PDA

View Full Version : Benefits

tthomass
02-25-2007, 12:06 PM
What benefits do you offer to those who work for you?

I've got one full time guy I'm carrying through winter.......thats basically his benefit. Land a good job/profit and finish by Wednesday, take the rest of the week off sort of deal.

Once he's been with me a year I'm thinking 2 week vacation paid.....how a previous company I worked for did things. He really doesn't care to be honest but I think having something is nice.

I'll be hiring who knows how many hourly guys when spring is in full swing.....they're just that, hourly and no benefits. Unless I land a good guy that I'd like to hang on to for a while.

You?

Az Gardener
02-25-2007, 12:34 PM
We have health insurance through a state run program that is affordable.

One week paid vacation after the first year accumulate 2 days per year after that topping out at 21 days. But it sounds like you are already giving the guy a couple of months paid vacation.

Sams Club membership.

Free lunches and drink at work.

I pay for and pay employees to go to industry classes and seminars.

tthomass
02-25-2007, 12:53 PM
We've stayed busy through winter but I take a more relaxed approach while we can before season is here. Including attending seminars etc.

Meals here and there throughout the year but its almost like tag........often enough he's bought my meal.

I don't provide health insurance.

Lawnworks
02-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I use hispanics and just pay hourly... give them a little bonus at the end of the year.... no paid vacation... no benefits. I do give them work to do all winter so they can pay there bills.

When I hire a supervisor for my crews, I am just going to pay him enough so he can get his own benefits. I really don't want to hire a supervisor... I am liking the profit margins now.

StBalor
02-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Thanksgiving & Christmas turkey or ham (Their choice). Maybe birthday off with pay? Or double pay on their birthday if they don't want the day off?
Just some thoughts.