PDA

View Full Version : Walker Hydro motors

mmlm
02-23-2007, 06:57 PM
My 1994 Walker is not pulling correctly, I've checked all the belts, they seem fine. Does anyone know where to buy after market Hydro motors in case I need a Motor. Also, the wide 3 groove belt I think is the PTO belt, isn't that for the blades? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Mike

Restrorob
02-23-2007, 08:55 PM
You can check here for parts;

http://j-thomas.com/main_pages/OLcatalog_06.html

Not sure about the belt....

lucforce
02-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Assuming you have a GHS, the three-"V" belt runs the blower and the deck or other front attachment via a gearbox.

What does "not pulling correctly" mean?

mmlm
02-23-2007, 09:38 PM
Not pulling correctly, I mean its like the steering levers when pushed forward it doesn't want to go or it will turn to the left good but not to the right, like maybe the right hydro is bad or I'm really not sure.

thanks

khouse
02-23-2007, 09:48 PM
Make sure all you steering connectors are tight all the way to the hydro.

mmlm
02-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Are the steering connectors like screws and bolts or what am I looking for.
Thanks

ed2hess
02-23-2007, 10:30 PM
Make sure that all those springs in the steering linkage are very well lubed because they can stick. If they are sticking your unit fails to go forward after going backwards. Usually if hydro is going it will fail when it is hot and under load like going up ramp. Be sure all the belts are good to the hydro and idlers greased and working. The hydro is costly no way around it!

AAELI
02-24-2007, 05:12 PM
In addition to all the above you might want to check / change your hydro oil.

mmlm
02-24-2007, 09:23 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a how to web site to change my hydro and how do I tell which is my left and which is my right, because when I pull back on my right handle my mower does not turn to mthe right? I've checked fluid and it seems fine. It might be my right hydro, I thnk.
thanks, mike

gene gls
02-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Does anyone know where I can find a how to web site to change my hydro and how do I tell which is my left and which is my right, because when I pull back on my right handle my mower does not turn to mthe right? I've checked fluid and it seems fine. It might be my right hydro, I thnk.
thanks, mike

I think it would be cheaper for you to have a Walker dealer do an evaluation on your unit before you start replacing parts. A Walker hydro is around $550.00. My dealer charges 1 hour labor to check out a machine.

ed2hess
02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
I pulled the hydro out and there is marking of CW or CCW on the drive belt side just below the Eaton marking. I don't kow if you can see it with the hydro in the machine. Might could see the RH side info.

pclawncare
02-27-2007, 12:49 AM
Draining your hyro oil is easy first id get it warm drive it around some let it warm up. 2 pull the deck off and look under there there are 2 silver bolt heads you are looking for not on the gear boxes but on the bottom of the hydros looking at it from the front on the right hand side it is close to the front on the left it is kinda tricky to get to its in the far back on the left hand side takes a little looking for to find it. clean all the dirt off and remove the caps from the hydros the little plastic jug things. Then remove the 1 bolt from each hydro on the bottom of the hydro. this is not too easy unless you have a lift but it can be done. Once the fluid has drained you may not be able to see it but there is a nut molded into the cups that you can remove the cups and it will help in refilling the hydros with oil by the way almost forgot on the cups with the nuts molded into them they are left hand thread i think its called insted of righty tighty its righty loosy and lefty tighty. I dont think you have to take the cups off to fill it( i havent ever tried it but dont see why you wouldnt just goes faster) fill the hydro till it comes up to the top of the hydro if you took the cups off put them back on now and fill to the line i usualy fill a hair over just because some air bubbles come out eventualy. I know i didnt have to but when i do this i usualy drain my gear oil too just because i can drain into the same pan and im already down there any more questions pm me id be glad to help if you need it its not that hard to do expect some time to let the oil drain out especialy if its cooler out side and the gear oil is 80/90w so little thicker