PDA

View Full Version : Business Plan.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
02-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Hey,

I guess i'll throw this in here. I am in high school and for entrepreneur class we write a business plan. Currently, we're on the industry analysis. I was wondering where you other guys got the info about this industry like statistics and what not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
adam

Fantasy Lawns
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Lawn & Landscape reports a yearly "state of Industry" ...

Google search fore a recent Gallup poll ... might be dated as up to date ones cost $$

ANLA is another good source .... American Nursery & Landscape Association

This is dated from 2000 ... but this is kinda what you'll find

NEW YORK - The professional lawn care service market reached $3.4 billion in 2000 - up 12 percent from 1999 - according to a research study released March 21, 2001, from MarketResearch.com. The study defined the professional lawn care market as those service professionals devoted to lawn treatment rather than maintenance.
MarketResearch.com, a provider of global market intelligence products and services, provided the data from a study titled "The U.S. Lawn & Garden Market" by research report provider Packaged Facts. The study revealed that the overall United States lawn care market grew 3.9 percent to $21 billion in 2000 and is expected to grow to $26 billion by in 2005.
Besides figures on professional lawn care services, the study showed that the lawn equipment category, which includes outdoor power equipment, tools and implements, and watering/spraying devices, reached a historic high of $12.6 billion in 2000. Also, the lawn and garden supply category, covering fertilizers/growth media and pest control, jumped nearly 5 percent over 1999 sales to garnish $4.9 billion in 2000.
The study revealed that renewed growth in the market is mostly attributed to the 77 million aging baby boomers who account for most of the equipment, product and service expenditures associated with lawn care.
"Most baby boomers have become affluent homeowners, viewing lawn care and gardening as outdoor leisure activities and basic functions of homeownership," said Richard Koulbanis, senior VP of research publishing for MarketResearch.com. "Because beautifying a home while improving its value is important to any homeowner, investing in high-ticket landscaping products and services is considered both realistic and feasible."

Adam's Lawn and Garden
02-27-2007, 07:27 PM
Are we considered to be in the "green industry" by the government?

Fantasy Lawns
02-27-2007, 10:38 PM
I don't know about Uncle Sam ....but a google search shows most hits related to something in our "industry" ....which is mostly really a service ..... related to Lawn, Landscape,Spray, Fert, Hort, Irrigation, Nursery even Hardscape