PDA

View Full Version : Leaf Box

wriken
02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I built this leaf box, similar to my last one, but this slides in the racks that I leave on my dump insert. I have to build the rear door yet, and paint it.

wriken
02-24-2007, 02:58 PM
Here's a couple more pics

wriken
02-24-2007, 02:59 PM
I have to put the hose mount on the box yet.

yardmanlee
02-24-2007, 03:10 PM
do you leave the dump box on that trailer or put it back on the truck ? looks well built

Uranus
02-24-2007, 03:23 PM
At first look I think it is a little silly. But once I stoped and thought about your design, its a really good way to keep a personal truck looking personal. And you dont have to break it down in the winter and rebuild in the spring.

I would mount the hindges on the top that way you dont have to make barn doors. Good coat of black paint for the box and trailer and your off and running.

My only question is where do you put your clean up equipment?

wriken
02-24-2007, 04:13 PM
do you leave the dump box on that trailer or put it back on the truck ? looks well built

Its mounted right to the trailer.
Trailer needs paint bad.

wriken
02-24-2007, 04:20 PM
At first look I think it is a little silly. But once I stoped and thought about your design, its a really good way to keep a personal truck looking personal. And you dont have to break it down in the winter and rebuild in the spring.

I would mount the hindges on the top that way you dont have to make barn doors. Good coat of black paint for the box and trailer and your off and running.

My only question is where do you put your clean up equipment?

This is built alot sturdier then the last one I had, The door swings open up, and the dump insert door holds it shut. I'll see if I have a pic or link to my old one. This one I can pull the box off, and still have the racks left on the dump, for brush/mulch etc after clean-up season.
As far as the clean up equipment, I have a couple other trucks to pull the machines with. Usually the crew will just dump the debris, that has to be hauled away, and I will come along and suck them up, if I'm not helping in the clean-up. Also I will suck up leaves that people rake to a place to where I can pick them up.
You rake em, I'll take em.:)

terrapro
02-24-2007, 05:22 PM
wriken do you have a mill of your own

Tim Wright
02-24-2007, 07:14 PM
Are you related to any Wright's in AuGres, or Flint area?

Tim

Uranus
02-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I have the Downeaster insert in my truck. Works good. I used my insert tailgate to hold the doors shut also. I have barn doors right now but I want to build a top hinge door for next fall. I had two barrel bolts that held the doors shut on the top (along with the tailgate) but if you were on uneven ground the box would rack and it would be tough to close the doors and secure the latches. Thinking the top hinge door will save me some headaches.

wriken
02-24-2007, 09:17 PM
wriken do you have a mill of your own
Not yet, but will be getting a bandmill soon. I've been checking quite a few of them out lately. I got the rack (pine) from a local amish sawmill guy. 1x12"s and 2x4"s.

wriken
02-24-2007, 09:19 PM
Are you related to any Wright's in AuGres, or Flint area?

Tim

Not that I know of. I had a 1/2 brother that was in midland, worked for Dow. His name was Charles (chuck)

Idealtim
02-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Very very nice. I am planning on building a similar unit towards the end of the summer.Thats only if I buy the trailer that i'm looking at right now. I think that those set-ups can get heavy very quickly and it is very important that you have the dual axle. The trailer that i'm looking at is a 12' 5 ton landscape/equipment trailer. Sort of overkill for the normal rider and wb, but in the spring I will load it with yards mulch, pallets of sod, seed or other crap over the summer, and pallets of salt in the winter. I was thinking about instead of buying a insert, I would buy a off road agricultural dump and taking the axles and tongue off. Have to do a little more homework on the dump but I know I want the finished product to look like yours.

wriken
02-25-2007, 09:23 AM
This trailer started out as a single axle 10', I added another axle, and beefed up the frame. Also added 2' to the length.