payday. No worries...

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 01:20 PM
Most places hire landscapers for as little as $8 an hour to $12 an hour starting depending on experience, and that covers laborers, crew leaders, and installers within that range. Allot of company's also have a salary cap on laborers of $15 an hour.
I have someone who works for me now, he is treated as a "sub". For this reason i don't have to carry workers compensation on him, his taxes are taken care of by him, etc. It works out pretty good for me this way. As I expand in the next few years and I hire 2-3 people I will then turn them into employees. The cost on workers comp for 1 person is crazy and the more people you have the easier it is to justify the cost.

Thanks for the input! I think I am going to check into ADP, and Paychecks, tomorrow, maybe they can give me the breakdown per dollar of what an employee will cost. My insurance company is great and is looking into increased liability and Workman's comp.

I have always worked alone efficiently. I think that hiring someone will allow me to take on more lawns, and focus more on the business end year round.

Any more input is great. Hiring someone is something that I have been thinking about long and hard.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 01:23 PM
I use paychex. havent had any problems in 2 yrs with them. they also will quote you insurance. comp and liability. if you want i can give you my contacts info....

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 02:00 PM
I use paychex. havent had any problems in 2 yrs with them. they also will quote you insurance. comp and liability. if you want i can give you my contacts info....

That would be great if you would PM that to me, I had been referred to them by my insurance agent as well. Do you mind if I ask what a $10 an hour emplyee costs you per hour after taxes? and then with comp? Thanks!

Also. Taylor rental is selling a walk behind de-thatcher for $800 I bet that I could get him down to atleast 6 if anyone is interested? let me know, and I will stop by there in the morning. (It's a blue bird)

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Jason
Keep in mind that in the eyes of the IRS,,,he is not a sub if
he uses your equipment
Works buy your schedule
and doesn't have the ability to come and go.
He can collect unemployment if he so desires and you will be responsible for
the appropriate withholdings.
Been there, done that
Alan

Alan
Actually I sub him off another company. Kinda complicated to explain. I have a contract with them for him. They pay his hourly wage for the hours i mail them. He is technically an employee through them. Any unemployment is paid for by them as well as any workers comp. They then bill me $2 more per hour to cover payroll costs, workers comp, etc. Then at the end of the month they bill me for his payroll.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 05:00 PM
looking at one of my guys from last yr..on 39 hrs @ 10.00 = $390.00 he brought home after taxes was $355.58. on the paper work they lump all the employer taxes together. but i would say it would be less than $50.per pay period for that one employee for your company to pay taxes on him.
With the comp .im really not sure right now. I would have to do some digging from last yr, and figure that out.
The # for them is 603-471-2590. And just talk to the operator and they should be able to help you.
Have you tried Craigslist for a dump truck? there are a few on there. search the different states around here.

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 06:55 PM
Thanks, I appreciate that more than you know. I am just trying to figure my costs before promising a rewarding part time job to someone. I was figuring on a 16hrs + a week position.

looking at one of my guys from last yr..on 39 hrs @ 10.00 = $390.00 he brought home after taxes was $355.58. on the paper work they lump all the employer taxes together. but i would say it would be less than $50.per pay period for that one employee for your company to pay taxes on him.
With the comp .im really not sure right now. I would have to do some digging from last yr, and figure that out.
The # for them is 603-471-2590. And just talk to the operator and they should be able to help you.
Have you tried Craigslist for a dump truck? there are a few on there. search the different states around here.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Rewarding..where do I sign up??? HA HA

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-25-2007, 07:12 PM
Rewarding..where do I sign up??? HA HA

Haha same here. I NEVER worked for a rewarding landscape company. Hence the reason I went into business for myself!

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 07:19 PM
I deffinatly dont reward myself enough....mabey i can get a raise this yr....
If my boss wasnt such an A** he might give me one....lol

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-25-2007, 07:57 PM
I deffinatly dont reward myself enough....mabey i can get a raise this yr....
If my boss wasnt such an A** he might give me one....lol

ya if he wasnt so concerned about overhead... pssst i mean really he doesnt NEED a new truck ;) he could just give you a raise instead!

