PDA

View Full Version : Can flyers be stapled?

walker-talker
02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
Most flyers I get have a piece of tape holding them together. Will the post office accept flyers that have staples holding them together? I usually use tape, but since I have an electric stapler, it would go much quicker. With all the talk about the price of stamps going up, I thought I better get this round of flyers out.

Thanks,
Matt

CNYScapes
02-26-2007, 08:14 PM
i have rec'd them with staples before

Roger
02-26-2007, 09:21 PM
Are you talking about "wafer sealing" on tri-fold brochures? These are the circle-shaped pieces, sticky on one side, perhaps one inch in diameter that are put across the edges?

Are you using bulk mailing?

Before you fire up your stapler, I suggest having a talk with your local postmaster. At one time, staples were forbidden on such mailings. That rule may have applied to first class only, I'm not sure.

I certainly recall many years ago having to use wafers to do the sealing because staples were a no-no -- the staples did not work in the mechanized sorting machines.

Check with the postmaster.

walker-talker
02-26-2007, 10:52 PM
In the past I have always used small stickers. What I usually do is take address lables and cut them down to small squares. I better just stick to this. Since they are larger than 4" x 6", they require first class postage. I am not doing a mass mailing, only 150. It cost about $60 in postage, so I better stick to the decals vs. staples. I would have for all of them to come back.

ED'S LAWNCARE
02-27-2007, 05:51 PM
I too use small stickers. I started out cutting down labels then I found you can buy them at walmart 500 for about $3 and no cutting. Last week I had a brain fart sent out 96 to this one sub division all came back wrong address uggg. Live and learn.