PDA

View Full Version : Bulk rate

tthomass
02-25-2007, 12:05 AM
How do you get a bulk mailing rate? Who can get one? Rules?

I'm planning on letters for the first mailing, in an envelope and postcards after that.

Thanks.

tthomass
02-25-2007, 12:17 AM
The usps website so far has left me with more questions then answers. I hate them.

tthomass
02-25-2007, 12:55 PM
What I can figure $160 annual fee. Postage I have to go to the post office. I keep getting multiple rates for mailing starting at only 2 cents off. Yee ha.

tthomass
02-27-2007, 06:07 PM
Paid $320 today and got a permit. $160 annual fee and $160 one time setup fee. Postage is $0.127 and I can target mapped areas without purchasing a list.

I've done a lot of looking into different mailings and met with the post office guy today for an hour talking about all kinds of things and rates etc. If you plan to purchase a list, I highly advise against it. I wasted $230 on one last week.

mrusk
02-27-2007, 06:12 PM
What your doing is saturated mailings. Your going to mail to entire carrier routes.

I did that last year. Its kind of like walking into the bathroom, closing your eyes, spinning around and then trying to hit the toliet without open your eyes.

The mailing companies get th .21 cent rate when they do scattered mailings since they barcode it. The mailing list have the route and stop number.

Yes it cost more to mail, but figure out how much money you are saving by not mailing to people that arn't your target audience.

Don't get me wrong, i am not saying your wasting your money, your just not going to get the optimum results. Last year i mailed 2500 letters to 6 or 7 carrier routes. I got about 70k worth of work. I was happy.

tthomass
02-27-2007, 08:29 PM
I depends a lot on your area really. Here there are areas that are highly concentrated. So what I'm doing is hitting the country club neighborhoods etc where I know there is $ and avoiding the townhouses and apartments.

mrusk
02-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I depends a lot on your area really. Here there are areas that are highly concentrated. So what I'm doing is hitting the country club neighborhoods etc where I know there is $ and avoiding the townhouses and apartments.

Ok sounds llike you got a good plan.

I think i might of gotten to ambitious with my list. Its super high end. Hopefully i can do what the people are going to want.

tthomass
02-27-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the info though. I did purchase a list from infousa......I did a 6 mile radius from the house for homes $900,000+ and incomes of $250,000+ and got a little over 2,300 names........8 miles and it would have probably doubled.

What the list did do for me is give me the names of specific people I want to target in the more "rural" areas........estates.

What I was suprised to find with the postal routes was how I was able to really narrow in on an area.....exactly like zooming in on a map. This is only due to high population of the area, that I'm able to narrow in on a specific area and get what I'm want..........all high dollar homes requiring high paying jobs.