PDA

View Full Version : hydro filters

rmland
02-23-2007, 05:53 AM
Does any one change their hydro filters, if so does the system need to be bled to remove air? thanks

Swampy
02-23-2007, 06:05 AM
When you change out your hydro steps. First drain the hydro, remove old filter(ALWAYS CHANGE YOUR FILTER WITH EVERY HYDRO CHANGE), wet seal, place new filter refill, let gravity do its magic, and bleed if necessery. We do ours every season at the end of the year to all mowers no matter now many hours you put on the machine (change it out ever 3K working hours) except our 580-D, (55galions of Hydro fuild, where do go with it let alone a lift to drain it)

Richard Martin
02-23-2007, 07:37 AM
Yes I do but the correct way to accomplish it depends on the mower. Usually the instructions will be in the owners manual that came with the mower. What I do on my Dixie Chopper is this.

The most important thing to remember is that you need to minimize the introduction of air into the hydro system. Always pre-fill the hydro filter(s) with fluid before you install them. You want to keep adding fluid until the filter(s) won't take anymore at all. It should take a few minutes to do.

1: Drain the fluid from the tank.
2: Remove the filters.
3: Intall the new filters making sure you put a little oil on the "O" ring of the filter.
4: Refill the hydro fluid tank.
5: Jack the back of the mower up so the rear wheels are off of the ground.
6: Start the mower and slowly move the levers from forward to reverse about 10 times. This will remove any air from the hydro system.
7: Let the mower down and check the fluid level in the hydro tank. Fill as required.
8: Take your mower for a test drive.

grass_cuttin_fool
02-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Yes I do but the correct way to accomplish it depends on the mower. Usually the instructions will be in the owners manual that came with the mower. What I do on my Dixie Chopper is this.

The most important thing to remember is that you need to minimize the introduction of air into the hydro system. Always pre-fill the hydro filter(s) with fluid before you install them. You want to keep adding fluid until the filter(s) won't take anymore at all. It should take a few minutes to do.

1: Drain the fluid from the tank.
2: Remove the filters.
3: Intall the new filters making sure you put a little oil on the "O" ring of the filter.
4: Refill the hydro fluid tank.
5: Jack the back of the mower up so the rear wheels are off of the ground.
6: Start the mower and slowly move the levers from forward to reverse about 10 times. This will remove any air from the hydro system.
7: Let the mower down and check the fluid level in the hydro tank. Fill as required.
8: Take your mower for a test drive.

Ditto on what Richard says and that is the way Scag recommends it also, works very well for me

wayne

rmland
02-23-2007, 10:38 PM
Thanks folks I am very grateful for your help.