PDA

View Full Version : Wholesale Firewood

start2finish
02-22-2007, 11:12 PM
We have about 20 cords of hardwood firewood. I want to wholesale it to someone before the season ends. PM me for pricing and delivery area. I can haul 4 cord at a time.

mattfromNY
02-22-2007, 11:53 PM
Man, I wish you were in NY! I sold over 150 face cord, then told customers to go see a friend of mine, he sold over 1000 face cord, we're both out, and I'm still getting MEGA calls for wood all the time. I've got about 200 green ready to go, but nothing seasoned yet! If I could get hooked up with someone to wholesale me a couple hundred or thousand face cord a year for the right price, I'd be very interested.

start2finish
02-23-2007, 08:18 AM
you could price the trucking from your location to NC, 27214. load a tractor trailer load. a cord is approx 4.75 cubic yards we measure it at a heavy 5 yards for good measure. a good dump trailer should handle 8 cord. I don't know what hardwood sells for up there, but it may be worth the freight. PM me for some prices.

NewHorizon's Land
02-24-2007, 05:52 PM
What size dump trailer are you talking about?

start2finish
02-24-2007, 10:53 PM
i would assume a lightweight tractor trailer dump. I'm not sure on the freight costs, but it may be worth looking into. we can load whatever is sent. I would deliver myself locally.

mattfromNY
02-24-2007, 11:18 PM
To make it worthwhile I would need a LOT more than 8 cord!!! I can go out back in my back yard and have 8 cord cut by Monday! I deliver 7 face cord at a time with my dump trailer. My customers usually buy anywhere from 10 to 30 face cord at a time. What is a face cord selling for down there?? We sell it anywhere from $50- 65 per face cord delivered. Not enough to make it worth the hassle if I have other stuff going on, but nice fill in money when things are slow. I can buy it wholesale locally for $25.00/ FC in blocks (Logs cut into 16 inch blocks), then I still have to split, load and deliver it. I can usually split between 2-3 face cord an hour if I bust my a$$, but man, its a lot of work for what you get in return.

mattfromNY
02-24-2007, 11:20 PM
Sorry, I read your post quick, You said 8 CORD, not Face cord. I still couldn't justify trucking it that far!

NewHorizon's Land
02-24-2007, 11:21 PM
If a face cord is just a cord its around $150 delivered here on the eastern shore of MD

birdturd9726
03-23-2010, 09:22 PM
let me know if you still need some firewood matt. Im thinking about doing wholesale this year. Contact me if your interested.

addictedtolandscaping
03-25-2010, 06:33 AM
Wow you all are getting between good and incredible money. In the Albany NY area, it did not do anything last year, everyone and their brother dove into it and took advantage of the December storm in 08, flooded the market.

A cord is much more than a face cord, it is 128 cubic feet stacked, 4x4x8 or any combination there of, a face cord is typically recognized as 1.3 of that amount. It was so bad here I am looking at getting rid of my processor and conveyor for what I owe on it. If anyone is interested, shoot me a pm.

Have a great day every one!!

birdturd9726
03-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Post some pictures and info about ur conveyor and processor. I'd be interested in the conveyor and possibly the processor. Also how much are you asking
Posted via Mobile Device