PDA

View Full Version : Container For Product Poor

ed2hess
02-26-2007, 10:26 PM
I got my 1 gallon of fluid film today in a paint can... Now exactly how am I going to get it into some type of tiny spray bottle without spilling a bunch of it? At least put it in a can with some type small screw off top. And why not provide a spray bottle with the package. In general I was disappointed should put it in spray cans like all you competitors.

Jason Rose
02-26-2007, 11:13 PM
Ahhh, well that sucks! I kinda figured it came in the same kind of can WD-40 comes in... Of course that's a PITA to pour out of when it's full too...

I emptied another can of FF today, had to break out my last can! Next time I'm close to out John Deere delaer I'll have to pick some more up!

carcrz
02-27-2007, 10:25 AM
Better get a funnel.

Dano50
02-27-2007, 10:53 AM
I understand your concerns, but we decided to switch to the paint-style cans because of the viscosity of Fluid Film. Fluid Film is about the thickness of a house paint in its bulk form. If you wanted to spray Fluid Film, you would need to use a paint sprayer, such as a Wagner, to get a proper fan. A small spray bottle is not going to work. Fluid Film is just too thick.

You could always brush or roll it on, which is what a lot of the plow guys do when applying it to their snow equipment. It keep the snow from sticking and keeps their equipment corrosion free.

ed2hess
02-27-2007, 07:21 PM
I understand your concerns, but we decided to switch to the paint-style cans because of the viscosity of Fluid Film. Fluid Film is about the thickness of a house paint in its bulk form. If you wanted to spray Fluid Film, you would need to use a paint sprayer, such as a Wagner, to get a proper fan. A small spray bottle is not going to work. Fluid Film is just too thick.

You could always brush or roll it on, which is what a lot of the plow guys do when applying it to their snow equipment. It keep the snow from sticking and keeps their equipment corrosion free.
Are you joking "a Wagner" ....I don't want to paint my house with this stuff. I want to use it on small pivot points on equipment. I was thinking about a small half pint spray bottle like the ones used with windex. Are you saying it can't be pumped with those plastic bottles? Have you tried pouring this stuff when it is full. Haven't you seen turpentine cans? You need to get this stuff in a small can like your competitors!

Dano50
02-27-2007, 07:24 PM
My best advice would be to use the aerosol cans for the smaller applications. We used to carry Fluid Film in the turpentine type cans, but the problem was that Fluid Film was too thick and would make pouring difficult.

I hope this helps.