PDA

View Full Version : profit range

jsf343
02-22-2007, 08:41 PM
come on experienced ones sound off!! In general when you give a bid or even on properties you already have I am curious what you shoot for your profit range. 10%? 20%? 30%?
meaning after your costs are paid on a property what is the profit range you are looking to try and get and still be competitive? hopefully this question makes sense.

ACutAbovesiny
02-22-2007, 08:51 PM
Its not easy to give a clear cut answer to this. You always have to consider your market. If for example you get a call for a job that will take your crew 1 day (8 hours) and your expenses will be $1000.00 (only an example) but you know that other companies in your area have higher expenses therefore would cost them $2000.00, Should you charge $1000.00 plus 10%, 20%, or 30% even though the market asks for $2000.00? You really need to know your market first then go from there.

I hope this makes sense.

rodfather
02-23-2007, 06:58 AM
15 - 25% range, nothing less

jsf343
02-23-2007, 01:18 PM
15 - 25% range, nothing less

Rod, when you say that range are you talking that kind of profit after each mow, each month, or the full year? I am curious more for commercial properties then anything, but it does apply to all. By the way I had a hydro seal go bad on my groundsmaster, those puppies are not cheap to fix are they? :cry: you still have yours?

thanks again,
Jeff

Tim Wright
02-23-2007, 01:33 PM
I shoot for 30% after I get paid.

Tim

rodfather
02-23-2007, 02:55 PM
Rod, when you say that range are you talking that kind of profit after each mow, each month, or the full year? I am curious more for commercial properties then anything, but it does apply to all. By the way I had a hydro seal go bad on my groundsmaster, those puppies are not cheap to fix are they? :cry: you still have yours?

thanks again,
Jeff

Jeff, it really doesn't matter...it can be for a month or for the full year...again remember, that is after ALL expenses are paid out in full. All salaries, utilities, depreciation, payroll taxes, truck payments, interest expense on a credit line, whatever.

We still have our 3 big Groundsmasters. One is dedicated for fert and pulling an aerator while the other two mowing. I remember losing 2 hydros on those bad boys in the same week. Talk about losing your azz lol!

Good to hear from ya.