PDA

View Full Version : Insurance for Employees

cpel2004
02-26-2007, 04:27 PM
After a conversation with one of our members on this site, Im curious to find out who offers insurance for their employess? What direct or indirect benefits has this provided to your company with retaining top notch employess?

Swampy
02-26-2007, 04:43 PM
As a employee a lot. Have you seen to cost of Medical treatment? Hell a ambulance ride with out mileage is 300 bucks alone. That cuts into my beer money.

Matt k
02-26-2007, 06:01 PM
We pay for employees health insurance 100%. Direct and Indirect benefits, everybody should have health insurance. The closer we get to getting everybody covered, the closer we will be to having lower premiums!!! Plus, it is important to me that my guys are covered in case something happens out of the field.

VBsnow
03-19-2007, 11:36 AM
You pay X amount of money for workers compensation per 100 dollars of payroll. You then pay taxes on this same payroll.

If you offer health insurance, this money is no longer payroll-comprendes?

In addition, people tthink much harder about leaving a company with benefits. It may also attract a more stable, family oriented employee.

Drew Gemma
03-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Boots, pants, shorts, shirts, gloves, hats, carharts, saftey gear. gas allowance to drive to and fro from home to work. can't afford Ins right now and neither person wants retirement. Hoping by June to have major med. Any suggestions?

VBsnow
03-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I do not understand the question. Suggestion for what? Please elaborate.:confused:

Drew Gemma
03-19-2007, 07:16 PM
health ins options

say'n somthin
03-19-2007, 08:21 PM
I just started providing Health Ins. as a benefit to my full time employees. I cover 100% Health and they have the option for Dental. It equates to about $1.00 extra an hour for a younger 20s man. Once I have started offering health ins., I have had no problems finding descent employees. I have debated this for a while and began asking myself what would I want if I applied for this type of work?

HazellLawnCare
03-19-2007, 09:59 PM
We pay 100% of employees health insurance after they have been with us 60 days. I have learned this is much easier than setting it up for every new guy just to cancel because he can't hang with us.

baruch05167
03-19-2007, 11:07 PM
If you offer 100% health insurance, you are setting yourself up for disaster. No employee is happy when your rates for them go up 20%. They do not see a raise in that at all.

I don't offer anything right now, but if I did, I'd offer a fixed amount toward health insurance and push HSA's all day long. HSA's are the best thing to hit health insurance in a long time. You get a high deductible, can save tax free, grow money tax free and take it out tax free. AND you don't run to the doctor for every stupid cold thinking it's free (or only $10). If you do go to the doctor, you actually ask, what's this going to cost me since it's MY money.

Baruch

VBsnow
03-20-2007, 09:02 AM
health ins options

Hello,

Ohio can be peculiar. To get an accurate answer to that question, just call an agent. Ask around for one you can trust from family or friends. Giving options are easy. Remember that the quotes can change from month to month but you can get a general idea of what you will need.

BTW, my agency sells health but I do not. I work in the P&C side and specialize in landscapers, nurseries,tree services, etc.