PDA

View Full Version : Grease fittings

Branchland
02-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I need to replace a couple of grease fittings hat are stopped up, not taking grease. Are all the fittings on a super z the same size? And I'm assuming they should just unscrew. Just woundering if I can go to the dealer and buy a couple and not have to match them up. Mine's a '04 super z 60/27.

mowerconsultant
02-22-2007, 09:45 PM
We use that same fitting on almost everything.
It is part # 015495
The exception is your deck spindles, they use part # 012005.
I don't have the dimensions for them, I am sure they are universal type fittings that can be bought at any hardware store.
Yes, they just un-screw.

Pj

mojob
02-23-2007, 11:13 AM
I'd be willing to bet the fitting is fine. The hole that the fitting screws into is probably clogged. Take the fitting off and put a small screwdriver into the hole and move it around then blow it out with air. Put the fitting on the end of the grease gun and try squirting grease through it. If this is what's wrong you might want to grease that fitting more often during normal use. I hope you don't mind me putting my 2 cents in. Good luck.

Branchland
02-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the info PJ.

mowerconsultant
02-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the info PJ.

No problem, let me know if you have any more questions.

Pj

Branchland
03-13-2007, 04:37 PM
Pj, I have a question about the spindel grease fittings. When I try to put grease in the blade spindel and the pully on my vac, it just ooses out around the base of the fitting. Yes the fittings are tight. Does that mean it's not getting grease inside or that it's full?

mowerconsultant
03-13-2007, 11:52 PM
It means its full.
Our housings have a groove machined into the threads where the grease fitting threads in, this acts as a relief when the housing is full.

Pj