PDA

View Full Version : Mounting New Truck Signs?

mosmgras
02-25-2007, 12:05 PM
A few weeks ago I had some new truck signs made. There are three of them digitally printed on .060 aluminum. One will be mounted on the tailgate and the other two are going on the sides of the bed toward the front.

This is the first set of signs that I have purchased made this way. My other graphics are vinyl applied directly to the truck body. Question is, should I use some type of backing material to support the aluminum or can I simply pop rivet the aluminum to the frame of the bed. :confused:

What do you guys think?

tthomass
02-25-2007, 12:09 PM
What are you mounting to and truck? Surely not the bed of the truck, I would hope. I have stained wooden sides on the back of my 2500hd and mounted my aluminum signs to them with a 1/2" or so piece of ply behind it........bolts all the way through. Get treated.

pclawncare
02-25-2007, 12:22 PM
HUH? POP Rivet the signs to the bed of your truck? I dont know if i misunderstood but you would never in my life catch me pop riveting anything to any of my vehicles.

mosmgras
02-25-2007, 12:23 PM
Mounting to an Isuzu NPR with and open bed. The bed is made of 1 1/2" square steel tubing with expanded metal welded inside. The tailgate is 1" x 3" tubing with raised expanded metal welded inside.

mosmgras
02-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Just to clarify...

It's not a pick-up bed. It's an open landscape bed on an Isuzu NPR. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

pclawncare
02-25-2007, 12:44 PM
OK had me worried very worried. I personaly would cut some 1/2 or 3/4 ply wood to the size of the sign like said above and then id get some bolts with large washer to go through the expanded metal and get the nuts that have the lock part in them they have a little plastic ring in them so they dont vibrate loose and fall off.

mosmgras
02-26-2007, 10:36 AM
Any one else have an opinion?

supercuts
02-27-2007, 09:41 PM
well, you can to rivet them first, if they seam to flop around in the wind its not like it would be hard to drill them out. then mount it on plywoods, i wouldnt go any bigger than 3/8", your not building a house nor do you want them to have a huge lip. maybe you should have just looked into a bit thinker metal