PDA

View Full Version : chevy colorado/gmc canyon

terrapro
02-26-2007, 11:50 AM
anyone have one of these or have rode in one. ive been thinking about picking up one of the 4-door 4-wheel drive versions this summer for running around and light maintenance work. possibly towing around the 4x8 trailer also when needed.

beano
02-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Those trucks arent really 4 wheel drive, although they say they are and they have a 4wheel drive mode, they are more like awd. Still is better than 2wd but not as good as the full size trucks

terrapro
02-26-2007, 12:08 PM
if the 4x4 is anything like the fullsize versions push button all wheel drive option i would consider it a selling point. my 99 2500 had the push button 4-hi, 4-low, or all-wheel option and loved it. i dont think i had ever really used the regular 4x4 options the all-wheel option was so impressive.

lucforce
02-26-2007, 04:11 PM
I drove a 4dr 4wd through the Canadian Rockies last winter, in heavy ice and snow.

Surefooted but loves to drink the gas.

mike lane lawn care
02-26-2007, 05:36 PM
oh god, don't even think about using a gmc canyon, or colorado for landscaping work. i love the looks of them and was gonna buy one, but i got like 20 pages of pure insults on me, my financial status, and my quality of work.

tthomass
02-26-2007, 05:51 PM
oh god, don't even think about using a gmc canyon, or colorado for landscaping work. i love the looks of them and was gonna buy one, but i got like 20 pages of pure insults on me, my financial status, and my quality of work.

huh?

I would look for a 1500, its a lot more truck and you get about 17-18mpg.

twisted_r1
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
I have a 2005 Colorado, I live in NJ s we don't get mountains of snow, but it did great in what snow we did have and fine off road when i take it hunting. I towed a race car every weekend for one season so far, and towed too many other cars to count. I'm not saying it would pull a 20 ft enclosed, but if your getting a 12 ft trailer w/ a mower or two, i don't see a problem. (i have a 4dr 4x4) I don't know why anyone would make fun of your "financial status" my truck sticker was 35k. I know thats not a Porsche but thats enough dough for me, but if thats what your worried about you could all ways get a hummer.

terrapro
03-01-2007, 05:06 PM
i have my 3/4ton which handles anything i can throw at it, especially gas. it gets like 7-8mpg towing, plowing, hauling, or normal driving it doesnt matter. it just loves to eat gas which is why i was thinking of a smaller truck for putzin around when i wouldnt need a bigger truck. in the middle of summer when im just doing maintenance i dont need a big truck to pull weeds or deadhead some daylillies. a couple buckets, some prunners, a rake, blower, and shovel is really all i need to bring with me so why spend the extra gas. thats why i would be interested in one.