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 09:45 PM
No he really needs the new truck. I think he is tired of shoveling stuff out of the back of a pick-up. I guess that would be like getting a raise with the time I would be saving and on my back.

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 09:50 PM
No he really needs the new truck. I think he is tired of shoveling stuff out of the back of a pick-up. I guess that would be like getting a raise with the time I would be saving and on my back.

I am thinking the same thing! :)

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 09:51 PM
When do you guys plan on starting your spring cleanups? throw in region of NH for reference as well. :waving:

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 09:53 PM
I still have snow on the ground so it wont be anytime to soon. ...im in central nh lakes area

coastalscapes
03-25-2007, 10:02 PM
The snow is almost gone here on the seacoast except for the snow banks. It is very wet though, it will still be 2-3 weeks before we get started.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-25-2007, 10:04 PM
a dump i found...http://nh.craigslist.org/car/300283803.html

hotshot4819
03-25-2007, 10:23 PM
i hear you there coastal, the phone is starting new ring more, its a good feeling, just wish it would stop being nice for a week and then get this crap for one night, stupid. should be all over for sure now tho.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-25-2007, 10:55 PM
Central NH here as well. hopefully within 3-4 weeks i will be starting cleanups as well

TSG
03-26-2007, 07:12 AM
When do you guys plan on starting your spring cleanups? throw in region of NH for reference as well.

May 1 for Plymouth, Camton, lincoln, Woodstock.
If lucky

coastalscapes
03-26-2007, 08:22 AM
i hear you there coastal, the phone is starting new ring more, its a good feeling, just wish it would stop being nice for a week and then get this crap for one night, stupid. should be all over for sure now tho.

Great I keep leaving the cards that you gave me in strategic places! Give me a call about hooking up this afternoon.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-26-2007, 09:44 AM
When do you guys plan on starting your spring cleanups? throw in region of NH for reference as well.

May 1 for Plymouth, Camton, lincoln, Woodstock.
If lucky

Is there really much work in the Lincoln area?

TSG
03-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Is there really much work in the Lincoln area?

Not a great deal
We are in the middle of a couple nice areas
Thornton, Sugar Hill, campton, Plymouth.

Lincoln and Woodstock are pretty poor communities and the "wooded"
look is in

Alan

snoope
03-26-2007, 04:51 PM
For those of you looking for a "Used" one ton dump.........Bob Sherwood LC put for sale signs in one of his Dodges Today as I drove by..........Still up near his shop but the sign is clearly there..

Snoope back quiet

N.H.BOY
03-26-2007, 06:25 PM
no spring clean-ups for me neither:cry: All well if any of you guys need any help please let me know. Scotty Haskins-- Haskins Home Maintenance LLC. Maybe Ill even buy a round of beers sometime if we get together.:drinkup:

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Beer!!!!!!!

N.H.BOY
03-26-2007, 06:35 PM
Beer!!!!!!!

Hey CUT-ABOVE----How did you make out with that rack truck in laconia. i saw one I think at that used Benson dealer across from Home Depot. Red I think or maybe down further past that gulf course.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-26-2007, 09:41 PM
I looked at it on sat. nothing special. had a mason dump that was welded up like ****. patches that is. ran pretty good. ugly yellow color. wanted 8900 for it and offered it to me for 7900. in my opinion not worth it. but if you were desperate for one. had a 9 ft fisher mm1 on it.
I looked at the red one past the depot last week. pretty beat up also. i originally saw that on craigslist and went to look at it. but again no good for me. I found another truck i am going to buy hopefully i can catch up with the guy tomorrow and get the deal done and it on the road so i can make some money with it.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-26-2007, 09:47 PM
no spring clean-ups for me neither:cry: All well if any of you guys need any help please let me know. Scotty Haskins-- Haskins Home Maintenance LLC. Maybe Ill even buy a round of beers sometime if we get together.:drinkup:

Ya i still need to meet up with you Scott. A -Cut- Above (suck at remembering names!) and anyone else should join us! Just pic a central location and a day/night that works good for everyone:drinkup:

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-27-2007, 09:41 AM
Its ok Jason , I can never remember names either. (Its a good thing you put yours in the signature) Ya that would be cool meeting up with everyone. If I can make it I will.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Its ok Jason , I can never remember names either. (Its a good thing you put yours in the signature) Ya that would be cool meeting up with everyone. If I can make it I will.
ya you should put yours there too... you know just for the other people who might not know it... ok ok and people like us who aren't good with names

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-27-2007, 10:00 AM
What your not out working today? just sitting by the computer checking in on us..lol
If i can figure out how to get back there Ill put it in..

