PDA

View Full Version : When do you hand out invoices?

Lynden-Jeff
02-25-2007, 12:53 AM
Hey,

I hate the idea of handing out an invoice at the end of the month, and waiting another month for payment. For example if I sign a contract for april 1st, im not getting april's payment until the end of may. Is it unreasonable to supply the invoice by the end of the first week in april, and expecting payment within 30 days or the end of the month? This way its half work on my faith and half on theirs? Hope this makes sense.

Cheers
Jeff

Uranus
02-25-2007, 01:09 AM
I bill once a month
Go out on the 1st, due on the 15th.

If I'm reading your post right your getting payment up front for 2 weeks in the beginin of the year. It still works out to waiting 30 days after the first invoice.

How are you going to get people to prepay for fall cleanups. If you bill hourly for cleanups then how do you know the total?

tthomass
02-25-2007, 01:23 AM
You should bill each month ahead........if you start in April you require April + May........the last month of the season you don't get paid because you were paid previous month. This way you never work for free and have your $. They haven't paid, you don't mow and lose $0.............this is for mowing. I was going this route but decided not to deal with mowing and stick to construction.

YardPro
02-25-2007, 10:07 AM
i don't HAND them out I MAIL them out....LOL
just razzing ya..

make sure they are out on the 31st, or at the latest the 1st.

if you have not done monthly billing before, make sure you are prepared financially to "float" your expenses for a month.
you need enough operating cash to make it at least two months before you switch over.

IN2MOWN
02-25-2007, 10:13 AM
Out on the last day of the month, due on the 15th, late and financed charged on the 20th.

StBalor
02-25-2007, 02:02 PM
1st payment due at signing and future payments due on the 1st of each month.