PDA

View Full Version : 2002 F350

Drew Gemma
02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Just ran across a 2002 F350 Lariat extened cab long bed drw. This thing has 13,000m. My father inlaw works for ford it was a ford lot truck! the bed is trashed but I wanna put a dump body on it so I don't care! This thing is mint I did some research and it was leased to ford motor Company until the dealer ship purchased it. It will need tires soon. also I need to take the bed off and purchased a system for the rear. ( I would like a flat bed that dumps with a side board tarp option) any ideas or pointers would be great. I just launched my one truck, old trailer and a mower. If I buy this were gonna launch are other truck I'll give you guys first offer. It also has a mount for a wester plow which will also be for sale on here! And the bed if anyone is interested should own it by middle of the week. my price 18,800 you think thats good

lawn guy1350
02-23-2007, 05:08 PM
sounds like a hell of a find!

GreenN'Clean
02-23-2007, 05:40 PM
Sounds like a great deal

supercuts
02-23-2007, 09:32 PM
i just got a 2000 f550 12 landscape dump 7.3L powerstroke, 57k for $10,500. it needs a $2600 tranny because it wont shift into top gear(maxis out at 45mph) thats a deal. if you pay 18000 plus a dump bed, thats alot. buy the way, the invoice for my truck said the bed was 8500

ed2hess
02-23-2007, 10:42 PM
Good deal unless it is the 6mpg big V8 gaser......a lot of very nice Ford trucks around with gas engines.

topsites
02-24-2007, 12:53 PM
You really need to find out a lot of things about this truck in order to ascertain its real value, there exist a ton of variables that affect the price...

Because that same Lariat truck with just the bare basics is worth 14,500 ...
But, load it up with around 90% of the features (printed below), and it's worth 20,000+ (when I say MOST of the features, I mean with a sun roof and mp3 multi-cd player w/ a video and gps navigation system and duallies {so a FULLY loaded XLT Lariat}, to give you an idea of what I mean when I say loaded)...
And it depends on the engine (I assumed the smaller 5 liter gas), and it depends if it's from an individual or a dealer (assumed individual).
I would have to guess it's an XLT to be worth 19k, and I also assumed good condition (you said it needs tires and the bed is trashed).

You can assume two or three things, but much beyond that and you risk grossly throwing the price off.
So there's no telling...
Once you find out all it has, you take the information to Kelley Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com/) and find out for yourself what it's worth.

Here are all the possible features: Off-Road Pkg, Sun / Moon Roof, XL / XLT, Roof Rack. Sliding Rear Window, Air Conditioning, Stepside Bed, Power Steering, Running Boards, Power Windows, Pickup Shell/Cap, Power Door Locks, Hard Tonneau Cover, Tilt Wheel, Bed Liner, Cruise Control, Custom Bumper, AM/FM Stereo (cass/{multi/single/mp3}cd/premium sound), Grille Guard, Winch, Optional Fuel Tank, Towing Pkg, Snow Plow, Custom Paint, Two-Tone Paint, GPS Navigation System, Alloy/Premium Wheels, Parking Sensors, DVD System, Wide Tires, Video System, Ovrsize Off-Rd Tires,
Dual Front Air Bags, Oversize Wheels 20"+, ABS (4-Wheel), Dual Rear Wheels
Leather, Power Seat / Dual pwr seats, Underbody Hoist, Hydraulic Lift, Power Mirrors

Greybeard
02-24-2007, 05:56 PM
A lot truck might have had a hard life. They usually get driven by some dropout punk that's too dumb to change oil. If it's got 13,000 miles of snow plowing, that's not the same as highway miles. And you can't wear out the tires in 13K on the highway. You might check into an extended warranty, if possible. It may be too old to qualify.
As far as engines go, the 5.4 V8 and the 6.8 V10 will generally give you 10-14 mpg around town, even with a trailer, and 15 or more on the highway if you go easy. Either has plenty of grunt for landscaping work. My F350 has the 5.4, and still does everything I ask with 96,000 miles. We've hauled some 10,000 lb. trailers no problem. It's been a real good horse.
If it's the diesel, it will give you a few more mpg, but all the other costs like oil changes, batteries, starters, glow plugs, etc. will be higher. All those parts do fail in a few years. Plus the diesels don't like the typical stop & go life of a landscaper's truck. They build up a lot of unburned crud, which turns to acid. Ask the Ford guys how many oil pans they replace on the 7.3 engines because of acid holes. It's a simple job - after you pull the engine. There's a crossmember in the way on some of them.
If it's really a Lariat, it's top of the line, and it should have leather seats, and all the goodies. I'm surprised they would use a fancy model as their gopher.
If you're thinking of spending in the $20K range, check out the deals on 2006 leftovers. Around here, they're selling at 35% off list, with 0% for 60 months. You could be driving brand-new for the same monthly payment. Good luck.

Drew Gemma
02-25-2007, 06:34 PM
nada book value what banks use not the crappy blue book just under 24,000
loaded everything but sunroof gps. As far as leftover 06 we looked at it with his ford family direct deal the payment is still over 450. got price down a little more. payment will be 285

start2finish
02-25-2007, 07:13 PM
topsites, the lariat package is loaded.

xl is standard truck
xlt is medium
lariat is nicest

there are a few options that are available with the lariat, but 95% are already there