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-27-2007, 10:04 AM
What your not out working today? just sitting by the computer checking in on us..lol
If i can figure out how to get back there Ill put it in..
now wait a minute here... you are replying as fast as i amso that must mean you aren't working either and doing the same thing :nono: lol

N.H.BOY
03-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Now Now play nice:nono: Just kinda I'm headed out to Lacania to post an ad in the paper today and check on some other things. Have a good day guys.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-27-2007, 10:25 AM
you too Scott, enjoy the fantastic (snow melting) weather!:)

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-27-2007, 10:33 AM
ya i am sitting here still in bed. Actually I am watching the baby for a few hours. My wife has her own housecleaning buisness and had to go clean a house this morning. If anyone has a need for that let me know. I use her for some of my clients and she has some of her own. good references also. Since we had the baby she quit her job and has been trying to get that up and going.

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I need to get some work going. Im getting very tired of being lazy....

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-27-2007, 11:44 AM
ya same here. I cant wait to get busy

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-27-2007, 07:54 PM
Any one know of a place to buy mulch wholesale? I used a company out of maine last yr. But I am looking for other options. Any help

mcwlandscaping
03-27-2007, 08:24 PM
Still no date set for the get together, but, just had a thought...............a NH/ new england LS member fishing trip would be pretty fun!!

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-27-2007, 09:02 PM
Still no date set for the get together, but, just had a thought...............a NH/ new england LS member fishing trip would be pretty fun!!

We talking deep sea? Im up for anything!

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-28-2007, 09:28 AM
I just got my 1st call for a spring clean up and maint for the season. new customer that is. Does everybody else get excited about the 1st call.
I guess comming out of the winter and getting some actual buisness is nice for a change.

Ground Effects NH
03-28-2007, 09:43 AM
I just got my 1st call for a spring clean up and maint for the season. new customer that is. Does everybody else get excited about the 1st call.

Yes, Nice to hear the phone ringing with potential customers. We have received 2 for seasonal maintenance, "Got both of them". 1 for york raking with hydro seeding. App Saturday with them.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-28-2007, 09:44 AM
I guess comming out of the winter and getting some actual buisness is nice for a change.
I cant wait for my first call... hopefully next week.

N.H.BOY
03-28-2007, 12:43 PM

Hey KEN( I see your name now) was this an old customer or did ya put an ad out somewhere. I've got no "new" ones yet for this year:cry: Well hopefully my ad's will get someone moving to the phones. I guess I'll go back to cutting some trees on my property. See ya guys.

RedMax Man
03-28-2007, 12:48 PM

Wow your really getting into it. I like fishing but would also just like to get together end checkout eachother's stuff and talk business. maybe i'm too boring.

another guy mentioned deep sea. I haven't done that yet but my grandfather who lives in Bedford NH has place in York ME and he's done it afew times there. get some nice stripers.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-28-2007, 02:37 PM
Dont worry Scott i'm in the same situation as you. Luckily i havent done any paid advertising yet, but i definetly get excited about new customers.

MaineFert
03-28-2007, 02:45 PM
Hey Guys,
We usually go deep sea fishing every year. There is a nice outfit in Kittery called Seafari. We use them and its a great trip. The crew is great and its a nice mid season break!

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-28-2007, 03:39 PM
The call I got is from a new customer. He is looking for mowing, stump grinding, spring clean up and some other things. He is getting 3 quotes and said he will use who ever is in the price range and he decides he likes best. Seems promising. He has always done the work himself, but due to age and health reasons he doesnt want to do it anymore. From my experience the type of person that really didnt know what to expect of a Landscape company and is trying to figure it all out. Could be a really good customer if I get him. We will see ........

coastalscapes
03-28-2007, 08:13 PM
I picked up a used SCAG today, Home owner used less than 300 hrs. on it. It was a great deal with the X2 Velke and Grass Gobbler! It was just what I was looking for to add to the fleet. Just needs some polishing!

