PDA

View Full Version : My Box Truck

robknasel
02-26-2007, 11:20 PM
Hello,
Just finished my box truck and thought I would post some photos. This truck is equipped for mowing and fertilization. It has a set of Safe-T Ramps from USA ramps on the back. No this is not a endorsement for safe-t ramps. I recommend them but only if you do some extra work to secure them on your truck with some extra brackets. If not they wont really work for your lawn care needs. All of the graphics are vinyl lettering. If you have any questions let me know. I will have some pics of the inside soon.

Rob Knasel
www.springfieldsignaturelawncare.com

Tadams
02-26-2007, 11:34 PM
That looks real good! Tell us more about the truck-year, motor, mpg, box length. Got any pics of the ramp? I went with a dovetail and ramp set-up on my Isuzu but always interested in other set-ups. Show us all the pics that you have.

robknasel
02-26-2007, 11:40 PM
This truck is a 1995 GMC Diesal 6.5L it gets 15 MPG. I purchased this truck off of eBay for $3800 from a car lot in Indiana. I have some before pics that I will also list.

Rob Knasel

TheLawnBarber
02-27-2007, 12:23 AM
Lets see some pics of the inside.

bonerigo.1
02-27-2007, 01:16 PM
That truck has come a long way. Looks top notch.

Lawn Enforcer
02-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Sweet lookin' truck! Can't wait for the inside pics. If you don't mind, would you tell us how much it cost you total, including lettering, ramps, etc.

robknasel
02-28-2007, 07:54 PM
Here is the break down on the cost.

Truck $3800
Lettering $ 1300
Ramps $ 1200
Simulators $120
Misc (paint, cleaning supplies) $400

Total $5520

robknasel
02-28-2007, 07:57 PM
Here are the pics of the before truck.
Rob Knasel
SpringfieldSignatureLawnCare.com

N.H.BOY
02-28-2007, 08:48 PM
Nice lookin truck bud. Get a pic of that ramp too love to see that grade you have to go up.

JosephLawnCare
02-28-2007, 11:09 PM
Holy cow! What a difference! I like it alot. Especially the price. How much time do you have in the bottom of the door?

Duncan90si
03-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Nice improvement, Looks great. One question though. Is that a piece of white tape across the bottom of the drivers door to cover up rust? Or do I need to go get my eyes checked? ;) Nice box truck either way.

Garden Gate
03-04-2007, 08:13 PM
This truck is a 1995 GMC Diesal 6.5L it gets 15 MPG. I purchased this truck off of eBay for $3800 from a car lot in Indiana. I have some before pics that I will also list.

Rob Knasel

hey rob... i have thought of getting one of those safe t ramps from usa ramps....how heavy are they and how easy are they from job to job ......what about clearance ...too steep..or just right ...........help me out ..........thanks again

robknasel
03-06-2007, 06:36 PM
The ramps are just right for this size box truck. They are not that heavy. There is a wrong way and right way to collapse them against the truck. It doesnt take long to figure out the right way. My only complaint was the method the manufacturer suggests to hold them against the truck. His suggestion is a cargo strap or cinch strap. This would take entirely to long to perform between yards. I have made my own design and method and it works very well. It could be even better and I suggest the manufacturer to come up with a universal bracket/ holder for his ramps. Please call Lowell at USA Ramps and ask him about this. Maybe if enough of us suggest, it might become reality. The angle is good. Not too steep at all. I know that another person had stated that he thought the ramp angle would be too steep. I didnt respond to this because some people just like to cause hate and discontent on these forums. They product is expensive but an accident with another car is too. Dovetails are not a option in my opinion. The idea of my truck bottoming out and not being able to get it unstuck when the wheels are airbourne. If you have ever got a zero turn stuck this way you will know what I mean.

Good Luck,
If you have any further questions let me know.

Rob Knasel

AL Inc
03-07-2007, 10:45 PM
Great looking truck, Rob. It really came together nicely. I've kicked around the idea of a box truck for lawn maintenance for years, the only problem is having to do a lot of debris removal from my properties. When I can, I'm going to set up a box truck for my landscape construction/detail crew. Again, nice truck!

troblandscape
03-20-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey Rob do you have any updated ramp pics yet, I would like to see your set-up with the ramp down.

Garden Gate
03-30-2007, 06:14 PM
The ramps are just right for this size box truck. They are not that heavy. There is a wrong way and right way to collapse them against the truck. It doesnt take long to figure out the right way. My only complaint was the method the manufacturer suggests to hold them against the truck. His suggestion is a cargo strap or cinch strap. This would take entirely to long to perform between yards. I have made my own design and method and it works very well. It could be even better and I suggest the manufacturer to come up with a universal bracket/ holder for his ramps. Please call Lowell at USA Ramps and ask him about this. Maybe if enough of us suggest, it might become reality. The angle is good. Not too steep at all. I know that another person had stated that he thought the ramp angle would be too steep. I didnt respond to this because some people just like to cause hate and discontent on these forums. They product is expensive but an accident with another car is too. Dovetails are not a option in my opinion. The idea of my truck bottoming out and not being able to get it unstuck when the wheels are airbourne. If you have ever got a zero turn stuck this way you will know what I mean.

Good Luck,
If you have any further questions let me know.

Rob Knasel

hey rob thanks for the updates....really appreciate .....
how do you fasten your ramp to the truck\ box....i mean during transit from site to site..;.the best i get is a bungee cord type.........i dont like the idea......aand also do you think the 8ft ramps can work...........thanks once again......from all box truck lco's.......