PDA

View Full Version : Sales Tax

BobcatBoy06
02-22-2007, 09:17 PM
I was wondering what services lawn maintenance companies in PA are charging sales tax on. Is everyone charging for lawn mowing, liming, things of this nature?

1MajorTom
02-22-2007, 09:39 PM
taken from the pa dept of revenue website.

LAWN CARE SERVICES (61 PA Code §60.2) – charges for lawn upkeep. Examples include: fertilization, weed control, lawn mowing, shrubbery trimming, lawn thatching, and other lawn treatment services. However, charges for landscaping, sodding, and grass seeding of new lawns are not subject to tax when performed in conjunction with other lawn services.

http://www.revenue.state.pa.us/revenue/CWP/view.asp?A=299&QUESTION_ID=208974

BobcatBoy06
02-27-2007, 11:24 PM
Does anyone else have anything informative to say about charging your tax for these services?

1MajorTom
02-28-2007, 12:28 AM
What else is there to say? If you are a registered business, and have your sales tax id number, then you have to colllect sales tax on mowing and other services.
It's right there with the link I provided in the previous post.

How do you remit your payments? We remit online monthly, how bout you?

Roger
02-28-2007, 06:44 AM
Jodi is right, nothing else to say? Remember, you never charge tax, you only collect tax on behalf of the state. After collecting the money, you remit it to them. I do the same -- monthly filing on e-tides. How do you remit your money and do your filing?