Thanks for the lead on it! Kingsbury!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/wadeb5018/th_ShowLetter.jpg (http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/wadeb5018/ShowLetter.jpg)

Jamesgateslandscaping
03-28-2007, 08:21 PM

Ive been getting them for 2 or 3 weeks now, stupid snow had to melt so I could atleast look at the property, the way things are looking we could have the whole neighborhood.
James

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-28-2007, 08:28 PM
I picked up a used SCAG today, Home owner used less than 300 hrs. on it. It was a great deal with the X2 Velke and Grass Gobbler! It was just what I was looking for to add to the fleet. Just needs some polishing!

Thanks for the lead on it! Kingsbury!

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/wadeb5018/th_ShowLetter.jpg (http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j255/wadeb5018/ShowLetter.jpg)

oh nice! Glad to see you got it and it all worked out well for you!

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Ive debated joining the New Hampshire Landscape Association. Is anyone else part of this or any other club/association?

coastalscapes
03-28-2007, 09:28 PM
oh nice! Glad to see you got it and it all worked out well for you!

I got the price down too!

coastalscapes
03-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Ive debated joining the New Hampshire Landscape Association. Is anyone else part of this or any other club/association?

I'm in the process as well! Great group from all that I have heard! :)

A-Cut-ABOVE
03-28-2007, 09:36 PM
ive heard of it but never looked into it. is it worth it ???????

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-28-2007, 09:41 PM
i heard it is. the site is nhlaonline.org if you complete it you become labeled as a "certified NH landscape professional". this would help get more customer as well im sure.

cespservce
03-28-2007, 11:22 PM
Hello to every one we are located in Southern NH, out of Salem.
Specializing in hardscapes and construction.
Any one ever need machines with operators, we have mini ex and bobcats
and also offer hydroseeding.
Hope everyone has a good spring, and rebound from the snowless winter.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-28-2007, 11:44 PM
hello cespservce
hope you have a good speing as well and i will keep you in mind if i ever get any work that far south.

mcwlandscaping
03-29-2007, 10:03 AM
OK OK....the fishing trip probably wouldn't work out and i agree that just getting together and checking out each others trucks would be awesome......... :)

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
03-29-2007, 10:13 AM
haha that isnt really yours is it?

RedMax Man
03-30-2007, 02:15 PM
OK OK....the fishing trip probably wouldn't work out and i agree that just getting together and checking out each others trucks would be awesome......... :)

I say we find a place where we can bring our trucks, trailers and equipment so that we can see what each of us has and try the other guy's stuff out. We could also do comparisons and field tests.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
04-01-2007, 09:52 AM
well hopefully in the next week or 2 we can start cleanups finally. starting to notice the grass turning green and some of my bulbs are coming up

A-Cut-ABOVE
04-01-2007, 09:29 PM
I got my 1st job of the spring yesterday. Just cutting down some brush and a little tree work but a good paycheck to start it off with. Not to mention working all day today down at my parents house in Mass climbing and cutting tree's. Hopefully I can get back down there the end of this week with my machine and a chipper to finnish up phase one of that project.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
04-02-2007, 02:38 PM
just raising this from the dead... has been quiet on here lately. has everyone been working?

N.H.BOY
04-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Doing trimming work and pruneing some trees for a nice old lady this week and also start on a deck project for someone. I WANT TO MOW GRASS!!!!!

GreenMonster
04-02-2007, 04:52 PM
We'd be hardscaping this week if the weather wasn't so chitty. We'll probably start something the end of the week anyhow.

We did some landclearing last week in preparation for a sizeable job later this spring.

RedMax Man
04-02-2007, 04:59 PM
Wanted to start cleanups and mulching plus all the other work this week but the weather doen't look like its going to behave. Plan on doing a few shrub removals though and when the weather is nicer i'll start all the other stuff.

Keith1981
04-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Got two Spring Clean ups this weekend. Both customers want me to do mulching and possibly lawn care. My first real customers since I started my business a month ago!

