PDA

View Full Version : Need some black & white flyer templates

moremow
02-25-2007, 10:36 AM
I am having some problems getting a color flyer adjusted to the proper dpi in order to send it off and have it printed. Until I get a bit more educated on it I was wondering where I could get some basic flyer templates to use. Something that I can overlay my own text over. If you folks have any ideas I would appreciate. Time is of the essence for me,,would like to get something underway this week if possible. Thanks Folks,,,Moremow,,Roanoke Va

rockymtnmf
02-25-2007, 12:13 PM
What dpi does it need to be in? Black and White should be easy, make them in Word(or something like that) and take it to Staples. If you are having them commercially printed in color they need to be in no less than 300dpi. This is a huge file if you are use to the traditional 72dpi (printshop, any MS word, etc).

If you go to 48hourprint.com they have some templates to use but you need to have Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, etc. They do have a MS Publisher template that you can use also.

good luck.

moremow
02-25-2007, 06:56 PM
I will go to the site that you mentioned. It was adjusted to 300 dpi and sent to gotprint and I even converted it to a jpg like they said. They said it still was not configured right even then and canceled my order. I called and really could not get much help from them. You really have to have that file perfect in every way because there doesnt seem to be anyone on that end that will handle it for you. That I suppose is why they are so much less than most people in that business because they just seem to do nothing but print nearly perfect material. It has to be flawless it seems when they receive it or they set it off to the side. I do not have the proper photoshop materials and things for my computer but will get it though. But for now I will simply put together something as best I can. I can get 5000 flyers printed at office max for about 3 cents a copy. Pretty reasonable I think. Any way thanks for your help and advice. I will continue to work on it. Have a good day folks.