PDA

View Full Version : Time to Market

C Cutters
02-26-2007, 08:21 AM
Hey all,
I was looking to get some information as to when I should start passing out flyers for the spring cuttings/landscaping. I will be doing door hangers and I am in the midwest region. Early March, late March, April? When do you guys market? (These are to potentially new customers, not previous ones)
Also, this may sound dumb, but is spring the only time I can pass out flyers, or can I do it any time of the year I want? What time of the year yeilds the greatest response (I would assume spring, but am not suprised if I am wrong). Thanks for all your help guys, this is my third year doing this but my first year actually making a company out of it!

SidelinePropMgr
02-26-2007, 09:37 AM
You can and should market year round. Keep your name in front of potential customers. do you have software to track your business, if not, try gopher just click my link.

C Cutters
02-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Any other thoughts on this? Thanks guys.

Total.Lawn.Care
02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
I agree, market all year. I have already sent some direct mail postcards and done some flyering. I have to hit the flyersing hard now. Our temps are starting to warm up and our lawn will start to green in here in the next few weeks.

Jake Wolf
02-27-2007, 02:27 PM
All year round. Target your flyers to what needs to be done in the coming months. You can even have different flyers for yards in different conditions.

One for renovations, another for pruning, another for a nice looking lawn, but say something like you can add flowers and make it look even better, etc.

GreenN'Clean
02-27-2007, 06:20 PM
Its always time to get your name out there but now is the time to start running ads in your local newspaper

toac
02-28-2007, 10:35 AM
i'm just north of you in dayton. i usually start my big spring campaign in the first or second week in march. then, like the many comments above, advertise year round or at least during the cutting season (sometimes more if it isn't too cold).

StBalor
02-28-2007, 11:55 AM
gonna start this weekend. Depending on weather, but generally the 1st weekend in march.

tthomass
02-28-2007, 08:57 PM
I'm watching the weather........I want clear and sunny skies when I send them out this time of year.........snow/rain will kill it.