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Congrats Keith!

hotshot4819
04-02-2007, 06:17 PM
well guys i got my fist load of organic hydroseeding material today, got half a truck load, stuff is awsome, im really glad i broke down and spend the money on this product, i am the only one in new england that the distributer knows of that has this product now. if anyone is interested, think about how you can work this into your business and i would love to do business with you.

Keith1981
04-02-2007, 07:12 PM
One of my customers mentioned that she wants her back lawn re seeded. She only uses organic products because she has a few dogs that she loves. Where can I get some more information on your product so I can explain it to her?

Ground Effects NH
04-02-2007, 07:49 PM
just raising this from the dead... has been quiet on here lately. has everyone been working?

Been trying to get the parking lot's ready for the sweeper. Snow banks are all most gone. Hopefully after this week we can get them done. Funny, I didn't think we put that much sand down.:hammerhead:

coastalscapes
04-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Got two Spring Clean ups this weekend. Both customers want me to do mulching and possibly lawn care. My first real customers since I started my business a month ago!

Congrats! and I see in your signature, you are starting out just right! Good Luck!:waving:

hotshot4819
04-02-2007, 10:13 PM
kieth i sent you an pm

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
04-03-2007, 04:22 PM
wow! nice to see everyone is busy. All my customers are still holding off a couple weeks before they want things done. Oh well guess it gives me time to get things together.

hotshot4819
04-03-2007, 09:46 PM
hey green monster, i saw one of your truck right next to my shop on 108 in somersworth today, nice looking rig, you have a project down this way? anyways figure i was say hi, and if you ever need anything let me know.

N.H.BOY
04-04-2007, 09:25 AM
wow! nice to see everyone is busy. All my customers are still holding off a couple weeks before they want things done. Oh well guess it gives me time to get things together.

You mean get things packing for moving right? Still coming up here in the big town of HILL Jason? Still need to get together.

GreenMonster
04-04-2007, 09:27 AM
hey green monster, i saw one of your truck right next to my shop on 108 in somersworth today, nice looking rig, you have a project down this way? anyways figure i was say hi, and if you ever need anything let me know.

I was at FEDCO picking up an off-road fuel tank. We have a sizeable job on Dover Point Road. Stop me and say hi next time.

N.H.BOY
04-04-2007, 09:44 AM

JASON-- Just wondering, what kind of method do you use for weed control? I have a lady that wants her front lawn done, but it is a newbie and I dont really know what she had last year for weeds. Just wondering thanks. SCOTT

coastalscapes
04-04-2007, 05:36 PM
So what does everyone think of this white stuff falling from the sky???*trucewhiteflag*

Keith1981
04-04-2007, 06:26 PM
It Sucks! Got three new potential customers today for lawn care but with all this snow I'll have to wait longer before I can do any work.

GreenMonster
04-04-2007, 06:41 PM
So what does everyone think of this white stuff falling from the sky???*trucewhiteflag*

grrrrrrr!!!!

:gunsfirin

This pretty much sux about as much as one can suck.

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
04-04-2007, 10:48 PM
grrrrrrr!!!!

:gunsfirin

This pretty much sux about as much as one can suck.

and thats putting it nicely!:angry:

KINGSBURYLANDSCAPELLC
04-04-2007, 10:50 PM
You mean get things packing for moving right? Still coming up here in the big town of HILL Jason? Still need to get together.

yup, moving in for the first week of May (hopefully not crying wolf again this time). Definetly need to get together, hows next monday night work for you?

A-Cut-ABOVE
04-05-2007, 03:20 PM
So how long did you guys have to plow for this storm? I went from 3am till 315 pm. And now its nap time.... kind of weird to be plowing while it is melting...lol But hey its all money....

coastalscapes
04-05-2007, 04:03 PM
So how long did you guys have to plow for this storm? I went from 3am till 315 pm. And now its nap time.... kind of weird to be plowing while it is melting...lol But hey its all money....

I try to keep a super tight route! 6rs per push every storm, my route is a mix of both commercial and residential. Only enough snow for one push this storm (SEACOAST). So out at 4 am done at 10 am.